2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

Flyers using white Alternate Captains A's and Captain's C is now official

My link

Flyers have their jerseys on point. They're my favorite jerseys in the entire league (although I don't own one, YET). The black nameplate on the away, and the white nameplate on the home never ceases to impress me. Now the white C's and A's? Swag..

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Leafs new 3rds look great on the ice. I especially like the old-school touch with the chest letters too. Phaneuf looks a little like Dave Keon out there with that style C!

The Leafs new 3rds look great on the ice. I especially like the old-school touch with the chest letters too. Phaneuf looks a little like Dave Keon out there with that style C!

I love the new thirds, especially how the letters/numbers and front crest are felt. I'm watching in standard def tonight but from what I can tell the Leafs jerseys are not 2.0 and are not using nameplates. Montreal is still 2.0

I love the new thirds, especially how the letters/numbers and front crest are felt. I'm watching in standard def tonight but from what I can tell the Leafs jerseys are not 2.0 and are not using nameplates. Montreal is still 2.0

I confirm Montreal is still 2.0. Not sure about the Leafs either. The Leafs third do indeed look good, for a few seconds I was tempted to buy one... But I just can't... And congrats TMLFAN this is a long season! <_<

Tell me the Bruins aren't wearing that awful, boastful patch all year.

Tell me the Bruins aren't wearing that awful, boastful patch all year.

Iv never seen a patch to commemorate your own cup win before. Nor having the team bring out the cup and lift it again in front of your fans.

A little cheesey to me.

That's what I'm saying. Sheesh, they're jinxing themselves being that showy.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but I saw in the highlights from the B's/Flyers game last night that I think it was Marchand, was wearing a jersey with a vector instead of a wordmark.

Yep, you're right. I just watched the highlights again and Marchand definitely has the vector. Very weird

The Flyers really need to ditch the black nameplate thing. That worked when they...oh, I don't know...STILL HAD A BLACK JERSEY. Now, they don't wear that one anymore. Soooo...where does the black nameplate come from?? Yet another reason to just flat-out hate that buttcrack organization. I can't wait to go to the Winter Classic in Toilettown and watch the Rangers beat the snot out of them.

The Flyers really need to ditch the black nameplate thing. That worked when they...oh, I don't know...STILL HAD A BLACK JERSEY. Now, they don't wear that one anymore. Soooo...where does the black nameplate come from?? Yet another reason to just flat-out hate that buttcrack organization. I can't wait to go to the Winter Classic in Toilettown and watch the Rangers beat the snot out of them.

Putting the Flyers aside, what's wrong with it? Considering how lame and how alike basically all of the NHL jerseys have become, its nice to have something that is a little unique and not the same old thing everyone has.

Besides, Buffalo uses yellow nameplates on their new alternates. They dont have a pre-dominantly yellow jersey.

A little variety never hurt

Yeah, that's another one I don't get. Why gold? There is no gold jersey for the Sabres! ARGRGAHRHHRARGAGRGGGHGHGH!!!! I'm just not a fan of change for the sake of change. If the Flyes ditched that stupid black plate and went to white, they would some of the nicest jerseys in the league. Hands down. That black plate just absolutely ruins it for me though.

Yeah, that's another one I don't get. Why gold? There is no gold jersey for the Sabres! ARGRGAHRHHRARGAGRGGGHGHGH!!!! I'm just not a fan of change for the sake of change. If the Flyes ditched that stupid black plate and went to white, they would some of the nicest jerseys in the league. Hands down. That black plate just absolutely ruins it for me though.

i agree....it blows.....looks like something your grandma would make you for x-mas.....

I just love having a goalie who can preserve a lead. They can wear pink for all I care, if they win.