It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

HA! I remember hearing Doug Wright too.

Just to follow up here with this Oilers jersey, it is HAMMERED with at least a dozen repairs on the arms and body:

DSC07019-vi.jpg

DSC07016-vi.jpg

It also looks like the A was hand-stitched on:

DSC07017-vi.jpg

Outstanding.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Weight sweater - love the repairs! You just don't see jerseys like that these days -

Got this badboy for a mere 25$, even though they're having a miserable season I still love them Oilers.
The only question I got for you guys is, when did the team wore this jersey?

Some of my friends are saying 2000-2001, but others are telling me it's from 1996-1998...
(I did my research, nothing really relevant.)

May you people have a nice day.

wl9f.jpg

It's a replica from the late 90's.

Thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it a lot.

Edited by MrGreencity

Got this badboy for a mere 25$, even though they're having a miserable season I still love them Oilers.

Some of my friends are saying 2000-2001, but others are telling me it's from 1996-1998...

(I did my research, nothing really relevant.)

May you people have a nice day.

http://nhluniforms.com/Oilers/Oilers.html

Thank you IIHFJerseyCollector, it shall be an useful ressource for me.

Just a couple of new Kings Set 1 Jerseys that came in last week from MeiGray.

Jarret Stoll 2013-2014 Home Set 1

IMG_20140127_055030_zpsbb998b2d.jpg

IMG_20140127_060131_zpsbaa1d8d6.jpg

There is a huge repair on the back, which hopefully I can use to photomatch

IMG_20140126_225227_zps2e6527b4.jpg

Willie Mitchell 2013-2014 Home Set 1

IMG_20140126_223635_zps11e12908.jpg

IMG_20140126_224220_zpsf9ee6ef2.jpg

There are tons and tons of repairs on the sleeves, but I'm not too confident that I'll be able to find any definitive match, but we'll see.

Some of the confusion amongst your friends may be due to a question of exactly what you mean by "when the team wore the jersey" and how specific you want to get regarding the jersey design and branding. Also, the fact that your jersey is a replica (not exactly like the game used jerseys) also muddies the water a bit. In a loose sense, that basic color scheme was used by the Oilers from 1997-2007. If you want to consider only CCM brand jerseys, you can throw out 1999 (which was Pro Player) and 2005-07 (Reebok). They did use CCM again from 2000-04, but there is a slight difference in that the CCM hem logo appears under the back collar, and not on the back hem, as in the late 1990's. Now if you want to know when your partucular jersey was actually manufactured, you can tell from the neck tag style and hem logo that it was made in the late 1990's, like OR68 said, but it's difficult to be more specific than that.

Thefizzle656, nice Kings!!!

Very nice. I might be a minority, but I liked those Sabres jerseys.

Wait...what the hell is going on in that thing? It looks like an NFL lineman's jersey with the clasp in there. Explanation!

Some of those prices were pretty good in that auction. The lineup was pretty scrubby though. The only real names were Bobby Ryan, TJ Oshie, Cory Schneider and one or two others. Also, heat-pressed crap. That plus Swift equates to poop.

FWIW, having seen one up close, they're actually pretty cool. The weird girdle thing plus the material makes it neat. Though it is similar to swift, it is not the same - at least in the way that I picture swift. It's actually more of a stretchy material than the flimsy swift I'm used to.

this one came in today Brian Lee 2006 IIHF World Junior Championship

image_zps018e4e1b.jpg

Does anyone know what the story is behind these straps? A friend got Jack Johnson's jersey (the jersey Wooten is talking about above) and it has the same thing.

Thefizzle656, nice Kings!!!

Like those Kings jerseys!

Thanks! I know that I'm in the minority of Kings fans but I like the current home jerseys. I do need to add an away jersey as well, and of course a game-worn Purple Vintage.

^ An excellent example of what the lettering should look like, in response to this post from earlier today:

Love that Roy and thanks :) Now I know what to look for on evilbay. Where did you get that jersey?