It arrived today

lafountain

5'9 140 is about 175cm and 64kg

I'm a cheater 5'9, I'm maybe 173 and some :P but I declare myself as 5'9 140 as well haha

Exactly ... now picture yourself in a 54 ;) .

That Slovakia jersey is beautiful, I've always wanted that style. That one and the one at the 2002 Olympics are two of my favorites. That one because of the awesome striping and the 02 because of the funky font they used, I wish they had combined the two. Any plans for that one?

http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/52782367....84831B75F48EF45 (does that work?)

Wasn't sure which one I would be getting since someone bought it for me but was expecting it to be this one rather than the 2002 one. Had it been the 2002 one I would go for Bondra. Many plans and nowhere to do it anywhere in the country :D . Either a certain someone will find some time to do the customizing or make a kit or it'll be a long time before any jersey get's customized unless perhaps I can get my hands on some twill material. Having jerseys shipped back and forth over the pond isn't exactly cheap and that FedEx customs bill of 58 euro/ close to $90 on a value of $96 ($150-ish was including shipping) wasn't exactly a pleasant surprise either :noway: . Could order two lettering kits for that or two jerseys even ...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly ... now picture yourself in a 54 ;) .

http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/52782367....84831B75F48EF45 (does that work?)

Wasn't sure which one I would be getting since someone bought it for me but was expecting it to be this one rather than the 2002 one. Had it been the 2002 one I would go for Bondra. Many plans and nowhere to do it anywhere in the country :D . Either a certain someone will find some time to do the customizing or make a kit or it'll be a long time before any jersey get's customized unless perhaps I can get my hands on some twill material. Having jerseys shipped back and forth over the pond isn't exactly cheap and that FedEx customs bill of 58 euro/ close to $90 on a value of $96 ($150-ish was including shipping) wasn't exactly a pleasant surprise either :noway: . Could order two lettering kits for that or two jerseys even ...

I can help you out with lettering kits, for maybe a few of your jerseys. My only problem is I can't always find the right nameplate material to match the jersey, especially the Nike/Bauer/SP Airknit type.

Nice one Desert, heres to hoping that next year you can get an All-Star jersey with someone other than Jovo on it though. Figure you might eventually want someone else.

Most recent arrival...the annual Jovo All-Star jersey, numbered by IJ...

08asg55wc-f.jpg

08asg55wc-b.jpg

How's the quality of the shoulder patches?

How's the quality of the shoulder patches?

The Coyotes patch is one I purchased from altaNhl on ebay and is fully embroidered. The Premier all-star game patch is a little smaller than the real patch. I bought one of those plastic-backed embroidered patched to see if it would just fit over the screen-on-twill one, but the shapes don't line up perfectly, so I left the thin screen-onto-twill patch on there and the other one will go on a Thrashers jersey in the future. The one that came with the Premier doesn't look too bad, IMO, I just know that it is not the on-ice patch, but neither is the Premier jersey. I like making it look like one. That blue and silver is such a sweet-looking combo. I was hoping that I would be making a Bryzgalov, but that will have to wait until the game in Montreal next year, maybe. It may not seem like it, but Jovo is having an excellent season and has :o stayed healthy all year.

The Coyotes patch is one I purchased from altaNhl on ebay and is fully embroidered. The Premier all-star game patch is a little smaller than the real patch. I bought one of those plastic-backed embroidered patched to see if it would just fit over the screen-on-twill one, but the shapes don't line up perfectly, so I left the thin screen-onto-twill patch on there

Isn't that annoying?

I did the same thing with my Rolston jersey from last year. I bought an embroidered Wild logo for one shoulder and a Dallas All-Star Game patch for the other shoulder, only to find the shapes didn't match up exactly.

I was planning on putting the embroidered patch over the screened one. Now that the embroidered one won't cover the screened one, I considered taking the screened one off, but didn't want to risk leaving a noticeable scar on the jersey due to the new patch not being able to hide the old one and reports of how the new material is susceptible to pilling easily.

Had some minor work done up on my Getzlaf jersey. I had the Stanley Cup patch added, gotta say it does add something special to the jersey.

2497448070101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

Today's arrival is a Lutch brand 2005-06 Metallurg Magnitogorsk Evgeni Malkin road jersey.

It's from global_hockey on ebay and has the name on the back in cyrillic and the number 71 in white outlined in red, unlike some knockoffs on ebay that simply have one color white numbers without the red trim.

This is going to be a really cool one to have in October since Metallurg won the most recent IIHF European Champions Cup, they will be the team to face the New York Rangers in the first Victoria Cup.

This is also a special jersey since I recently read the book King of Russia about Dave King becoming the first Canadian to coach in the Russian Super League when he coached Metallurg Magnitogorsk, featuring Malkin, in the 05-06 season.

d679_1.JPG

Very nice Jeff, the Magnitogorsk is a really sharp one along with many of the other Russian ones.

Today's arrival is a Lutch brand 2005-06 Metallurg Magnitogorsk Evgeni Malkin road jersey.

It's from global_hockey on ebay and has the name on the back in cyrillic and the number 71 in white outlined in red, unlike some knockoffs on ebay that simply have one color white numbers without the red trim.

d679_1.JPG

Great jersey that Jeff. Do you know if Global Hockey offer those 05-06's with any other names on them, or is it Malkin or nothing?

Great jersey that Jeff. Do you know if Global Hockey offer those 05-06's with any other names on them, or is it Malkin or nothing?

I've only seen auctions for the Malkin on ebay, but you could either contact him through this current auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Malkin-Metal...emZ330216769513

or through their website.

http://www.global-hockey.com/Lutch_06.html

and ask. According to the ebay auction, these are a pre-order and very well could be made up with a different name and number.

Just contact him and he can get any name you want put on it. I was pondering the thought of Kulemin.....

This is going to be a really cool one to have in October since Metallurg won the most recent IIHF European Champions Cup, they will be the team to face the New York Rangers in the first Victoria Cup.

This is also a special jersey since I recently read the book King of Russia about Dave King becoming the first Canadian to coach in the Russian Super League when he coached Metallurg Magnitogorsk, featuring Malkin, in the 05-06 season.

d679_1.JPG

I have the white version of this jersey. Love Malkin and love my jersey,but I like your blue one a bit better than the white....

Oh yeah, I recieved my Spartak Kovalchuk jersey today...quite happy with it.... :D

I've only seen auctions for the Malkin on ebay, but you could either contact him through this current auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Malkin-Metal...emZ330216769513

or through their website.

http://www.global-hockey.com/Lutch_06.html

and ask. According to the ebay auction, these are a pre-order and very well could be made up with a different name and number.

Just contact him and he can get any name you want put on it. I was pondering the thought of Kulemin.....

Thanks guys, definitely have to go for that :thumbsup:

I finally caved in an bought an "Edge" jersey which arrived today. Its a Malkin Black Penguins jersey I picked up fairly cheap of ebay, which I was 99% sure was a knock off, but wanted to get one so I can strip the name and attempt put HOSSA #18 on there myself and I didnt want to spend money on real replica since those are heat sealed numbers (unless of course you get it from IJ). As much as it is about putting Hossa on the back, its also about attempting to strip a jersey for the first time, and I didn't want to waste a real jersey on that, should it go south. With that said, its a fairly well made jersey, it has the correct cut that the Penguins have, nhl shield at the neck, correct striping (unlike the Sabers knockoffs) and a fight strap. Its not very thick and the numbers are like NBA swingman jerseys, a vinyl that is printed to look like it is 3 layer twill and just sewn to the jersey, not heat applied at all which is perfect for my project. Overall I'm happy with my purchase, I'll post pics in a few weeks when I'm home for spring break.

Ben you're gonna have to change your signature, Hossa switched his number back to 81 in Phoenix!

Ben you're gonna have to change your signature, Hossa switched his number back to 81 in Phoenix!

Yeah Desert Rat pointed that out to me too, its really a combination of things. 1. I'm lazy and waiting for them to add a #81 jersey of his and 2, taking the time to find the other 6 jerseys I want with it. I really like the signature maker, just not the effort to get the codes for each jersey! Thanks for the head up though, sooner or later (most likely later) well get this taken care of!

I'm pretty happy with this signature generator thing. I'm posting this as much to see my new sig as anything else...

Although, it would be nice to show the front of my blank jerseys. And why is AkBars Kazan in the RSL not listed anywhere?

That IS a beauty. Congrads! I'm shopping for one of these right now.