It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got these a while back

grail for me, original green Wild authentic. got plenty of replicas, but never able to score an authentic on this style for a good price. has Jim Dowd on it now, but will be made into a Boogaard (finally found one suitable for his name and number)

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

and here is one that goes into the whole "WTF, why did I buy this?" category. sublimated Munich Barons jersey with Dan Wheeldon on it (also sublimated). was looking for 2010 German Olympic jerseys and this came up in my searches. I loved Munich when I was there so maybe why I was drawn to it.

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

I like that wild as well. I even bid on that one myself. Would look good as a Boogaard.

That Wild jersey is one of my favorites. I wish they would've kept that style, they look too much like Christmas trees now. That should definitely be a Boogaard.

2784470820105170938S425x425Q85.jpg2899625880105170938S425x425Q85.jpg

So, not sure really what to call it. Game Worn, Bench Worn, Warm-up Worn.

Anyways, what it is, 1998-99 Tampa Bay Lightning Zac Bierk Alternate Goalie Cut size 60 3rd jersey.

It doesn't have any game wear as Zac wore this while riding bench for Corey Schwab during the 12/12/98 game against the Islanders and the 12/15/98 game against the Pens. I'm sure if anyone has footage leads to these games I could photo match even without wear as the front All Star crest that is heat pressed and sewn has a unique position compared to the jersey pattern.

In any event, I learned some things from this jersey which i didn't know.

The numbers and name are all Kiss cut and actually makes alot of sense now when looking at the customizing. The Kiss cut outline is heat pressed and then sewn very basically instead of following the crazy zig zag pattern of the lightning numbering.

Specific to the 98-99 year, the team changed the style of the #1 by adding a longer piece on top instead of a basic straight vertical line.

Pretty cool jersey even though it's limited to warm ups only! The neck tagging has a double layer tag aswell with a red ball point "60". The jersey really fits like a tent.

Wow; I remember Zac Bierk. If I recall right, he beat the Rangers at the Garden in one of his few starts...though, who didn't back then? That's interesting to know about the kiss-cut numbers too. I never would have guessed that. Definitely one that will only go up in value as time goes on.

No wonder he was only riding the bench that year... Must be tough getting ice time with a 6 goalie rotation...

98-99 Goaltenders:

Player MIN GP W L T GA GAA SO SA SV SV%

Schwab, Corey 2146 40 8 25 3 126 3.52 0 1153 1027 .891

Puppa, Daren 691 13 5 6 1 33 2.87 2 350 317 .906

Ranford, Bill 1568 32 3 18 3 102 3.90 1 858 756 .881

Hodson, Kevin 238 5 2 1 1 11 2.77 0 118 107 .907

Wilkinson, Derek 253 5 1 3 1 13 3.08 0 128 115 .898

Bierk, Zac 59 1 0 1 0 2 2.03 0 21 19 .905

Team Total: 4955 82 19 54 9 287 3.48 3 2628 2341 .891

For those of you playing along at home, noticed how the Games Played column always exceeds the number when you add the W/L/T together.

Gives you an idea of how many times guys got pulled that season.

Very nice Bolts jersey, always love to hear about odd customization methods on gamers.

Team issued blank customized w/ Giroux. Should have a Toyota and Spectrum patch, but I don't see ever getting either of those.

Jersey067.jpg

Jersey069.jpg

Very nice Bolts jersey, always love to hear about odd customization methods on gamers.

Team issued blank customized w/ Giroux. Should have a Toyota and Spectrum patch, but I don't see ever getting either of those.

Jersey067.jpg

Jersey069.jpg

Dude, I'm going to have to come over and take that haha, you're impinging on my creepy Giroux collection! I hate that jerseys but it came out great! I have a few questions for you, going to shoot you a PM, but great jersey man!

No wonder he was only riding the bench that year... Must be tough getting ice time with a 6 goalie rotation...

98-99 Goaltenders:

Player MIN GP W L T GA GAA SO SA SV SV%

Schwab, Corey 2146 40 8 25 3 126 3.52 0 1153 1027 .891

Puppa, Daren 691 13 5 6 1 33 2.87 2 350 317 .906

Ranford, Bill 1568 32 3 18 3 102 3.90 1 858 756 .881

Hodson, Kevin 238 5 2 1 1 11 2.77 0 118 107 .907

Wilkinson, Derek 253 5 1 3 1 13 3.08 0 128 115 .898

Bierk, Zac 59 1 0 1 0 2 2.03 0 21 19 .905

Team Total: 4955 82 19 54 9 287 3.48 3 2628 2341 .891

For those of you playing along at home, noticed how the Games Played column always exceeds the number when you add the W/L/T together.

Gives you an idea of how many times guys got pulled that season.

That year they were the parent team of the Cleveland Lumberjacks of the IHL. Bierk, Wilkinson, and Schwab played here. Not only is Bierk's brother Sebastian Bach, but his sister was a model, IIRC. John Cullen played his last ever pro game as a Lumberjack when he attempted his comeback after his cancer diagnosis. That affiliation only lasted one year, as the owner blasted the Lightning in public. It was a zoo. Good times.

So, not sure really what to call it. Game Worn, Bench Worn, Warm-up Worn.

Anyways, what it is, 1998-99 Tampa Bay Lightning Zac Bierk Alternate Goalie Cut size 60 3rd jersey.

It doesn't have any game wear as Zac wore this while riding bench for Corey Schwab during the 12/12/98 game against the Islanders and the 12/15/98 game against the Pens. I'm sure if anyone has footage leads to these games I could photo match even without wear as the front All Star crest that is heat pressed and sewn has a unique position compared to the jersey pattern.

In any event, I learned some things from this jersey which i didn't know.

The numbers and name are all Kiss cut and actually makes alot of sense now when looking at the customizing. The Kiss cut outline is heat pressed and then sewn very basically instead of following the crazy zig zag pattern of the lightning numbering.

Specific to the 98-99 year, the team changed the style of the #1 by adding a longer piece on top instead of a basic straight vertical line.

Pretty cool jersey even though it's limited to warm ups only! The neck tagging has a double layer tag aswell with a red ball point "60". The jersey really fits like a tent.

Wow and a goalie jersey to boot, sweet pickup!!

Got this in yesterday, stupid question where are people getting these customized? I want to make sure it's accurate as possible

2012-01-18121757.jpg

2012-01-18121847.jpg

Not a stupid question, and not quite sure we have the answer to that yet.

Yeah I've seen nothing on here and nothing on eBay for kits even :(

I know we are focused on hockey here but this is too good not to show. 1995 Michigan Tim Biakabutuka jersey. Jersey has the port hole mesh and spandex sides and cuffs. This one year Michigan had block Ms embroidered into the shoulders which do not show up on photos. What I love is the Big Ten Centennial patch, which I found from another collector this year after looking for years and had it put on. The colors of these patches differed amongst schools with their respective team colors.

"Touchdown Tim" ran for over 300 yards in this jersey to knock Ohio State out of the Rose Bowl, GO BLUE!

DSCN0959.jpg

DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0963.jpg

Grats Rage ... personally I've been have trouble even finding an authentic Rangers WC jersey. Everyone one eBay that has had them tells me they are trying to get more but not having much luck.

I think I've seen kits on e-bay, but I'm not sure if the gamers have felt nameplates like most kits and premade jerseys have. Mike might know more details.

I am almost 100% positive the kits we see on eBay are Stahls kits.

Grats Rage ... personally I've been have trouble even finding an authentic Rangers WC jersey. Everyone one eBay that has had them tells me they are trying to get more but not having much luck.

Thanks! I was really on the fence about getting it, procrastinated and lucked out one popped up on eBay a week ago love it

Did you try the link I posted in the WC discussion thread? They claim to have some in stock (http://www.stadiumclassics.com/prod/3363-New-York-Rangers-Winter-Classic-2012-Authentic-7331A-Jersey-.html), not sure what size you need

Thanks! I was really on the fence about getting it, procrastinated and lucked out one popped up on eBay a week ago love it

Did you try the link I posted in the WC discussion thread? They claim to have some in stock (http://www.stadiumclassics.com/prod/3363-New-York-Rangers-Winter-Classic-2012-Authentic-7331A-Jersey-.html), not sure what size you need

I'm looking for a 60 but would settle for a 56. I did contact them, they only have the two sizes listed and like everyone else said they are trying to get more in, but aren't hopeful.

I'm looking for a 60 but would settle for a 56. I did contact them, they only have the two sizes listed and like everyone else said they are trying to get more in, but aren't hopeful.

Chances are if they do get more for whatever reason they'll be like the new Jets jersey, first batch 2.0 second batch indo-edge :(