It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Nice you guys are quick with those. Gotta love Archer tho he even has the mustache.

You should have put "Nailed it" after it

Nice Benoit. I like him. I think he has been a good pickup for the Avs.

Thanks. I'm glad they picked him up too. He spent some time here in Binghamton and I liked him when he played here

Benoit 1st Avs goal = Very cool. Looks good. Love the "Benoit Balls" addition too, Matt. I think of that every time I see him play & hear the McNab or Haynes call his name.

Very nice. I was so bummed when he got injured right before the game here in Buffalo. I doubt I'll see him play again and probably won't ever get the chance to meet him.

a real cheap find on ebay not even sure who wore #9 when they had starter jerseys

207_zps230f910c.jpg

206_zpsbb39402c.jpg

A few pick ups from a member

Selanne all star

208_zps6155b1d7.jpg

209_zpsba13636d.jpg

210_zps1d8bc9f5.jpg

A Flyers Third not sure who to put on this one ????

212_zpsbbf364f5.jpg

a real cheap find on ebay not even sure who wore #9 when they had starter jerseys

A Flyers Third not sure who to put on this one ????

Avs wore the Starter (with that Starter logo) in 1997-98 and 1998-99.

Quick look at hockeydb.com shows no one wore #9 in either year.

1997-98: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0006901998.html

1998-99: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0006901999.html

As for the Flyers third, there's lots of great options there. 2005-06 or 2006-07 season.

- Richards, Carter, Umberger rookies

- Gagne

- Forsberg

- Desjardins

- Sharp (right before the trade... boo)

- Kapanen

- Still lots more... considering the 2006-07 was so horrible, haha.

Mike Ricci wore #9, just for a few games.

Yea, actually that does look to be correct. There was no number listed next to him on the 1997-98 roster, but I looked back at 1996-97 and he wore #9 then. So for the 6 games he played in 1997-98, you could do it up as a Ricci cowboys!

Great choices I have a Carter already that is a little small so he maybe my Fav or the Sharp

I will get a name plate for Ricci he was drafted buy the flyers

Picked up a few game worns from the latest WHJ sale on eBay

Armenia GW - These guys won't be competing in the IIHF anytime soon after they got banned for using illegal players multiple times

P1010792-vi.jpg

P1010793-vi.jpg

Armenia GW - I have the matching red on for this one

P1010794-vi.jpg

P1010795-vi.jpg

Spain GW

P1010796-vi.jpg

P1010798-vi.jpg

Romania GW - beat to crap and laughably ugly. One of my new favourites!

P1010799-vi.jpg

P1010800-vi.jpg

Anthony Mantha U18 WJC from 2011-12

P1010801-vi.jpg

P1010802-vi.jpg

True, but those numbers are pretty bad. I say strip it and start fresh with your choice.

Talk about a goon squad! A little detail on each:

The Canadiens Chris Nilan was worn in the 2nd half of 1985-86. Maybe the playoffs too but I can't be sure about that. As you can see, it's covered with blood stains but also loaded with stick marks.

The Nordiques Tony Twist I think is a recycled jersey since it has no shield and he didn't start playing in Quebec until 1990-91. The fight strap was customized to his usual skate-lace design though and the right sleeve is cut as well.

The Blues Kelly Chase has the arm inserts sewn into the sleeves to give him more mobility and has the fight strap cut out. The tagging on the inside says it's from 1993-94. I find it interesting that it also has the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag in the collar. I'm wondering if this was something done up for him in a pinch so it got taken off the shelf and stitched up for him.

That is a goon squad and a great one at that. Congrats on the pick-ups. Can never be enough goon jersey postings IMO -

My two newest: Training camp replica jerseys. "Training camp" because as far as I've been able to find out, the Avs don't/have never wear/worn numbers on their practice jerseys during the season. But they definitely do during camp. Yet I was able to dig up two out of hundreds of images of Peter Forsberg wearing practice jerseys with numbers. One from a 2003 Denver Post archive noting the pic as "at practice" - and the other from a tribute video on YouTube. Not exactly sure if the jerseys he's wearing in the pics are CCMs, but I suppose it's a good guess, and they are replicas so what the hell, right? Grey one has a Forsberg auto on the front. It came with an inscription: "To Lisa" on the crest and two other player autos. I saw the Forsberg auto and immediately had designs on putting 21 on it. So a little goof off and a few q-tips and Lisa, Adam Foote, and Dan Hinote are gone. HUGE ups and thanks to Sir Keener who created the number kits for me from the pics. He got them exactly dead-on. I placed them myself and had Mrs. SuperTheGreat do the sewing. Also had her zigzag the crests and CCM Center Ice patches down.

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

Reference images duplicated expertly by Sir Keener - Thanks again, brother.

Screenshot2013-09-17at62557PM.pngforsberg2003practicepic.jpg

Because of work, I was able to go to a Jets game in November and I ordered a jersey at the team store. It arrived this week. They still offered the inaugural season patch so I thought "why not?". Enstrom was an alternate captain during the first season.

Enstrom1_zps64f38e96.jpg

Enstrom2_zps26d0eeab.jpg

Enstrom3_zps7e17beaf.jpg

Enstrom4_zpsb6297a8b.jpg