It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be that high. I bid on it when it was at 93 bucks. I put in a ceiling bid of about 150 I think but it ended up going for 154. I could've gone for it again but I decided not to. I kinda need the money for rent!

Edit: I figure I'm covered on Bruins jerseys anyways. I have the Winnie the Pooh third and I have the all-important third from 1991-92. That's all I really need.

Nice Nordiques jerseys. Ever considered putting the NHL 75th Anniversary or the French version of the Stanley Cup Centennial patch on the Sakic?

2941603950100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2340903690100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Nice Nordiques jerseys. Ever considered putting the NHL 75th Anniversary or the French version of the Stanley Cup Centennial patch on the Sakic?

2941603950100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2340903690100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

You read my mind

Here it is! This time I purchased the lettering kit at jerseystore2000 on ebay. Its just too bad they put the names on tackle twill nameplates... which I don't use. I just hate making 3-colored names, that's why I bought it ;)

Since you don't use twill nameplates, do you have a place you get mesh ones from or do you sew them directly to the jersey? I've been considering trying to sew on an easily replaceable jersey (after a bit of practice of course) and wanted to go with air knit nameplates if possible. Any suggestions?

Since you don't use twill nameplates, do you have a place you get mesh ones from or do you sew them directly to the jersey? I've been considering trying to sew on an easily replaceable jersey (after a bit of practice of course) and wanted to go with air knit nameplates if possible. Any suggestions?

I don't have a source for mesh nameplates unfortunately. For my Avs jerseys I used the ones that came with the jersey, in the PP Bourque I used the material of another Avs authentic that I got very cheap, small sized, just to make nameplates out of it. For other jerseys I had to sew a nameplate out of two pieces, if the name was too long or the nameplates to short. I did that, because I know they will be replaced some day.

I LOVE those "flowing flag" jerseys and have a number of them in my collection. If Nike had any smarts at all, they'd remake the USA ones. Those are in such demand that they could sell quite a few of them.

Jeff

We recently were granted with the gift of the NHL network from our cable company, and today my roomates and I watched the USA/Canada Final from the 1996 World Cup of Hockey. Being 10 when it originally went down, I didn't remember too much of it, but after watching, I've decided I need to add the US jersey to my collection. I agree that those would be a smart reissue for Nike to make (as well as CCM doing the 1996 Alternate Jerseys). The are sharp sweaters on their own, but seeing them in a game was awesome, and made me miss how great the game was 10 years ago or so. I find it hard to believe that Athletic Knit or SP or someone hasn't taken that template and made it a blank jersey, at least the US and Canada. I feel like they would do well if they had them (same goes for the templates for the 96 3rd jerseys). Just my two cents and like I said, I would love to see those WCofH jerseys brought back.

Would love to add a World Cup Richter......

Would love to add a World Cup Richter......

I remember those in the stores at the time. They made Leetch #2, Roenick #27 and Richter #35 in white.

You see the Leetch and Roenick on ebay from time to time, but Roenick DID NOT PLAY in the 1996 World Cup for whatever reason.

I thought I had a blue one on it's way to me and was as giddy as a schoolgirl - unitl it arrived.

The listing (not on ebay with photos) said it was a "world cup" authentic jersey, so I wrote and asked "1996 or 2004?". "1996" comes the reply. Beautiful! I make a payment and what arrives? A 1991 Canada Cup jersey. A really nice jersey, mind you, but not the holy grail of a blue 96 World Cup that would have become my Richter. :(

I remember those in the stores at the time. They made Leetch #2, Roenick #27 and Richter #35 in white.

You see the Leetch and Roenick on ebay from time to time, but Roenick DID NOT PLAY in the 1996 World Cup for whatever reason.

I thought I had a blue one on it's way to me and was as giddy as a schoolgirl - unitl it arrived.

The listing (not on ebay with photos) said it was a "world cup" authentic jersey, so I wrote and asked "1996 or 2004?". "1996" comes the reply. Beautiful! I make a payment and what arrives? A 1991 Canada Cup jersey. A really nice jersey, mind you, but not the holy grail of a blue 96 World Cup that would have become my Richter. :(

Believe Roenick was a free agent that summer and his agent suggested he sit out and not take the chance of getting injured....

357ecd0.jpg

Not sure what to think of it. Nike swoosh glued on, front & back, crest made out of mousemat material, the plastic sorta kind. If anyone has a dell you know what kind :D. Jersey material is fine, same as other Nike's, (price)tags look fine. Maybe that's how they made replica's back then? No breathing holes on the sides either (like the authentic). Looked at a few members collections but no one has one <_<:D . Anyway bought it to wear, will probably wear it to the worlds next year B) . Hope to add a white version with Finland on the crest and Suomi written on the bottom of the jersey along with a white Russian 2002 olympic one from a local store (local as in the country). Will probably be next month at it's earliest since I had a "big fat" FedEx bill coming in 2 weeks after a package arrived. (non hockey)Order was about $150, bill is about $90 :rolleyes: . Normally they use USPS so no idea wtf they had to use FedEx for this time. Oh yeah: also had two college jerseys arrive earlier this week ...

On second thought the crest isn't made of plastic but can't come up with the name of the material right now. But it certainly isn't embroidered ...

Not sure what to think of it. Nike swoosh glued on, front & back, crest made out of mousemat material, the plastic sorta kind. If anyone has a dell you know what kind :D. Jersey material is fine, same as other Nike's, (price)tags look fine. Maybe that's how they made replica's back then? No breathing holes on the sides either (like the authentic). Looked at a few members collections but no one has one <_<:D . Anyway bought it to wear, will probably wear it to the worlds next year B) . Hope to add a white version with Finland on the crest and Suomi written on the bottom of the jersey along with a white Russian 2002 olympic one from a local store (local as in the country). Will probably be next month at it's earliest since I had a "big fat" FedEx bill coming in 2 weeks after a package arrived. (non hockey)Order was about $150, bill is about $90 :rolleyes: . Normally they use USPS so no idea wtf they had to use FedEx for this time. Oh yeah: also had two college jerseys arrive earlier this week ...

On second thought the crest isn't made of plastic but can't come up with the name of the material right now. But it certainly isn't embroidered ...

I have a replica Finland jersey from that era and the Nike logo isn't glued on, the crest feels right, and the breathing holes are there.

I have a replica Finland jersey from that era and the Nike logo isn't glued on, the crest feels right, and the breathing holes are there.

The one where it says Suomi on the crest? '98 Olympics, the one with Finland on the crest is 2002 Olympics which does indeed have an embroidered crest and breathing holes. Comparing it with my '98 Bauer Canada replica, those Bauer logo's are glued on as well as is the crest, although that one is embroidered. It also doesn't have breathing holes whereas the authentic does. With the flowing flag style jerseys the USA and Canada were the only teams with embroidered logo's so it could very well be that the same goes for the '98 ones(?). Then again if yours is one with Suomi on the crest so much for that theory haha.

PICT0001Small.jpg

I guess I would call the material linen ...

Nike used to make what they called "fan" jerseys, and this Finland jersey is one of them. They used to make them for Canadian Hockey League teams. I have 3 OHL jerseys in this style, Windsor, Barrie and Mississauga. The crests are a rubberized-screen print, much like, but not the same, as the shoulder patches on the RBK Premiere's. The jersey material is very thin, much thinner than standard replicas. IIRC, they sold for about 20% less than a standard replicas. They must have also made IIHF jerseys in this style.

Okay thanks for the info. This crest though isn't screenprinted, well not in a rubberized way anyway. Also the material isn't noticeably thinner than any one of my other nike's. Comparing it to the Bauer again it's like a carbon copy apart from the crest.

But I guess this is what it should look like: http://cgi.ebay.nl/Vesa-Toskala-signed-FIN...1QQcmdZViewItem

I also noticed this doesn't have a swoosh in the neck (on the back). But it also has the newer Nike logo so maybe they upgraded the replicas at a later time. Older nike logo being the swoosh and NIKE written above it.

Oh well never mind, can't really find when exactly the logo changed again but 1995 has come across which means the tag is wrong which I have now confirmed as it actually says "collegiate licensed product" :blush: . Didn't cost me too much so it will make a nice one to use and abuse :thumbsup: .

A white CCM 550 Florida Panthers showed up today, with future plans of being an Andrej Podkonicky #41, which he played 6 games for the Panthers back in 01 or so.

As for that Finland jersey, I picked up a bunch of patches from this guy on ebay, and he has one (if not more, he was able to get me quantities in a few) that might be something you could put over the one you have. They also have one that says "Finland" instead of SUOMI which I have never seen before.

Finland Patch

A white CCM 550 Florida Panthers showed up today, with future plans of being an Andrej Podkonicky #41, which he played 6 games for the Panthers back in 01 or so.

As for that Finland jersey, I picked up a bunch of patches from this guy on ebay, and he has one (if not more, he was able to get me quantities in a few) that might be something you could put over the one you have. They also have one that says "Finland" instead of SUOMI which I have never seen before.

Finland Patch

Exactly what I had in mind this afternoon :D , already had it in my watchlist, but not sure if I'm gonna bother doing it.

I think the sleeve numbers should be blue and I'm not sure about the nameplate going across the white stripe on the back.

O the lettering is completely wrong but it was just to show the jersey. Sleeve numbers should be black with a blue outline, you can see one in JeffB's collection (which is the later one with Finland instead of Suomi on the crest). Font is wrong as well as is the positioning of the nameplate. Also strange there is no swoosh in the neck. I think this jersey has been on ebay forever :D . $200 for a badly customized replica ... so $150 for a Toskala autograph haha.

But this should probably go in the International section -_- .

Ohhhh j'adore ton chandail des Canadiens!!!