DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Reminds me about this one time when I went to Sport Chek in my hometown, I saw a Luongo premier with both of the Shoulder patches upside down and some guy actually bought the jersey.

Haha. On a non-jersey-related but still somewhat funny and relevant note... when I was in public school we went on a field trip to a corn maze/pumpkin picking patch, and me and my friends tried to get 5 year olds to buy rotted pumpkins, telling them they were magical and that's why they looked different. Their teacher started yelling at us :P

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha. On a non-jersey-related but still somewhat funny and relevant note... when I was in public school we went on a field trip to a corn maze/pumpkin picking patch, and me and my friends tried to get 5 year olds to buy rotted pumpkins, telling them they were magical and that's why they looked different. Their teacher started yelling at us :P

sleeping_computer_body_180x220.jpg

also http://cgi.ebay.com/REEBOK-BUFFALO-SABRES-RED-ALTERNATE-JERSEY-SIZE-58-/280630413376?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4156e04840

Modells is having 40% off and free shipping!

Have you looked at the lettering on some of the jerseys they sell? The Rangers jerseys in the stores are ###### poor. The letters are small and heat pressed. Not only that, but they're made to look sewn and it's not even a good attempt. It's like they were made to resemble the pattern of stitching you'd see on a normal jersey, but it was made as part of the twill. I'll try to get a decent picture next time i'm in Modells to show you what I'm talking about.

I don't know if it's all of their jerseys, but it's definitely the Rangers and Caps jerseys.

Have you looked at the lettering on some of the jerseys they sell? The Rangers jerseys in the stores are ###### poor. The letters are small and heat pressed. Not only that, but they're made to look sewn and it's not even a good attempt. It's like they were made to resemble the pattern of stitching you'd see on a normal jersey, but it was made as part of the twill. I'll try to get a decent picture next time i'm in Modells to show you what I'm talking about.

I don't know if it's all of their jerseys, but it's definitely the Rangers and Caps jerseys.

Can always buy blanks.

old_news.jpg

No need to post pictures of the most available type of customization produced today.

Now back to the Delorean to find something else that has been happening for the past 4 years to rage about.

awkwardfuture.jpg

old_news.jpg

No need to post pictures of the most available type of customization produced today.

Now back to the Delorean to find something else that has been happening for the past 4 years to rage about.

awkwardfuture.jpg

Oh wow, and you talk about how MY posts are useless? Forgive me for not knowing how long Modells has been selling garbage jerseys for, since I haven't paid attention to hockey jerseys until recently. Oh but that's right, YOU know absolutely EVERYTHING about every hockey jersey ever available. I bow before your vast knowledge /sarcasm/. I don't see anything in my post that would imply that I'm raging about anything. He made a comment about how Modells has 40% off, and I pointed out that they sell s*** jerseys, since he clearly didn't know. But again, YOU are obviously the High Exalted Mystic Pubar of hockey jerseys and you have knowledge of everything. Sorry, not going to apologize for not knowing every single detail about every single hockey jersey.

Suck it Trebek.

Actually, it is going to be the same stuff from NHL.com. Someone posted that NHL.com has 20%, your welcome for trying to find you a better deal <_<

Not at all dude, I looked at the jerseys Modells sells and I laughed so hard. There's no way NHL.com's lettering is that bad. I've seen the same thing at multiple Modells locations. Also - http://www.reebok.com/US/shop/collection1?cm_mmc=CJ-_-2658936-_-3407551-_-valid+2-11+thru+2-17+Deal+of+the+Week

40% off

Dude. NHL.com and Modells are run by the same company. Do you watch Undercover Boss? They did a special on GSI Commerce. Also, we had this conversation before about the customization. All of the jerseys in Modells were pre-made customized factory jerseys. However, if you do the own customization, it will be the same as NHL.com. You are the only person I know that would respond negatively to 40%. I didn't buy a jersey...believe it or not, they also sell other merchandise and sports equipment!!!!

I actually bought this hoodie: http://www.modells.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4402956&s=D-StorePrice-MOD&cp=3201685.3202162.4065395.1920307.1920590.705584

40% off and free shipping. Great deal.

Oh wow, and you talk about how MY posts are useless? Forgive me for not knowing how long Modells has been selling garbage jerseys for, since I haven't paid attention to hockey jerseys until recently. Oh but that's right, YOU know absolutely EVERYTHING about every hockey jersey ever available. I bow before your vast knowledge /sarcasm/. I don't see anything in my post that would imply that I'm raging about anything. He made a comment about how Modells has 40% off, and I pointed out that they sell s*** jerseys, since he clearly didn't know. But again, YOU are obviously the High Exalted Mystic Pubar of hockey jerseys and you have knowledge of everything. Sorry, not going to apologize for not knowing every single detail about every single hockey jersey.

Suck it Trebek.

Funny_Pictures_General_Captain_Obvious.jpg

Dude. NHL.com and Modells are run by the same company. Do you watch Undercover Boss? They did a special on GSI Commerce. Also, we had this conversation before about the customization. All of the jerseys in Modells were pre-made customized factory jerseys. However, if you do the own customization, it will be the same as NHL.com. You are the only person I know that would respond negatively to 40%. I didn't buy a jersey...believe it or not, they also sell other merchandise and sports equipment!!!!

I actually bought this hoodie: http://www.modells.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4402956&s=D-StorePrice-MOD&cp=3201685.3202162.4065395.1920307.1920590.705584

40% off and free shipping. Great deal.

I missed that Undercover Boss episode, didn't interest me. I didn't know they were run by the same company. That must mean Sports Authority is run by GSI, since I think they're the same company as Modells. Also, I didn't respond negatively. All I was saying is that the jerseys in-store are garbage. Apparently this is an online-only promotion, which might not be so bad if the lettering is done properly.

Looking at it in my cart, $102 shipped for a Gaborik premier jersey is not bad at all. But if it's the same as NHL.com's lettering, isn't it just going to be heat sealed?

Also, I'm starting to think you don't sell drugs, nor have been to band camp. Because last time I was there it was just fun, no laptops needed. But hey whatever gets you off, I mean going...

;)

Suck it Trebek.

I'm glad you can accept this now.

This could be a good deal http://cgi.ebay.com/Albany-River-Rats-Authentic-Sewn-Adult-White-Jersey-54-/350438656695?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5197c58ab7#ht_500wt_922

the simple solution is to buy pro authentics if you have the cash. they dont put heat pressed letters on professional jerseys. i bought a couple of pros around the holidays for insane prices. the customization was all top notch

and to the best of my knowledge, NHL.com, SA, modell's and maybe even ######'s jerseys are all customized by the same people.

i also dont think the in-store stock is at all necessarily similar to what you buy online

I think i will stay out of this one! Last time i tried to educate a mis guided new collector i was banned for a week by Jeff who felt like excersing his god complex that week. (YA I SAID IT :fight:)

I missed that Undercover Boss episode, didn't interest me. I didn't know they were run by the same company. That must mean Sports Authority is run by GSI, since I think they're the same company as Modells. Also, I didn't respond negatively. All I was saying is that the jerseys in-store are garbage. Apparently this is an online-only promotion, which might not be so bad if the lettering is done properly.

Looking at it in my cart, $102 shipped for a Gaborik premier jersey is not bad at all. But if it's the same as NHL.com's lettering, isn't it just going to be heat sealed?

It'll be the same single layer twill either pressed or sewn to the jersey, with the fake stitch marks on the other pictured layers. Anytime you buy a Premier jersey, assume that's the customization style. Again, ANY time you buy a Premier, assume it to be the single layer twill customization!

Places like IceJerseys are very straight forward about their authentic style customization, and any other company who does the same will be as straight forward, so look for that if you're shopping for a Premier.

/end derail

It'll be the same single layer twill either pressed or sewn to the jersey, with the fake stitch marks on the other pictured layers. Anytime you buy a Premier jersey, assume that's the customization style. Again, ANY time you buy a Premier, assume it to be the single layer twill customization!

Places like IceJerseys are very straight forward about their authentic style customization, and any other company who does the same will be as straight forward, so look for that if you're shopping for a Premier.

/end derail

Weird? My Penguins Crosby premier does not have that fake stitch marks. In fact the numbers are I'm assuming authentic numbers glued on. I also bought it from NHL Shop.