NHL Team Customizers

My buddy walked down to Cutting Edge Sports in Woburn today to pick up a few things and found this sign on the door:

"THIS BUSINESS HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO COURT ORDER. PLEASE CONTACT ATTORNEY ________ FOR MORE INFORMATION"

So it looks like the Penguins are going to be stuck with the same sweaters the whole playoffs.

His jerseys must stayed with them?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy walked down to Cutting Edge Sports in Woburn today to pick up a few things and found this sign on the door:

"THIS BUSINESS HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO COURT ORDER. PLEASE CONTACT ATTORNEY ________ FOR MORE INFORMATION"

So it looks like the Penguins are going to be stuck with the same sweaters the whole playoffs.

Yeesh, that is some bad news for a couple of different teams (and for us!). Makes you wonder what happened...

Yeesh, that is some bad news for a couple of different teams (and for us!). Makes you wonder what happened...

Can't teams switch jersey customizers during the playoffs or do they have to wait till the playoffs end?

I just got a Kings jersey done by Cutting Edge. My wife dropped it off and was given a tour of the shop. They had all kinds off Penguins name plates ready to be sewn onto jerseys. I assume those were for the playoff sweaters.

My jersey came in the mail last thursday so I assume I got in under the wire just before they were shut down.

It's a shame. They did a real nice job on my jersey and were fairly close to me.

Too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just got two jerseys back from there not too long ago and was getting ready to send two more out. Thanks for the heads up!

Sooooo glad I didn't send in my robo 3rd. I'd kill to get it back :fight:

I don't know if this is the right topics to post in, but does Blue Line Sports in the Coquitlam Centre mall customizes jersey with the right Edge materials.

Edit: I forgot to mention it's in BC, Canada if anyone asks.

hey guys.

This is my first post obviously.

I never realized how big of a deal jerseys in general were.

I was curious if anyone knew if Custom Crafted in Attleboro allowed simple walk-ins? I live like a half hour away and was thinking of taking my Bruins Home and WC jerseys up there, also looking at getting 3rd alt to bring up there.

I know I saw in another thread that Hockey Monkey has been doing the Duck's jersey this season. My question is, should I go straight to them to have them do my third color jersey or should I take it to the Ponda shop and have them do it? Any feedback would be great!

That was my lupul you saw with the monkey sports customization.

Were you looking to get on ice embroidery or heat pressed? The team store is very lazy and only heat presses kits onto jerseys so I would never get a jersey done there.

I was told monkey sports does kits for 100, but keep in mind that the ducks use subslistitch, so check and see if MS does sublistitch for customers instead of triple layer. So if you want a sublistitch kit, it's either MS, or a select few places that do sublistitch.

Oh by the way the team store charges up the Arse. It's very clean work but it's still heat press..

Just an update to this - I called Cutting Edge today and they are back up and running (though for slim hours: 10-2 on weekdays). The woman I spoke with on the phone said that they aren't doing the on-ice jerseys for Tampa Bay any longer, which may also mean that they aren't doing the Penguins' jerseys either (though I didn't ask about the Pens jerseys). But from what I've gathered, they seem like they still have the resources to do lettering for those teams' jerseys.

That's what we need more B's fans. :P

Once Boston eliminates Philly you may see fans that didn't know they were fans :P

Thanks for the welcome.

Just ordered a blank Premier 3rd Jersey from NHL.com(Edge/Authentics are so expensive..).

I'm thinking of bringing my Home Jersey up to Custom Crafted probably Next week. Get Lucic on it. Once the third arrives have Thomas on that. Not sure what to have done on my WC, was thinking Bergeron.

That was my lupul you saw with the monkey sports customization.

Were you looking to get on ice embroidery or heat pressed? The team store is very lazy and only heat presses kits onto jerseys so I would never get a jersey done there.

I was told monkey sports does kits for 100, but keep in mind that the ducks use subslistitch, so check and see if MS does sublistitch for customers instead of triple layer. So if you want a sublistitch kit, it's either MS, or a select few places that do sublistitch.

Oh by the way the team store charges up the Arse. It's very clean work but it's still heat press..

Thanks for responding! I'm just getting really confused by so many different sources specifically to the Ducks jerseys. Here I've been told they use that new sublistitch. Hockey Tron over in Los Alamitos (assuming you're from Southern California) said that the Ducks are still using Stahl. If I'm gonna be spending the money on an Edge Authentic, I would much rather spend the money to make it as on ice authentic as possible. And I haven't had the chance to see the back of the third jersey on anyone up close so your help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm assuming they use sublistitch for the thirds based in the fact that they have used sublistitch on the home/away since 07-08. I have a set 5 gamer from that year and it's sublistich. So id be surprised to see them go back to triple layer after switching to sublistitch 4 years ago.

But stalhs still sells triple layer loose kits for all three jerseys. That's probably why people get confused.

I'm pretty sure the lettering kit for the home and third are the same

I'm assuming they use sublistitch for the thirds based in the fact that they have used sublistitch on the home/away since 07-08. I have a set 5 gamer from that year and it's sublistich. So id be surprised to see them go back to triple layer after switching to sublistitch 4 years ago.

I have a 2009-10 Ducks Eminger gamer that is triple layer twill. I believe Brilliant's 2010-11 Ducks Paul Mara gamer is the same way.

Man the ducks are everywhere with their equipment. They seem to recycle everthing. I can't even imagine what equipment room looks like. They probably still have kariya jerseys laying around

Made a stop over at Monkey Sports today. All they could tell me was they acquired the Ducks account at the beginning of the playoffs. Wouldn't tell me what process they used other than they charge $100 and it'll get shipped to their warehouse for processing. So lost in what to do lol.

Edited by Mr. Grey

I doubt it. That's something that might be reserved only for the on-ice stuff. The Ducks are currently using semi-kiss-cut numbers and letters right now though. Air-knit plates too rather than EDGE.

Thanks for all the info. When I got my first gamer I was confused on the lettering and wasn't sure if my triple layer kits where a foul on the current jerseys. And it also makes sense why the gold in the name looks thicker than some. I've also noticed they have different sized crests.

For example:

ea0a9888.jpg

Once Boston eliminates Philly you may see fans that didn't know they were fans :P

Thanks for the welcome.

Just ordered a blank Premier 3rd Jersey from NHL.com(Edge/Authentics are so expensive..).

I'm thinking of bringing my Home Jersey up to Custom Crafted probably Next week. Get Lucic on it. Once the third arrives have Thomas on that. Not sure what to have done on my WC, was thinking Bergeron.

Can you do me a favor and ask if the sell lose lettering kits for Bruins jerseys?

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic