It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does the 20 look a bit crooked, almost in a concave to anyone else?

That's probably just because it's hanging. The numbers can be ironed but don't forget to cover the numbers with a white cotton sheet or t-shirt before ironing :thumbsup:

What kind of nameplate material does IJ use on the edge jerseys?

Picked this up at the Blackhawks game last night. RBK Premier Replica. As you can see, I took the RBK tag off of the bottom hem. Anyway, I really like this jersey a lot and feel the Blackhawks Premiers are closer to the authentics than most others. Plus, the WWW Memorial patch really sets it off, in my opinion. The only things I dont like about it are the screen-printed shoulder patches. I plan on removing them though and replacing them with the real stitched ones.

NOTE - Even though I took the RBK tag off the bottom hem and plan on replacing the screen-printed shoulder patches with real ones, I would NEVER try to play this jersey off as an authentic. I just feel the jersey would look and feel better with these adjustments. Plus, I dont plan on selling this jersey anytime sooon anyway.

Anyway, here are the pics...

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

That's a nice looking Blackhawks jersey. The "A" and the memorial patch are just the way I like to see jerseys done up. Good choice to take off the size tag too. I hope the plan to replace the shoulder patches with embroidered ones works out. I had planned that with my All-star jersey from last year, but the shape of the patches was not the same and it scared me off from trying to remove the screened one since it was wider that it's planned replacement.

Picked this up at the Blackhawks game last night. RBK Premier Replica. As you can see, I took the RBK tag off of the bottom hem. Anyway, I really like this jersey a lot and feel the Blackhawks Premiers are closer to the authentics than most others. Plus, the WWW Memorial patch really sets it off, in my opinion. The only things I dont like about it are the screen-printed shoulder patches. I plan on removing them though and replacing them with the real stitched ones.

NOTE - Even though I took the RBK tag off the bottom hem and plan on replacing the screen-printed shoulder patches with real ones, I would NEVER try to play this jersey off as an authentic. I just feel the jersey would look and feel better with these adjustments. Plus, I dont plan on selling this jersey anytime sooon anyway.

Anyway, here are the pics...

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

I did the same thing with my replica Kings jersey, I took off the tag and will replace the shoulder patches with the real ones that I got off ebay.

Even though I'm a Wings fan, I've always loved the Blackhawks jersey. That's a sweet pick up.

Had these two arrive today.

1st is my 2004 Eastern All-Star Jersey that I had Kovalchuk and the Thrashers and Dan Snyder Memorial Patch added to.

2530902520101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

2413067410101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

2331575000101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

2nd is my wife's Idaho Steelheads jersey. D'arcy McConvey doesn't play for the team anymore, but he is still her favorite Steelhead, so figured I would surprise her and have the jersey customized. Due to her having another Steelheads jersey she didn't even realize it was gone until today.

2607031240101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

2853061720101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

Did you buy that All-Star jersey already customized? I'm wondering where I can find those teams patches for the All-Star jerseys since I'd like to add some to the ones I have. I love that Snyder patch too. Where'd you find that?

Did you buy that All-Star jersey already customized? I'm wondering where I can find those teams patches for the All-Star jerseys since I'd like to add some to the ones I have. I love that Snyder patch too. Where'd you find that?

The jersey was blank, I got both patches from ebay. Then sent it to icejerseys and had them do the numbering, lettering, and patchwork.

Nice Zednik Desert.

Also really loving that Toews jersey, the patches on it just make it that much better than a normal Blackhawks jersey.

Something I just noticed, not quite sure how I feel about it yet. The letters on the Kovalchuk were sewn directly onto the jersey as opposed to a nameplate. From the pictures I saw of the jersey I am pretty sure that the 04 All-Star jerseys were on a nameplate.

Strange that it would have been done this way. Also not sure how easy it would be to repair.

Newest one for my collection

CCM Vintage Maple Leafs Tim Horton

Tim Horton?

Simpsons_Donuts-01.jpg

Great jersey!

Heh...that was the first thing that came to my mind too when I saw that Horton jersey. Still, it's a beauty.

I put the NHL 2000 patch on my Predators jersey tonight. It came out pretty good. Probably the best one I've done so far.

Predatorscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The bad news is that I've officially run out of jerseys to put NHL 2000 patches on so it might be time to move on to bigger and harder patches.

Heh...that was the first thing that came to my mind too when I saw that Horton jersey. Still, it's a beauty.

I put the NHL 2000 patch on my Predators jersey tonight. It came out pretty good. Probably the best one I've done so far.

Predatorscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The bad news is that I've officially run out of jerseys to put NHL 2000 patches on so it might be time to move on to bigger and harder patches.

Hehe, I'm awaiting a red Pro Player Flames and a black CCM Flyers that I need to add the NHL 2000 patch to.

That's probably just because it's hanging. The numbers can be ironed but don't forget to cover the numbers with a white cotton sheet or t-shirt before ironing :thumbsup:

What kind of nameplate material does IJ use on the edge jerseys?

Yes, JAV, you are correct, the Zednik jersey is hanging, that's why distortion is seen.

The nameplate is on a fabric that looks very close to the reebok material. There was an Exclusive Pro Jerseys tag included on the plastic hanging tag thingy.

Newly customized from IJ. They made a mistake on the All-star forgetting the C but i'll just bring it in with a few more i need done.

2844003550102915794S500x500Q85.jpg

2859563130102915794S500x500Q85.jpg

2600802740102915794S500x500Q85.jpg

Was the Kings jersey customized too? Because judging by the 25th anny patch, it looks like that was already sewn on when you bought the jersey.

Was the Kings jersey customized too? Because judging by the 25th anny patch, it looks like that was already sewn on when you bought the jersey.

nope both were blank when i bought them off ebay and both were completely customized at icejerseys. I bought the 25th anniversary patch from rivercitysports.

Ooooh okay, that explains it. Their glue backings are a lot softer and more forgiving than others. That's why the patch looks so naturally curled into the shoulder like that. Regardless though, that's a good looking jersey.

Very nice jerseys especially the All Star jersey. The 25th patch on the Kings jersey seems to be the same as mine. It's a replica patch and the white border at the tip of the "2" is cut out (difficult to describe that). Here's a reference pic http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/...92KurriRfrt.JPG

But the sleeve numbers and the name on your jersey need a makeover.

2920647270054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

This is what I just made for my Canadiens Vintage jersey. What do you guys think? I'm assuming that they have used the Maple Leafs' number font for this one.

2290360690054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

Nameplate looks weird because it has a stitched border.

Very nice jerseys especially the All Star jersey. The 25th patch on the Kings jersey seems to be the same as mine. It's a replica patch and the white border at the tip of the "2" is cut out (difficult to describe that). Here's a reference pic http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/...92KurriRfrt.JPG

But the sleeve numbers and the name on your jersey need a makeover.

2920647270054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

This is what I just made for my Canadiens Vintage jersey. What do you guys think? I'm assuming that they have used the Maple Leafs' number font for this one.

2290360690054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

Nameplate looks weird because it has a stitched border.

if that's the case with the Kings jersey i am sending it back because IJ just finished with it last week.