NHL Team Customizers

Is there anywhere out there, a list of the companies that different NHL teams use for customization for on-ice jerseys?

I specifically want to know the Flyers, but if there is a resource with all of them that'd be great and maybe more useful to the general group of members who check this post.

TIA.

Boston Bruins - Custom Crafted

Carolina Hurricanes - Exclusive Pro Sports

Chicago Blackhawks - City Sports Lettering

Colorado Avalanche - Denver Athletic

Detroit Red Wings - Sportshaven Pro Shop

New Jersey Devils - Exclusive Pro Sports

Philadelphia Flyers - Ruberti’s All Sports Lettering and Screen Printing Inc

Phoenix Coyotes - Artcraft Sports

Pittsburgh Penguins - Cutting Edge Sports

Tampa Bay Lightning - Cutting Edge sports

Washington Capitals - Exclusive Pro Sports

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know the Rangers still use Gerry Cosby's for their customization.

However my experience is that their quality control on customization done for retail sale can be hit or miss and they are quite expensive. Personally I'd recommend someone looking to get a Rangers jersey done to go with someplace like IJ or EPS.

The Lightning use Cutting Edge as well. Also, I'm pretty sure the Wings use Sportshaven out of Michigan(obviously). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there though. That's what the stamp says inside my 2009 Cup gamer.

The Lightning use Cutting Edge as well. Also, I'm pretty sure the Wings use Sportshaven out of Michigan(obviously). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there though. That's what the stamp says inside my 2009 Cup gamer.

Mike - you'd know better than me, who do the Rangers use currently? From my research Cosby's did it up until '96-97 but some said they picked it back up at some point, like '98-99 or '99-00. The latest online where I've found someone claiming Cosby's still did the Rangers was in 2006.

Mike - you'd know better than me, who do the Rangers use currently? From my research Cosby's did it up until '96-97 but some said they picked it back up at some point, like '98-99 or '99-00. The latest online where I've found someone claiming Cosby's still did the Rangers was in 2006.

To be honest, I have no idea. There's no custom stamp in any of my gamers from 2005-06 and beyond. Just the MeiGray tags. I would assume that Cosby's still does them but I don't know for sure.

I'm about 99% sure the Blackhawks still use City Sports Lettering in Chicago. That's what all the people on Blackhawks message boards seem to think, at least.

Anyone else find it funny that a team in Newark, New Jersey, a team in Raleigh, North Carolina, and a team in Washington DC all use a company in Rockford, Illinois to customize the jerseys for their team? Nothing wrong with it, just think it is kind of funny.

I'm about 99% sure the Blackhawks still use City Sports Lettering in Chicago. That's what all the people on Blackhawks message boards seem to think, at least.

I had one done by them when they were located in Palos Park. Now they are in Oak Forest. They used to have a website but I can't seem to find it anymore. Just received a Winter Classic Replica that I'm going to have done by them..... as soon as I figure out who to put on it. Thinking about Duncan Keith

Anyone else find it funny that a team in Newark, New Jersey, a team in Raleigh, North Carolina, and a team in Washington DC all use a company in Rockford, Illinois to customize the jerseys for their team? Nothing wrong with it, just think it is kind of funny.

Yeah I wonder how that came to be.

Do the Blackhawks still use City Sports Lettering in Chicago?

Yes, they do. As their letterhead states, they are the "Official lettering supplier to the Chicago Blackhawks." HawkQuarters/The Blackhawks Store also sends all customization orders to them to be done. CSL doesn't have a website now though. They are not too far from where I live and my family and I get all our current Hawks jerseys done there.

Skates94 - Keith would be an awesome choice. Solid player and having the three color leter on the front of the sweater looks sharp.

When did the Caps switch from Cutting Edge to EPS? Was it when the league switched to EDGE, or more recently? I'm not going to dispute that EPS does the work now, especially when they themselves have said so, but I've seen plenty of gamers with Cutting Edge tagging, but have never seen one with EPS.

When did the Caps switch from Cutting Edge to EPS? Was it when the league switched to EDGE, or more recently? I'm not going to dispute that EPS does the work now, especially when they themselves have said so, but I've seen plenty of gamers with Cutting Edge tagging, but have never seen one with EPS.

I know when they switched to the EDGE cut that they were using EPS, as I did a preorder for a Replica version of the Capitals jersey through the Capitals site they sent it to EPS. Recently when I asked EPS about having the Captains C added this is what they told me.

We do all of the Caps jerseys for the team ON ICE and the stadium pro shop, so you will get the exact same stuff the team gets.

Caps went from Cutting Edge to EPS after 07-08.

Bad news for Flyers jersey collectors. Called Ruberti's and they state that the Flyers are responsible for the nameplates. They just sew them on. So the only thing they are providing are the numbers. You can pretty much get the numbers anywhere its the nameplate material and correct font that is impossible to find at least for the orange alt jersey 02-07 and the current black jersey Edge or 6100 cuts. Also having trouble finding correct nameplates for the new orange jerseys.

• 1 month later...

Pens use Cutting Edge Sports

IMG_8490.jpg

Thanks for posting this info. I've been looking for their contact info. Anyone happen to have one of their order forms?

• 2 months later...

Anyone know does the Buffalo Sabres jerseys?

Anyone know does the Buffalo Sabres jerseys?

i want to say all ross, but im not 100% certain

http://www.alross.com/

from what ive been told, they do all of the custom work on the jerseys sold in the sabres store, so perhaps they do the gamers as well.

I was told Philly Express does the Flyers' jerseys now...took over this season. May be wrong though....when I called they claimed it at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know who does the gamers for the Atlanta Thrashers or where I can get mine done with accurate fonts and numbers?

Caps went from Cutting Edge to EPS after 07-08.

Wow, I didn't know that. Also, I just found out that IJ lets EPS do all their Authentic Customization. When I sent them my Caps jerseys last month and got the first one back last week and the return address was Exclusive Pro Sports. Pleasantly surprised to hear that the customization on my Backstrom jersey is the same as the pro's.

Wow, I didn't know that. Also, I just found out that IJ lets EPS do all their Authentic Customization. When I sent them my Caps jerseys last month and got the first one back last week and the return address was Exclusive Pro Sports. Pleasantly surprised to hear that the customization on my Backstrom jersey is the same as the pro's.

I don't know if all of IJ's work is EPS. I believe CryWolf said they use a couple of different places (one obviously being EPS). I also know at one point IJ was looking to do some customization inhouse - I don't know if that ever happened though.

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic