It arrived today

lafountain

I just finished unloading my jerseys which I had over at my folks house. I've had some of these stored there for over 10 years but some are more recent. One of them was that Red Wings jersey, here is another. Most were not customized and i've decided on getting them done. This one I will probably go with Turgeon or Ray Ferraro. I'll be uploading them to webshots as i get time.

2866305690102915794S500x500Q85.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that? Now THAT'S an Islanders jersey...and this is coming from a die-hard Rangers fan. Even I'd own that bad boy. That thing is awesome. One question though...is the crest crooked? It looks like the 'ISLANDERS' part is going up a little high on the right side. It's odd though because the 'NY' looks straight. Weird.

I don't believe it will be that hard to customize. I'm actually going to take it in tomorrow.

Do your homework on that one!

Bring in that photo when you do have it customized. They wore the same jersey for the next few All-Star games but changed the color of the name and sleeve numbers to white in 96 & 97.

2988935180100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

This one I will probably go with Turgeon or Ray Ferraro. I'll be uploading them to webshots as i get time.

2866305690102915794S500x500Q85.jpg

They also wore the Islanders 25th Anniversary patch that year. That's a bit of a tough patch to get, but one just went on ebay recently and RiverCitySports.com has them, but once again, with their nasty shipping charges. I don't know if you can see it peeking out on the left sleeve or not in the photo below. Do check out the funky, serifed "A". Mine is going to be a Ferraro just so I have an excuse to add the "A" that Turgeon didn't wear.

19761.jpgIslanders91-92F.jpg

Do your homework on that one!

Bring in that photo when you do have it customized. They wore the same jersey for the next few All-Star games but changed the color of the name and sleeve numbers to white in 96 & 97.

2988935180100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

They also wore the Islanders 25th Anniversary patch that year. That's a bit of a tough patch to get, but one just went on ebay recently and RiverCitySports.com has them, but once again, with their nasty shipping charges. I don't know if you can see it peeking out on the left sleeve or not in the photo below. Do check out the funky, serifed "A". Mine is going to be a Ferraro just so I have an excuse to add the "A" that Turgeon didn't wear.

19761.jpgIslanders91-92F.jpg

I've been eyeing that one on ebay for a while. I actually need both the 20th and 25th which he is selling

Thanks for the heads up on that customization. I wouldn't have noticed. I knew they wore the same jerseys but didn't know they they customized them differently.

See that? Now THAT'S an Islanders jersey...and this is coming from a die-hard Rangers fan. Even I'd own that bad boy. That thing is awesome. One question though...is the crest crooked? It looks like the 'ISLANDERS' part is going up a little high on the right side. It's odd though because the 'NY' looks straight. Weird.

wow, it does actually. I'll have to go look at it again, maybe it was just the picture.

In all my years of owning it i never noticed lol..it does look crooked. Probably a manufacturers defect.

When comparing it to this crest it looks slightly off. If you look at the NY, like you mentioned, it looks good but the islanders does seem to slant. Thing is when you compare the two pictures side by side the letters are placed proportionally to the NY.

59251607NdbILr_fs.jpg2866305690102915794ATvHJb_ph.jpg

I picked up a used Rangers blue KOHO jersey which will be a Jozef Balej #20 in the future. It came without a lace in the neck, which I knew ahead of time, as I have enough tie neck jerseys, I can throw one in there from another if I want to, as it not a big deal, but is it possible to get another any where? I figure ill give CCM a ring, as they sell the blank jerseys with neck ties, but just kinda wondering.

Speaking of neck ties, I was going over getty images and found some pics of Marian Hossa from last season, and noticed he cut his tie and was wondering what you guys thought about doing that when I get his name put on the back? How say you?

73733496.jpg

can anyone find a picture of a Messier 1994 All-Star jersey or an all-star jersey from that year with the #1 on it?

Have you checked JeffB's collection? Safe bet that he might have something. Just click the link in his signature to check and see. I can't access webshots at work or I would try and help out.

Not here yet coz I just won this auction minutes ago.

Fair price I must say :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=011

10th Bourque (to be) in my collection

So just a guess, your favorite number for jerseys is 77 as you have stated, and you have a bunch of Bourque jerseys. Like I said, just a guess, but Ray Bourque was one of your favorite players.

So just a guess, your favorite number for jerseys is 77 as you have stated, and you have a bunch of Bourque jerseys. Like I said, just a guess, but Ray Bourque was one of your favorite players.

My first jersey was a Bruins Bourque replica and I was born '77 :D

They didn't wear ultrafil jerseys back then? I thought Boston was one of the teams that did. Even so, that's a beaut. Thanks.

I got my Leetch jersey back from customization today:

rkRangerscirca1994CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

kRangerscirca1994bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Excellent.

They didn't wear ultrafil jerseys back then? I thought Boston was one of the teams that did. Even so, that's a beaut. Thanks.

Yes, they had Ultrafil jerseys in season 89-90 as I just figured out. That means, I ain't gonna put the 1990 Stanley Cup patch on it unless I have proof that they wore airknit during the finals.

Nice Leetch jersey. :thumbsup:

I didn't think the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag was on the jerseys before 1991-92. Is that true? If so, then the one that you showed me would be from 1991-92 or onward.

Oooh you know what? I just checked out the Bourque jersey that the Meigray group has from the 1987-88 season and it's most definitely an air-knit jersey. Take a look. Looks like they did wear those back then. I think you'll be okay putting the '90 Cup patch on there.

I didn't think the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag was on the jerseys before 1991-92. Is that true? If so, then the one that you showed me would be from 1991-92 or onward.

I don't know. The The game worns don't seem to have that patch even after 91-92. BUT I just found pics of a game worn Bourque from 1990 SC finals and it's an airknit. :thumbsup: Now I can choose between 3 different patches they wore on the black and 4 different patches for the white jersey.

That's interesting. I see the Hodge 1990-91 jersey there is an air-knit also. I wonder why a team would wear two different types of jerseys in the same year.

That's interesting. I see the Hodge 1990-91 jersey there is an air-knit also. I wonder why a team would wear two different types of jerseys in the same year.

They never went back to ultrafil since then. But one thing I'm not sure about is the 95-96 jerseys. I have airknits home and away, but I think I´ve seen that in ultrafil too.

EDIT: Searching through my "photo archive" I found a 95-96 Neely jersey that is ultrafil (set2) which means that during that season the used 2 diferent materials for their jerseys...again.

Looks like a lot of teams had ultrafil jerseys during the 90's except for the teams that used mesh.

EDIT 2: Looks like they didnt' wear the All Star Patch the whole season. I found set1 and set2 Bruins gamers of the 95-96 season without the patch