It arrived today

lafountain

Heh...that was the first thing that came to my mind too when I saw that Horton jersey. Still, it's a beauty.

I gotta be honest: I did, too. :) Good for a breakfast stop on occasion (though we're not nearly as nutzo in MI as Canadians seem to be).

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that is sweet. You do some beautiful work brother. A question though...were all the vintage CCM hemline tags just a piece that was sewn on? My Rangers vintage has the same deal where it's just a piece that was previously embroidered that got sewn onto the hem. The old CCM logos were stitched directly into the hemline but these aren't. I'm guessing it's because the jerseys of that time didn't have the tag on the hem but I just want to be sure.

Man, that is sweet. You do some beautiful work brother. A question though...were all the vintage CCM hemline tags just a piece that was sewn on? My Rangers vintage has the same deal where it's just a piece that was previously embroidered that got sewn onto the hem. The old CCM logos were stitched directly into the hemline but these aren't. I'm guessing it's because the jerseys of that time didn't have the tag on the hem but I just want to be sure.

Yes, the CCM Logo is a sewn on patch, also on my Rangers jersey and a Bruins jersey I once had. I don't know why the made it that way.

Well they do look like the CCM patches worn on the jersey necks from that time so my guess would be rather than reproducing a line with the hem addition, they just went ahead and made the patches to put on instead of on the back collar.

Well they do look like the CCM patches worn on the jersey necks from that time so my guess would be rather than reproducing a line with the hem addition, they just went ahead and made the patches to put on instead of on the back collar.

They should have gone back to the original cut and material on all of the X-Theme jerseys. That yould have been very awesome.

Again, beautiful, beautiful jersey.

I had two arrive today. One was purchased, the other was out for patching.

Kings 20th anny patch:

LosAngelesKings20thanniversary-vi.jpg

Had the Memorial Cup patch sewn onto my Knights jersey:

nKnightscirca2005Reebokreplica-vi.jpg

It's a little crooked but it's a replica jersey so I'm not that distraught. It still looks awesome.

Hey all! I am a newbie to the IceJersey forums even though I have lurked the IceJerseys website for years. Slowly but surely I will begin to post pictures of my jerseys (my few jerseys), even though I don't know much about photography, or how to properly fold a jersey, which allows it to appear better on picture.

Just wanted to say hi!

~cl525

I don't know much about photography, or how to properly fold a jersey, which allows it to appear better on picture.

Just wanted to say hi!

~cl525

Welcome to the boards :thumbsup:

I think, we don't know much about photography either but maybe you can get ideas from my album (link below) or even better: Check out JeffB's webshots album for better pictures. I started a thread about taking picture of jerseys but unfortunately there's nothing going on in there... http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1018

Welcome to the boards :thumbsup:

I think, we don't know much about photography either but maybe you can get ideas from my album (link below) or even better: Check out JeffB's webshots album for better pictures. I started a thread about taking picture of jerseys but unfortunately there's nothing going on in there... http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1018

Hi Victim.....i was looking in your picture album.....i have a question about those L.A Kings Gretzky jerseys........the double CCM on the back.....???.......I belived those were only made for Gretzky himself and not for sale.... .guess i was wrong or what?......tell me brother.... B)

Hi Victim.....i was looking in your picture album.....i have a question about those L.A Kings Gretzky jerseys........the double CCM on the back.....???.......I belived those were only made for Gretzky himself and not for sale.... .guess i was wrong or what?......tell me brother.... B)

As far as I know, they were sold to the public but only customised with #99. The black one is from the CCM Vintage Line that I bought blank.

I have my aunt sew all my patches onto my jerseys (she gets the best Christmas presents from me). She recently learned how to embroider clothing as well. When she gets good enough in a few months, I may let her try her hand at adding a 2nd CCM/NHL logo on the back of my Kings jersey, as well as my Rangers starter white liberty Gretzky jersey. I'll need to see a few practice runs first.

I have my aunt sew all my patches onto my jerseys (she gets the best Christmas presents from me). She recently learned how to embroider clothing as well. When she gets good enough in a few months, I may let her try her hand at adding a 2nd CCM/NHL logo on the back of my Kings jersey, as well as my Rangers starter white liberty Gretzky jersey. I'll need to see a few practice runs first.

Dude, if you live in the USA or Canada, then you should have that job done professionally. For real! :thumbsup:

Dude, if you live in the USA or Canada, then you should have that job done professionally. For real! :thumbsup:

I really think that is the route I would go if a test run on another piece of material looks bad. Do you know how much it may cost? It's awesome that you actually customize your own jerseys, but can you embroider, too. You should totally pimp out your services for us!!

While it didn't arrive today, I had to go get it but the holy grail that I was missing in my collection is now part of it. I finally got my hands on a 2000-2001 Portland Winter Hawks Saturday Alternate jersey. Its a game worn Jesse Ferguson jersey, which while not my first choice, on a team with Marcel Hossa, Paul Gaustad, and Jozef Balej, I'm more than happy to have it. I'll hopefully get my hands on a blank at another time and do one of those three. Its shows great game wear, with stick marks, lots of board burns for only being worn 8 times max. I also updated my webshots with most of the jerseys I've picked up while at school with the exception sharks 3rd jersey and a penguins edge are both at my apartment to be worn during the playoffs.

2001199110034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

2201370480034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

2811074420034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

2389548010034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh wow that's sweet. Nice wear on the sleeve there. Those old CHL Nike ultrafils are pretty wild. I have a Soo Greyhounds one but it's nothing compared to that. The 25th patches on the shoulders are awesome. I initially thought it was a Frolunda jersey when I first scrolled down and came back up on that bottom picture.