2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

I was at the Hawks Training Camp Festival and their practice jerseys have an "Athletico" patch on them. Don't mind it on the practice jerseys, especially when you can't even read it from 10 feet away.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the Sponsor patches on jerseys (practice jerseys) This has been done for some teams for over 20-30 years. Canucks in the 90's wore Gatorade sponsor patches, prior to that in the 80's they had Molson Canadian as a sponsor too.

With the Jersey changes, The Canucks have launched all of the replica's with the wordmark, and are selling the old authentics with the vector still. They won't sell the Authentic with wordmark until October once season begins.

I was at the Hawks Training Camp Festival and their practice jerseys have an "Athletico" patch on them. Don't mind it on the practice jerseys, especially when you can't even read it from 10 feet away.

They also had the word mark instead of the vector....how bout Carcillo!

the watermark on the sleeve looks disgusting

Luckily the sleeve mark is only on the premiers/replicas (as it was with the vector and the CCM/Koho logos before it).

never buy replicas, especially the s*** they ave now

Unless you're a broke college student and can't afford anything else :(

Unless you're a broke college student and can't afford anything else :(

I dunno.. between the rcs $99 edge sale and the meigray clearance $75 edge jerseys I'd say there's still no excuse for buying reebok replicas, just be patient :)

I dunno.. between the rcs $99 edge sale and the meigray clearance $75 edge jerseys I'd say there's still no excuse for buying reebok replicas, just be patient :)

True, but I think replicas are nice if you want to get a team signed jersey (guilty :D)

These are the first to arrive at the NHL Store in NYC.

Boston Bruins Home Replica jerseys.

2011-09-19_16-22-55_783.jpg

2011-09-19_16-23-10_607.jpg

Notice how the back of the neck is a patch instead of being embroidered. Not really a fan of that personally...

Notice how the back of the neck is a patch instead of being embroidered. Not really a fan of that personally...

That kinda sucks, really. Hope the authentic logo looks a lot better.

These are the first to arrive at the NHL Store in NYC.

Boston Bruins Home Replica jerseys.

Did they mention when they will have authentics? I assume when they do, the NHL.com store will as well

When I was in there last week they said it would be the next 2-3 weeks. I assume that since the Bruins replicas came in this week but nothing else in terms of jerseys came in with the wordmark that it's going to be later rather than sooner.

Im a fan. Easy to cover up on replicas, should they go on extraordinary clearance! :thumbsup:

Cover up with what though? What are you going to do to them? Also, obviously, the patches are slightly off colored compared to the jersey itself. I dunno, I just don't like it. I wonder how it will look on the authentics. Do you think it will be reversed of what it has been previously and be embroidered on the authentics? This whole thing is starting to become a mess. If that's the case then it's one less way to spot fakes.

Cover up with what though? What are you going to do to them? Also, obviously, the patches are slightly off colored compared to the jersey itself. I dunno, I just don't like it. I wonder how it will look on the authentics. Do you think it will be reversed of what it has been previously and be embroidered on the authentics? This whole thing is starting to become a mess. If that's the case then it's one less way to spot fakes.

Buy white twill, strip the Reebok vectors off, buy those heat transfers that you can print on and boom.

Just got done watching the Leafs play Ottawa. The Sens were wearing white, and it was really easy to see that the Reebok wordmark was on a patch. The Leafs were in blue, and the wordmark blended in so well I couldn't tell if it was a patch or embroidered.

That kinda sucks, really. Hope the authentic logo looks a lot better.

I agree. It looks REALLY ugly IMO. I am interested to see the authentics AND what those idiots that fake jerseys do, aka their "versions". :lol:

Not sure if its official or not, but the Flyers used white alternate captain's "A's" on their white jerseys tonight instead of orange. I actually like it

simmonds.jpg

Note sure if its official or not, but the Flyers used white alternate captain's "A's" on their white jerseys tonight instead of orange. I actually like it

simmonds.jpg

When they introduced the white away jerseys last year, the jersey that Richards wore for the unveiling had a white 'C', I was really disappointed they went away from it last year and am so glad they are back.

Flyers10RoadUnveiling.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1284778110499

Am I the only person who can't see the photo orangecrush8 posted?

Not really sure why it got deleted, it's up again.