EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a s*** load of ######!

Long time lurker and first time poster!

Was typing in random things in ebay and came across this: http://tiny.cc/lodrr . What is up with the Phillips shield?! And that price??

Sup Lurker! decided to come out of the shadows huh??

Well I consider myself to be the self proclaimed resident/in-house Hockey card expert.

Now both card are VERY RARE from a VERY limited edition product - The Cup. Both are 1 of 1. only ones in the world which is why the price is so high.

As for the shields? easy.

One is a Rbk edge shield from the front collar of the jersey.

One is a CCM Shield from the bottom back hem of the jersey.

That's it.

Sup Lurker! decided to come out of the shadows huh??

Well I consider myself to be the self proclaimed resident/in-house Hockey card expert.

Now both card are VERY RARE from a VERY limited edition product - The Cup. Both are 1 of 1. only ones in the world which is why the price is so high.

As for the shields? easy.

One is a Rbk edge shield from the front collar of the jersey.

One is a CCM Shield from the bottom back hem of the jersey.

That's it.

Haha thanks for the clarification! I'm so used to seeing the newer jerseys that the Phillips threw me for a loop!

I F(&^*** hate card companies. They are part of why this hobby is slowly going down the toilet.

I don't like the new stuff. I have a bunch of newish stuff I have cherry picked but i would trade them all for a nice Orr rookie.

Anything OPC 88 and below :thumbsup:.

Well, you can now. They're being sold in the pro style BUT that one there is an awful fake.

Seriously how can anyone look at that crinkly bubbly material on the numbers/crest and for a second think that it's twill ...

does this look like a replica with a fight strap sewn in to anyone else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-JERSEY-SZ-54-/120640262699?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c16b8522b

Call me crazy but that actually looks like it might be a goalie cut jersey. Look how fat the arms are. The little fly tag in the collar means it's definitely not a replica. The fight strap looks okay too. That might be a diamond in the rough.

The crest looks good and centered. Normally the fakes look terrible/shiny/discolored. It looks like the older style, Maska? Looks good to me.

the shoulders and crest don't have chain stitching. and if you look at the crests on the older airknit replicas and ultrafil authentics side by side you can see a huge difference, and I'm 99.9% sure that's a replica.

the shoulders and crest don't have chain stitching. and if you look at the crests on the older airknit replicas and ultrafil authentics side by side you can see a huge difference, and I'm 99.9% sure that's a replica.

I agree with Brilliant....you can see the double elbows and the reinforced stitching on the seams on the sides - definitely not a replica. Probably a blank authentic with the crest/patches added after.

I'd stay clear of this guy anyway as he also has some fakes up for sale.

What are your concerns? Unless I'm missing something, it seems like he's selling legit Premier replicas.

It's a stock photo, but it is of a replica. He mentions the features consistent with a Premier replica. The price is within the norm ($119 is the MSRP for a blank Premier replica, but many sites sell for around $100). He's even offering fairly cheap shipping considering he's in Toronto (I've paid much more from Canadian sellers to ship to the US).

I could potentially see confusion if someone thinks his statement about them being perfect to customize as your favorite player - as I read it he's not saying they are customized jerseys (which would raise a red flag for $100).

I was just going through his store and saw that a few of his jerseys said replica in the title and others (like the sabres one) said Authentic. I posted this up and ended up going back and reading the description and came to the same conclusion you did. He must mean "not Chinese" by "authentic". Thanks for the feeback akteon

That's the way it looks to me. No chain stitching and the tomahawks are the replica shape.

does this look like a replica with a fight strap sewn in to anyone else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-JERSEY-SZ-54-/120640262699?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c16b8522b

I was just going through his store and saw that a few of his jerseys said replica in the title and others (like the sabres one) said Authentic. I posted this up and ended up going back and reading the description and came to the same conclusion you did. He must mean "not Chinese" by "authentic". Thanks for the feeback akteon

Yeh it can get confusing. I personally don't expect a seller or retailer's idea of "authentic" to always mean what it does to us collectors. That's why I think it's good to just focus on the features of an authentic jersey versus a replica when looking at an auction.