sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. Worn in three or four games, too.

Interesting to see the relative value they place on the jerseys depending on the player name/number.

Too rich for my blood.

They will probably come down in price for some but I really want a Zuccarello but 1000 is insane money.

$4000 for a Nash? Jeez

That's double what his Blue Jackets 3rd jerseys sold for last year. The year before his home and away jerseys were $1,000.

Asking much over 1000 for anyone but the top say, 10-15 players in the league is just over the top if you ask me. The pricing with no rhyme or reason is my absolute pet peeve in this hobby.

Meigray has Craig Smith (most of you are like who? exactly, he had 3 goals this year) listed for $1750. Honestly, are they high? I could go on and on about some of the pricing structures these places use. I just dont get it. Wouldnt you rather sell it for a fair amount before the player gets traded (Gaborik?) instead of hold onto it forever and eventually, maybe sell it for $3-400?

Two of the most broke teams in the league; Phoenix & Florida just like house most of their jerseys instead of putting them up for sale in a timely manner and then list them a few years down the road and wonder why they dont get any takers? The Panthers had to enlist the Detroit Hockey Co to move out their old crap and its still not going anywhere.

Last time I saw Florida's stuff they still wanted $400 for Grabner's training camp jersey. How many years ago now was that amazing flub? Youre telling me they think someone wants to PAY to remember their failures? They did put for sale some road jerseys from last season, $1500 for Gudbranson? I need to know what they're smoking.

Steiner is probably the worst of them all but man so many of these teams and companies are tough to deal with. It just drives me nuts, sell the stuff and get it out to fans instead of collecting dust asking 4k (holy lol) for it.

And it is one thing when it is at least a full set jersey worn for 15-18 games.

These are 4 game jerseys. It will be the same if they make the playoffs; they will have a new set each round and each jersey will be worn a MAX of 4 games. That is the really crazy part. They charge a high price even with more sets and less use.

Asking much over 1000 for anyone but the top say, 10-15 players in the league is just over the top if you ask me. The pricing with no rhyme or reason is my absolute pet peeve in this hobby.

Meigray has Craig Smith (most of you are like who? exactly, he had 3 goals this year) listed for $1750. Honestly, are they high? I could go on and on about some of the pricing structures these places use. I just dont get it. Wouldnt you rather sell it for a fair amount before the player gets traded (Gaborik?) instead of hold onto it forever and eventually, maybe sell it for $3-400?

Two of the most broke teams in the league; Phoenix & Florida just like house most of their jerseys instead of putting them up for sale in a timely manner and then list them a few years down the road and wonder why they dont get any takers? The Panthers had to enlist the Detroit Hockey Co to move out their old crap and its still not going anywhere.

Last time I saw Florida's stuff they still wanted $400 for Grabner's training camp jersey. How many years ago now was that amazing flub? Youre telling me they think someone wants to PAY to remember their failures? They did put for sale some road jerseys from last season, $1500 for Gudbranson? I need to know what they're smoking.

Steiner is probably the worst of them all but man so many of these teams and companies are tough to deal with. It just drives me nuts, sell the stuff and get it out to fans instead of collecting dust asking 4k (holy lol) for it.

I'd love to know the ideology behind Meigray's pricing strategy. It makes zero sense to me.

Using Timonen's gamers as a benchmark, they are $695

How do they then conclude that...

- Couturier = $1750

- Knuble = $695

- Laughton = $1995 (he played 5 games total before being sent down)

- Lauridson = $695

- Leighton = $695

- B. Schenn = $1495

- Sestito = $695

- Shelley = $695

I don't get it.

Yeah I mean I dont want to just bash MeiGray, I do like them a lot but there is some stuff that is just so confusing like that. This year Jay Beagle's home jerseys went from 595 to 750 mid season. Road and alt still the same price. What?! Did he have a higher face off percentage at home? Why should I fork over another $150? Its Jay freakin Beagle, why is it more expensive than Kimmo Timonen?

As fans and collectors all we can do is not buy, which is exactly what Im doing.

His Isles are $500

Yeah I mean I dont want to just bash MeiGray, I do like them a lot but there is some stuff that is just so confusing like that. This year Jay Beagle's home jerseys went from 595 to 750 mid season. Road and alt still the same price. What?! Did he have a higher face off percentage at home? Why should I fork over another $150? Its Jay freakin Beagle, why is it more expensive than Kimmo Timonen?

As fans and collectors all we can do is not buy, which is exactly what Im doing.

Did you see the list of players in their most recent grab bag?! It was utter crap!

Thats the only way they can get rid of them. The hopes and dreams of owning a 1 game wonder Ovechkin or Rinne crushed by the unboxing of a Borchevsky Stars gamer. And good on them for finding a way to unload them, I just know my $300 is going elsewhere.

Kimmo timonen gamer I bought this season set 1 was $695 worn in 16 road games not including his 1,000th game that was a seperate set for kimmo. Road set 2 was worn for 6 games and rose to $795 I have no idea why but I assume prices went up bc set 2 was to be worn during the playoffs

Meigray prices the jerseys so high in the event that a "gotta have it" buyer wants the jersey. I personally am one of those buyers and have spent more on jerseys than I probably should have in the past. I really wanted them. They are happy if the jerseys sell at those prices but at the same time are ok with selling them during their sales down the line.

I can't explain some of the random pricing though.

Thats the only way they can get rid of them. The hopes and dreams of owning a 1 game wonder Ovechkin or Rinne crushed by the unboxing of a Borchevsky Stars gamer. And good on them for finding a way to unload them, I just know my $300 is going elsewhere.

My $300 is going to an Oleg Kvasha or Brad Isbister during the summer sale. Le sigh.

You think that's nuts, you should see the wilds prices for game worn and just team issued. Its insanity.

Brent burns. Fan fave but gone. Still think they can get 750.

James effing Sheppard is like 450.

Lunacy.

$750 I can get a Hamonic and Martin! Or Nielsen and Hamonic! Or a Moulson and a game used stick!

Caps home reds have higher demand than the road whites. And Jay Beagle is awesome.