2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

Don't know if it counts as a jersey change, but the Hawks are ditching the alts this season. Kind of a shame...I really liked how they looked, especially when compared to their previous alternate, a glaring example of 1990s black-for-black's-sake if ever there was one.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if it counts as a jersey change, but the Hawks are ditching the alts this season. Kind of a shame...I really liked how they looked, especially when compared to their previous alternate, a glaring example of 1990s black-for-black's-sake if ever there was one.

I am surprised at this as well. I liked their alternates and I think they were a nice idea. Maybe the barberpole will make a comeback soon.

• 2 weeks later...

At the Islanders/Bruins rookie game tonight NYIJM29 tells me that the Islanders jerseys have the Wordmark on the back of the neck, while the Bruins jerseys have the Vector. He sent me a picture but I can't figure out how to post it without putting it in my photobucket first and I'm too lazy.

Oooh thanks for reminding me to dl that demo tonight

Lol demo. It launched tomorrow, I'll be picking it up probably before class and playing it when I get home. PSN ID is DropkickMurphy8 if anyone wants to do Be A Pro online. I'll probably have a team with CJ like last year (even though it was just the two of us last year) - More people the better.

Speaking of class, I should probably get off of here and get upstairs to my accounting class. Stupid school :-\

At the Islanders/Bruins rookie game tonight NYIJM29 tells me that the Islanders jerseys have the Wordmark on the back of the neck, while the Bruins jerseys have the Vector. He sent me a picture but I can't figure out how to post it without putting it in my photobucket first and I'm too lazy.

Haha thanks! Once I get them off my phone, I'll post them

Rundown:

-Isles were wearing wordmark, 2.0s, 40th anni patches on the right shoulder, no special helmet stickers (i.e. 40th ann)

-Bruins: I am guessing players that were previously in the system had Vector logo 1.0s.

-Bruins: Hamilton, and a couple of others had 2.0 wordmarks.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :glare: Sorry but I am not a fan of the wordmark. I guess it's not terrible, but I prefer the vector. Wouldn't you guys think it would be weird if on NFL and MLB jerseys, "Reebok" and "Majestic" were in words instead of the logo? I think it's odd. Plus, it tells me the jersey is NOT from the original period of EDGE authentics, rather from 2011 on.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :glare: Sorry but I am not a fan of the wordmark. I guess it's not terrible, but I prefer the vector. Wouldn't you guys think it would be weird if on NFL and MLB jerseys, "Reebok" and "Majestic" were in words instead of the logo? I think it's odd. Plus, it tells me the jersey is NOT from the original period of EDGE authentics, rather from 2011 on.

looks crappy indeed..........hi, my name is....reebok cooke

LA vs. PHX rookie game tonight- both teams wearing wordmark.

LA vs. PHX rookie game tonight- both teams wearing wordmark.

Where you there? I ask because there was no way I could tell from the feed.

I love that facility, it is gorgeous, the Thrashers old practice rink looks like a high school building, THAT joint screams NHL.

Your first goalie looked really good, I was shocked to see PHX come back and win it, we were watching since they are our new affiliate and there is supposedly a chance we will get Cheverie which seems like a good deal if it happens.

No, I wasn't there. The feed I got wasn't great, but you could still see the thin, horizontal logo- no way it was a vector.

Jerseys from Penguins Black and Gold game in WBS are half vector, half wordmark.

REEBOK, FIX YO' LOGO!

blackgold.jpg

OK can we please just accept that everyone will use the wordmark from now on instead of dragging it out across two pages?

Does anyone know when the new authentics with the wordmark will be available at retail?

I emailed NHL.com and the women who replied basically had no idea what I was talking about. I also tried Rivercity but they never replied to my email.

Does anyone know when the new authentics with the wordmark will be available at retail?

I emailed NHL.com and the women who replied basically had no idea what I was talking about. I also tried Rivercity but they never replied to my email.

Late Sept-Mid October is my guess

I called TTS about 2 months ago and they said September, so I called again yesterday and they now said October.

I saw that article yesterday and as long as it stays on the practice jersey then I'm ok with it.