EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bud. I don't mind if it's a replica :) I will get it lettered with Green 52 me thinks...

That's a mid-90s replica and Mike Green sucks. You can find a CCM 550 replica for less than half that and get it lettered with a better player.

What do you think? Real or fake? I'm thinking real but the crinkling of the back number is throwing me off. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130448541415&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Everything looks right, just a RBK 6100 it seems. The customization looks shiny, but the fight strap looks to have the correct attachment. It does list the size questionably though, sz 48 in the grid, sz 52 in pics and description.

That one looks good. The strap is good and the Reebok tag is sewn into the collar the RIGHT way. The kit is fine. That shine shows up on the front crest too. It's probably just the camera.

not hockey, but can you tell me what is the deal with private auctions like this, where items are sold for 1 dollar and only one person is allowed to bid?

ebay

$175 shipping.

What do you think? Real or fake? I'm thinking real but the crinkling of the back number is throwing me off. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130448541415&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Looks good. It has double elbows and the NHL logo on the back is correct

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CCM-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-WHITE-JERSEY-M-/400064242956?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d25afe50c

This guy has a ton of stuff all in the $40 range. Hard to tell some some photos but has good feedback, legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CCM-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-WHITE-JERSEY-M-/400064242956?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d25afe50c

This guy has a ton of stuff all in the $40 range. Hard to tell some some photos but has good feedback, legit?

From what i know that guy is Legit

Yeah. I think I'm going to get a Caps premier and CCM from him. At $39.99 and $34.99 respectively, you really can't go wrong.

Just sent the guy a message about it and his reply all came back in broken english.

Did he use all-caps too, like in the auction listing?

THIS JERSEY IS USED. I USED THEM LIKE THREE TO FOUR TIME TO WASHINGTON CAPITALS HOCKEY GAME IN 1993. THIS JERSEY WAS IN STORAGE AFTER I GET BIGGER. I DECIDE TO SELL THIS. NO HOLE NO STRATCH. IT IS GREAT JERSEY.

Did he use all-caps too, like in the auction listing?

THIS JERSEY IS USED. I USED THEM LIKE THREE TO FOUR TIME TO WASHINGTON CAPITALS HOCKEY GAME IN 1993. THIS JERSEY WAS IN STORAGE AFTER I GET BIGGER. I DECIDE TO SELL THIS. NO HOLE NO STRATCH. IT IS GREAT JERSEY.

Thank you for calling USA Prime Credit, my name is Peggy, you got problem?

Thank you for calling USA Prime Credit, my name is Peggy, you got problem?

Guam, all I can see is your profile pic telling me that your name is Peggy. That makes me laugh.

not hockey, but can you tell me what is the deal with private auctions like this, where items are sold for 1 dollar and only one person is allowed to bid?

ebay

What happens is that when selling on ebay, a member will contact you with an offer for the item if you're willing to end the auction early. You'll then set up a "private auction," stating that the person making the offer is the only one that can bid, and they put the cost of the item into the shipping. This way, the buyer gets ebay protection in case things go south with the sale, and ebay doesn't take their cut from the shipping charges, so the seller makes more money.

What happens is that when selling on ebay, a member will contact you with an offer for the item if you're willing to end the auction early. You'll then set up a "private auction," stating that the person making the offer is the only one that can bid, and they put the cost of the item into the shipping. This way, the buyer gets ebay protection in case things go south with the sale, and ebay doesn't take their cut from the shipping charges, so the seller makes more money.

thanks for the info.. :thumbsup: .....but if the item don´t show up you have a problem, is that not right? ebay will think it is strange, like i did.

thanks for the info.. :thumbsup: .....but if the item don´t show up you have a problem, is that not right? ebay will think it is strange, like i did.

I really don't know what ebay would do if you have an issue with the sale. I'm assuming they'd probably still side with the buyer, and stick it to the seller, possibly suspending the account.