New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

Don't know how much you are a stickler for accuracy but....i used to own the 87-88 gamer of Kurri and i notice a few things off

-the double elbows (stitched in the wrong place)they were lower on the jerseys back then

-the stripes seem thinner on your shirt

- Sleeves are way too long (kurri used to cut his but even the ones he didnt were not that long) too much orange.

-Crest looks like a repro (cause it is)

-measurements seem off for a large (but i could be wrong)

i always tell people to not jump on these jersey because although they do look nice they are rarely accurate. Nike Oilers kurris appear on rare occasions and i have even seen a blank. Not sure how much you paid but i saw a blank nike oilers go for 750 a few years back.

anyway whats important is if you like it and if you are happy with it

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to get my hands on an original Nova Scotia Oilers jersey, the same thing but with the NS Oilers crest, double layer numbers and Moosehead Oilers patches on the shoulders.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-Nova-Scotia-Moosehead-Beer-Oilers-Hockey-AHL-Jersey-RARE-VINTAGE-/150932976491?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23244e736b

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

The jersey is a really good reproduction. I've been looking for one of that style to complete my Gretzky collection.

Incoming! Another repro, although, this one was made by my own fair hand (well... partially). I really like the K1 reproductions of the WHA jerseys but I'm a little peeved that they don't have them all (probably due to copyright ownership issues with the Oilers, Avalanche and Coyotes, et cetera).

So I decided to make my own 1976-79 style Nordiques road after seeing an Athletic Knit blank made with mesh and with the same cut of neck. I made a stencil and painted the logo myself (like the Nordiques did, thanks to Mike/Brilliant! for verifying that) and made the cuffs white. I'm yet to remove the AK hem logo, but I thought I'd see what you guys make of it:

34nguc3.jpg

1552y37.jpg

(The blade on the logo is a bit chunky, had to cover up a slip unfortunately)

haha that is pretty cool man. great job.

Thanks man! The colour's a bit off and as I said before the blade's a bit too thick, but at least it's kept me occupied for a few hours. :D

Could have gone with an old-school IHL Milwaukee Admirals jersey instead:

God, that crest is awful haha. I think I'll stick with the Nordiques. :P

Eventually, I'm gonna try and get an old Nordiques CCM replica for as cheap as possible (because I don't mind the state of the fleur-de-lis), strip it (well, acetone it), and hand carve some mayflowers out of white garment vinyl and make it a Halifax Citadels. I'd much rather buy an original, but no job = no sale. Stick with the cheapies for now.

A couple of new ones picked up in a trade

1995-96 Cape Breton Oilers David Neilson

P1010300-vi.jpg

P1010301-vi.jpg

The wear on this one is incredible. I really love this jersey being from Nova Scotia and all. I used to own an ultrafil one from the early 90s and I know that a lot of you guys will hate me for this, but I like the air knit better. The ultrafil felt way to bulky to me. I am trying to add more Nova Scotia jerseys and have a Cape Breton Screaming Eagles coming in the mail soon.

1997-98 Therese Brisson Team Canada women

P1010298-vi.jpg

P1010299-vi.jpg

I have been dying to get this style for a long, long time. I am pretty happy that it is a player of this caliber. She is a gold medal winner from 2002 and a stalwart defender. The rose patch is in honour of Don Cherry¨s wife, who died in 1997 of cancer. It is a beautiful jersey that I am thrilled to have in my collection!

1995-96 Cape Breton Oilers David Neilson

The wear on this one is incredible. I really love this jersey being from Nova Scotia and all. I used to own an ultrafil one from the early 90s and I know that a lot of you guys will hate me for this, but I like the air knit better. The ultrafil felt way to bulky to me. I am trying to add more Nova Scotia jerseys and have a Cape Breton Screaming Eagles coming in the mail soon.

1997-98 Therese Brisson Team Canada women

I have been dying to get this style for a long, long time. I am pretty happy that it is a player of this caliber. She is a gold medal winner from 2002 and a stalwart defender. The rose patch is in honour of Don Cherry¨s wife, who died in 1997 of cancer. It is a beautiful jersey that I am thrilled to have in my collection!

The jealousy is surging through me with that CB Oilers pick-up haha. I must agree with you - I like Airknit much more than Ultrafil. Ultrafil looks too shiny & cheap at times.

Love the Canada Women's too, what a lovely sentiment with the Rose patch.

Three OSU jerseys and one CBJ

1991-92 Ohio State University Brent Convery Road - love this style, hokey as it is. the jersey itself is a great old mesh and even as a goalie cut, it's very comfortable

8106747940_fc2b3fd088_z.jpg

8106738327_d5b9c1fdbb_z.jpg

2008-10 Ohio State University Cory Schneider Alternate

8149696703_87794fc2ee_z.jpg

8149696099_a3bd297acb_z.jpg

2010-11 Ohio State University Dustin Carlson Alternate

8088544883_feaa94a20c_z.jpg

8088546342_f9fbea5312_z.jpg

2003-04 Columbus Blue Jackets Pascal Leclaire Alternate

8149697901_9363defca0_z.jpg

8149697319_43f3a2aee6_z.jpg

Nice Bure Jersey ,who did the customization or kit ? as I have a blank one that needs to be done Thanks