New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received my second authentic jersey! I like it, regretting the 'A' a bit though I guess. Ordered it from HockeyMonkey so the customization is top-notch of course, but I had hoped for a jersey from 2008/09-2011/12 instead of a 2007/08 because of the size of the front logo. I decided to add the A because perry used it for a long stretch during his MVP season when Getzlaf and Koivu were out with injuries, but alas now that I got a jersey with the smaller front logo it looks a bit off, but doesn't bother me all that much.

The thing that was a bit surprising however was that my previous authentic jersey, a size 50 Ducks 3rd jersey, fit me quite perfectly, so when I ordered this in the same size I kind of assumed it would fit similarly. But I immediately noticed it felt quite a bit smaller, especially noticed that the sleeves felt pretty short. So I put it on top of the other jersey and turns out the sleeves are actually 1 inch shorter on this one. Anyone know why that is? Is it because the two jerseys are differently cut or what? Is it common to see such size differences between two Edge jerseys with the same size tag? Both jerseys are Edge 1.0.

perry1_zpsf31488a0.jpg

perry2_zpsa3ce7428.jpg

perry3_zpsccc1aa14.jpg

At least the frame is aesthetically pleasing :P

Haha. It lasted 15 minutes. Then I put in a DiPietro jersey (dead serious. The camo warmup one).

I got the frame for $51 shipped and taxed lol. I love the Interwebs!

Just received my second authentic jersey! I like it, regretting the 'A' a bit though I guess. Ordered it from HockeyMonkey so the customization is top-notch of course, but I had hoped for a jersey from 2008/09-2011/12 instead of a 2007/08 because of the size of the front logo. I decided to add the A because perry used it for a long stretch during his MVP season when Getzlaf and Koivu were out with injuries, but alas now that I got a jersey with the smaller front logo it looks a bit off, but doesn't bother me all that much.

The thing that was a bit surprising however was that my previous authentic jersey, a size 50 Ducks 3rd jersey, fit me quite perfectly, so when I ordered this in the same size I kind of assumed it would fit similarly. But I immediately noticed it felt quite a bit smaller, especially noticed that the sleeves felt pretty short. So I put it on top of the other jersey and turns out the sleeves are actually 1 inch shorter on this one. Anyone know why that is? Is it because the two jerseys are differently cut or what? Is it common to see such size differences between two Edge jerseys with the same size tag? Both jerseys are Edge 1.0.

Jerseys from 2008/09-2011/12 I assume you are refering to Edge 2.0 jerseys, those are not available at retail (except a few cases, Jets, 2012 Winter Classic) so unless you got a team issue you would be getting either an Edge 1.0 (like you have) or IndoEdge. You say the 3rd jersey you have is 1.0 as well, does it have the vector or the word mark on the back. I don't think there was sizing differences between Edge 1.0 jerseys so if they are both 1.0 they should be the same.

Jerseys from 2008/09-2011/12 I assume you are refering to Edge 2.0 jerseys, those are not available at retail (except a few cases, Jets, 2012 Winter Classic) so unless you got a team issue you would be getting either an Edge 1.0 (like you have) or IndoEdge. You say the 3rd jersey you have is 1.0 as well, does it have the vector or the word mark on the back. I don't think there was sizing differences between Edge 1.0 jerseys so if they are both 1.0 they should be the same.

Nah, I simply referred to the difference in the size of the logo of the jerseys. In the first season that the Edge jerseys were worn, the logo was small, and then the next season and every season after that it has been slightly larger. I assumed this would be the case with Edge 1.0 jerseys as well? This away jersey that I just received has the date 30.07.07 on the inside tag, so it's definitely from the time when the team wore jerseys with a smaller logo. My third jersey has the vector logo on the back, so yeah, I assumed they would be the same size...

2011-12 CBJ Shawn Hunwick Alternate - worn in his first NHL game (backup) vs. DET 3/28/12. This is the one he wore with the winged helmet,etc.

8120999084_250af3953a.jpg

8120983961_19c5ebda01.jpg

0.jpg

2011-12 Springfield Falcons Paul Dainton Road - repairs and skate cuts all around the crest

8095753956_1947d21670.jpg

8095754714_5e0507f6ca.jpg

8095751969_1f2440e169_z.jpg

2011-12 Chicago Express Paul Dainton (now defunct ECHL team)

8120940414_2d4ed11831.jpg

8120924919_7b446d183b.jpg

man those Jackets alt rule. Still probably the best jersey in the league. I hope one of the Vermette's show up again.

I'd love to have a Blue jackets alt. Where do you guys keep finding the game worns? I would love just a team issue 2.0 in a 52 or 50 even though that's a long shot.

That is a great Hunwick shirt! I love hearing his story. I am sorry to hear he didnt keep on going. He even got dumped from the Swiss league last I heard. Where is he hanging his hat now? I want to see him back!

Those Columbus 3rds really are near the top of the league for best current jerseys. I don't expect to ever be able to find or afford one, but I plan on trying.

Got this from xahlgoalie. In my top 3 current favourites. Really happy this worked out.

DSC04310.jpg

Nice to see it finally worked out! I'm happy to finally have something from the AHL All Star Weekend in Hershey.

Andrew Gordon Skills Comp Worn Jersey with an awesome video to match! http://www.csnwashington.com/sportsnetWashington/search/v/38660901/andrew-gordon-at-the-ahl-skills-competition-1-31.htm

agordon-b.jpg

agordon-f.jpg