2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

Off-topic, but I was in your arena last night. It's actually a nice place.

Best sightlines in the NHL. I love that place.

How was Poison/Motley Crue? I heard it kicked Arse! Wish I could have gone

Its possible that the colors on the jerseys are not black, white, and steel blue, but if the arena is being repainted, I'd bet on those colors being it.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best sightlines in the NHL. I love that place.

How was Poison/Motley Crue? I heard it kicked Arse! Wish I could have gone

They did kick Arse. I purposely missed New York Dolls (because really, who cares about David Johansen?) and I was gonna purposely miss Poison, but I'm glad I got there early enough to see them. They were awesome, and Motley is Motley - tons of pyros, lots of fire, and Tommy Lee doing a drum solo whilst suspended upside down from the rig they had set up for his drum kit. You meet some crazy people at concerts, I shared a cab back to the railroad with two tourists from Amsterdam....coolest people ever. That train ride back to Penn was literally as much fun as the concert.

First thing to play in the Coliseum in a couple decades that didn't suck :D:thumbsup:

In his arena, stealing his hockeyz?

Ha, no. I've taken three showers and I still feel dirty from all the fail that's been building up inside that place since the late 80's :D

I think we're missing a bigger issue here. Did you seriously PAY to see Motley Crue and Poison???

LOL! Yes, I did. Not really a Posion fan, but I love Motley and after watching the Crue Fest DVD from '08 I had to see them. Totally worth it. Btw, while we're on the music subject - I finally got the new DKM, pretty kick Arse. I wish they were playing closer, Starland is a little too far.

I think we're missing a bigger issue here. Did you seriously PAY to see Motley Crue and Poison???

Dude the Crue is considered one of the best live performances you can see, and I hate everything. I like 1 Crue song and I'd probably see them.

Dude the Crue is considered one of the best live performances you can see, and I hate everything. I like 1 Crue song and I'd probably see them.

EXACTLY! (Stop the presses, did I just agree with a Flyers fan?) - They really do put on a great show, too bad it wasn't sold out. I basically had the run of the 300's, if there were 500 people up there it was a lot. Poison put on a really good show too, they surprised me. I think that was the most fun I've had at a concert since Beastie Boys in Central Park four summers ago when the five drunk fireman next to us were shaking the bleachers for two hours. That concert is still right up there with AC/DC at MSG in '08, and AC/DC is my favorite band - period.

Yes, but you would also pay to see Starship so your opinion is therefore rendered invalid.

Nah I don't need to see them, because their spirit courses through my veins.

Side note, but a few years ago my band opened for Green Jelly lol. Now THAT was a fun show. 3 little pigs anyone?

• 1 month later...

does anyone know how the back numbers with the guitar string look are going to be done on the new Preds jerseys?

I would think it would be sublimated, but that is a good question. What are the options? Smoothfit, twill, embroidery?

Yes, but you would also pay to see Starship so your opinion is therefore rendered invalid.

Years ago (1985), I got free tickets to see Starship around the time of "We Built This City" being a number one hit. Thanks to good ole' WMMS stuffing the Rolling Stone readers poll ballot box. Craig Chaquico was a great guitarist before he switched from Carvin V220T's to those nylon string acoustics and became a new-age star.

I would assume they would be sublimated twill (what RBK calls Smoothfit).

Interesting. Anyone else in the league use this?

IceThetics had this for the new Leafs alt:

0821-tor2011a.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1313980740083

The purpose is to celebrate their 1967 style from the last time they won the cup.

That prototype pic looks off because of the white along the cuff/wrists.

IceThetics had this for the new Leafs alt:

0821-tor2011a.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1313980740083

The purpose is to celebrate their 1967 style from the last time they won the cup.

That prototype pic looks off because of the white along the cuff/wrists.

Looks like the shade of blue is a little off as well. Their 1967 playoff jerseys were a little lighter, at least that's what I thought. More like their current home blue jerseys.

Oooh thanks for reminding me to dl that demo tonight

Same. I'll be buying it when it comes out. Who plays it on xbox and wants to add me to play?