Ebay 2.0

JeffB

In regards to the MGG patch, Dropkick is right, they do make fakes with MeiGray tags, however, there would not be a fake MeiGray patch on that jersey (unless someone takes a fake patch and puts it on--which is unlikely). Its extremely rare to see a fake Dallas Stars pre-Edge jersey, in size 58, customized to Macswayne (sp?). I remember trying to research the jersey. The Stars'/MGG set tags for that time period just said it was game worn for a given year (Dallas Stars-MeiGray Game Worn 1999-2000, or something like that), until 2002-2003 when they added tag numbers to the jerseys (their earliest population report dates to the 2002-2003 season).

Am I right Brilliant!?

In regards to the ranger fan with the fake Lundy, ranger fans are just that...ranger fans. I told you about the time I saw the guy with the fake and he was telling people the spacing on his heritage jersey was weird because it was authentic. Not to mention, the retired numbers were on the exterior front of the jersey instead of the interior back. Gotta love the blueskirts and their fans...you guys are good for a few laughs :thumbsup: (*Insert "LOL. You're team is a joke. I am surprised they dont make you laugh" comment*/*Insert my reply "My team makes me cry. Why do you think we have black thirds"*/*Insert reply: LOL*/end conversation)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The macswayne jersey in question I believe is game issued, not game worn. The seller did not show the MGG patch for what ever reason. I bought it for $81. Was going to strip it....but not now.

Thats a great price/pickup!

and another kings........LOS ANGELES KINGS Authentic Jersey W/Fight Strap

My link

have i not seen that backyard before ?

Yes that seller puts the fight strap in Replicas and tries to pawn them off as authentics

and another kings........LOS ANGELES KINGS Authentic Jersey W/Fight Strap

My link

have i not seen that backyard before ?

Oilerstitans1 is s a jerkoff. He's a fraud who obviously thinks EVERYONE on eBay is stupid and that he's a genius.

MGG patches don't really mean anything, we've all seen the fake Meigray "Groop" patches on knockoffs. Hell, I actually saw one in person last night. Some jackwagon went over to the Steiner table at MSG wearing an obviously fake Lundqvist jersey with fake MGG tags, and he was telling one of the Steiner guys that it was game-worn. The worst part? The idiot Steiner guy actually BELIEVED him, going as far as to tell him what games it was worn. He had absolutely no idea it was fake.

Meigray tags don't always mean something.

What does this patch look like you are talking about?

What does this patch look like you are talking about?

It looks like a regular Meigray patch, but "Group" is spelled "Groop". There's also one pops up on fake jerseys that's a knockoff of a real MGG tag but the number is actually registered to a different, legit gamer. The player it's registered to escapes me, there's a thread on it here somewhere.

It looks like a regular Meigray patch, but "Group" is spelled "Groop". There's also one pops up on fake jerseys that's a knockoff of a real MGG tag but the number is actually registered to a different, legit gamer. The player it's registered to escapes me, there's a thread on it here somewhere.

The player is Alain Nassredine, the fake patch was originally made for all the fake crosby winter classics

The patch on the jersey in question has the Dallas stars logo on the left side, then it was folded in the middle covering up what looks like 1999-2000 collection. On the right side it says MeiGrayGroup. The color of the tag is light tan maybe bisque in color. The lettering is in green. Let me be clear. The tag is folded and then stitched to the jersey leading me to believe its not game worn but game issued. Maybe it's a fake....

Looks legit but made for midgets

I actually wanna try and win it for my girlfriend...do you know what a 44 equates to? I figured a small or so?

The patch on the jersey in question has the Dallas stars logo on the left side, then it was folded in the middle covering up what looks like 1999-2000 collection. On the right side it says MeiGrayGroup. The color of the tag is light tan maybe bisque in color. The lettering is in green. Let me be clear. The tag is folded and then stitched to the jersey leading me to believe its not game worn but game issued. Maybe it's a fake....

Since there aren't any pictures you are going to get a better answer from the MGG website than what you are getting so far.

Why not just post a picture or a link?

Here is what a real tag looks like.

ModinGarthBrooksGameWorn192007MeiGrayHemTag.jpg

They didn't use that inventory system tag until 02-03. The MGG-authenticated jerseys before that have different tags.

They didn't use that inventory system tag until 02-03. The MGG-authenticated jerseys before that have different tags.

Yes they even have tags for vintage shirts from the 60's 70's etc...