2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A white home 73-74 Bobby Clarke gameworn at the MeiGray expo this year had the white "C" with the black outline. Not sure if it started during that season or before then. Either way it looks good. Gives the road jersey a true retro look. Kind of hard to see but different is good to me. I would not be surprised if it was a pre-season thing only. A cool thing that they did in the mid 80's was a white "C" or "A" with an orange outline on the white home jerseys. That would look cool as well.

I don't mind it. Then again I don't really care about the minutest of details, because frankly the color of a reebok wordmark isn't going to deter me from trying to purchase a game worn. Also, just as long as the Rangers win too. That's really more important to me.

Also, for those that care about the minutest details, just don't buy it. Usually a simple solution.

No one can say this looks good...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6176/6170853747_9cd06a5452_o.jpg

Way to go Reebok

Wow that's horrible. I can only hope that isn't final since those are pre-season jerseys (I know it's unlikely).

Why make the white rectangle so large that it clips the blue stripes? Why not just have "reebok" in blue, instead of white on blue? I actually thought this wordmark thing wasn't goint to be that bad, boy am I wrong.

Wow that's horrible. I can only hope that isn't final since those are pre-season jerseys (I know it's unlikely).

Thats what I was thinking (using the old stock with a cover up). I will feel bad for the rangers if they have to wear their jerseys like that.

Starter altered their logo when they did NHL jerseys. Bauer, owned by Nike, changed their logos on AHL and IHL jerseys. SP altered their logo on AHL jerseys. These things happen. We are spoiled here in North America that our teams do not change their uniforms every year as they do in Europe. Most hockey and soccer teams change jerseys, or "kits", every year and are smothered in advertising. We don't go through that here.

It's just a pre-season thing. They'll be back to the usual arched names by the time the regular season starts.

Yeah, the wings have been doing that forever. During the pre-season they do the names on nameplates straight across the back to make it easy to swap if they have to. Once the season starts they go back to arched names that are sewn directly onto the jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd bet that picture of Richards in the old Rangers practice jersey was taken during informal workouts before training camp started when the players just wear whatever they want. All the pictures and videos I've seen of teams practice jerseys this year have been Reebok.

Flyers using white Alternate Captains A's and Captain's C is now official

My link