DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

For those still confused, here's a great pic (from IceJerseys.com actually) showing the bad customization many of the factory customized jerseys use:

customization_detail_nhl.jpg

Looking at it in person, it doesn't even seem like twill - it's more "plastic-y"

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those still confused, here's a great pic (from IceJerseys.com actually) showing the bad customization many of the factory customized jerseys use:

customization_detail_nhl.jpg

Looking at it in person, it doesn't even seem like twill - it's more "plastic-y"

I don't know but my Penguins premier on the numbers and letters have Glacier twill. But when I saw the jersey at a Sportchek a couple months ago the Penguins Crosby jersey didn't have the Glacier twill instead just fake stitch marks.

It'll be the same single layer twill either pressed or sewn to the jersey, with the fake stitch marks on the other pictured layers. Anytime you buy a Premier jersey, assume that's the customization style. Again, ANY time you buy a Premier, assume it to be the single layer twill customization!

Places like IceJerseys are very straight forward about their authentic style customization, and any other company who does the same will be as straight forward, so look for that if you're shopping for a Premier.

/end derail

I guess I'll stick to buying my premier jerseys at MSG then. All the factory customized jerseys they get trucked in are double stitched. That or I'll just buy my jerseys blank and have them lettered later.

I guess I'll stick to buying my premier jerseys at MSG then. All the factory customized jerseys they get trucked in are double stitched. That or I'll just buy my jerseys blank and have them lettered later.

I'll be honest, sometimes I cant figure this out. I've been in stores that have both the "fake numbers" and the sewn layered twill numbers on two of the the same exact jerseys... same price too. Kind of makes you say "hmmm?" :wacko:

I'll be honest, sometimes I cant figure this out. I've been in stores that have both the "fake numbers" and the sewn layered twill numbers on two of the the same exact jerseys... same price too. Kind of makes you say "hmmm?" :wacko:

Agreed, but I can tell you why MSG does it. They get jerseys trucked in that are factory customized, and when they run out of those, they make up their own. Those are heat sealed, but I've never seen one up close. I only picked up one jersey there and that was my Callahan heritage. Maybe I'll try to grab a blue at the end of the season clearance.

Yeah whenever I shop at MSG I always look inside the jerseys to make sure I get one that's stitched instead of heat pressed. Surprisingly MSG also sells some jerseys with incorrect lettering. The Stepan jerseys they have on the rack this year have block lettering instead of italics.

I'm sure you all saw this, but if not it's an authentic white Thrashers jersey for $50

http://www.meigray.c...7411&scId=57411

Im hoping that clearence section gets updated soon...that stuff has been there forever.

Not at all dude, I looked at the jerseys Modells sells and I laughed so hard. There's no way NHL.com's lettering is that bad. I've seen the same thing at multiple Modells locations. Also - http://www.reebok.com/US/shop/collection1?cm_mmc=CJ-_-2658936-_-3407551-_-valid+2-11+thru+2-17+Deal+of+the+Week

40% off

That Reebok banner says the 40% off sale goes through 2/17/11, but it isn't working today and didn't yesterday either. I call foul.

Good deals on Brodeur and Jagr authentics

My link

My link 2

Did Jagr ever wear that style Pens jersey? I thought he went to the Caps before they starting using those? Either way, the custom job on both of those isn't the greatest. Numbers are far from flat.

Did Jagr ever wear that style Pens jersey? I thought he went to the Caps before they starting using those? Either way, the custom job on both of those isn't the greatest. Numbers are far from flat.

A lot of times the ones that are posted here need to be seen for the sweater itself not the customization. Both of these are easy strips and potentially good price on authentics.

That was the alternate jersey during Jagr's last year with the Pens I believe.

Yup, just looked at the uniforms database. I wish they'd go back to something similar to the color scheme of 95-97. The gold never did it for me, and the powder blues certainly don't.

That was the alternate jersey during Jagr's last year with the Pens I believe.

Correct. It was introduced at a team press conference Oct 28th,2000 with Mario Lemiuex actually wearing Jagr's jersey and making fun of his goal celebration for good measure.

Just Sayin :blink:

It seems as if a lot of people are quoting themselves recently and I wanna join in on the fun!!!!

It came in the mail today and I love it! It is easily my all-time favorite jacket/sweatshirt. It is very soft. Highly recommend getting one :thumbsup:

IMG_4538-1.jpg