Ebay 2.0

JeffB

I cannot post pictures. I am still new and my pictures are to big. Can I email it to someone who can post it on my behalf. I am aware of what current meigray inventory patches look like thanks for the help you fantastic group of collectors.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are better off looking at their website to see if they have jerseys from those same years as yours and if they have the same tagging. The paranoid parrots here will automatically think anything is a fake if you give them any doubt.

I'm hoping someone can help me out on here! I'm rather new to the sport of hockey so identifying legitimate jerseys on ebay can be a little tough. (Besides those knockoffs that are laughable.) I'm a sharks fan on a budget so I've been looking for a legit jersey I could purchase on ebay. I came across the Thornton jersey listed below and wasn't too sure if it was a legit premier jersey or not. The fabric around the NHL Patch looked to be a bit too much at first. I then came across some other photos online that looked similar. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, TBP.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250959827251?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4948wt_1265

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=san+jose+sharks+fan&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1360&bih=705&tbm=isch&tbnid=PSgrD5dRYC7gWM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ducks-239200-game-photo.html%3Fpic%3D1&docid=hNrCXihr8jSd2M&imgurl=http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/kzax9f-kzaxd7ducksfaceoffs.0315ag013uu3.jpg&w=560&h=420&ei=2UP6TrawF-rUiALW6tGuDg&zoom=1

I'm hoping someone can help me out on here! I'm rather new to the sport of hockey so identifying legitimate jerseys on ebay can be a little tough. (Besides those knockoffs that are laughable.) I'm a sharks fan on a budget so I've been looking for a legit jersey I could purchase on ebay. I came across the Thornton jersey listed below and wasn't too sure if it was a legit premier jersey or not. The fabric around the NHL Patch looked to be a bit too much at first. I then came across some other photos online that looked similar. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, TBP.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250959827251?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4948wt_1265

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=san+jose+sharks+fan&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1360&bih=705&tbm=isch&tbnid=PSgrD5dRYC7gWM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ducks-239200-game-photo.html%3Fpic%3D1&docid=hNrCXihr8jSd2M&imgurl=http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/kzax9f-kzaxd7ducksfaceoffs.0315ag013uu3.jpg&w=560&h=420&ei=2UP6TrawF-rUiALW6tGuDg&zoom=1

Replicas don't get faked. That's real. Btw, there's an "Is it good or not" thread here to ask if a jersey is legit.

Look at his responses to people's messages. It's clear that he's trying to scam people and the listing should be reported. That's obviously not a gamer.

Replicas don't get faked. That's real. Btw, there's an "Is it good or not" thread here to ask if a jersey is legit.

I thought replicas weren't stitched and premier and Authentic jerseys were. At least that's how it is with NFL jerseys, Something I am a bit more familiar with. And thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware. I did some tripping around on the forums and thought this would fit in with the ebay topic.

Look at his responses to people's messages. It's clear that he's trying to scam people and the listing should be reported. That's obviously not a gamer.

If he were trying to scam people, I don't know that he'd post the messages and his responses in the listing...it's somewhat counterproductive, no?

He's either not the brightest kid on the block -

2885036810105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

or he's fresh off the boat and needs some english classes -

"...i dont know whats your position,it seems to me almost that you are playing (GOD)at this point."

"im sorry i couldnt answer your question sooner.but do to some unfortunate circumstances delayed me."

I thought replicas weren't stitched and premier and Authentic jerseys were. At least that's how it is with NFL jerseys, Something I am a bit more familiar with. And thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware. I did some tripping around on the forums and thought this would fit in with the ebay topic.

"Premier" means replica, they're the same thing. You're talking about football jerseys, hockey jerseys are totally different. Premier is Reebok's name for replica, there's nothing below that. Well, I guess TECHNICALLY there is a third tier of Reebok jersey if you count EDGE 2.0 (see the thread here, and read the Indo-EDGE thread, I'm not gonna go into it here) but as far as what's available at retail, your options are premier or Indo-EDGE. (again, read the Indo-EDGE thread). Most replica hockey jerseys aren't stitched, but there are always exceptions. If you buy blanks and send them out to be lettered and actually pay for sewn kits, that's what you'll get. If you're ordering from NHL.com, you'll get heat sealed vinyl.

I buy most of my jerseys blank and get them lettered later, so everything is stitched. Starter replicas were factory stitched, it all depends on the manufacturer and where/how you buy your jerseys. For instance, I'm in NYC and the NHL Store sells replicas with crappy heat sealed lettering, but MSG sells Rangers replicas with sewn twill customization. But again, for retail hockey jerseys, "premier" and "replica" are the same thing. There's nothing wrong with the jersey you linked to.

"Premier" means replica, they're the same thing. You're talking about football jerseys, hockey jerseys are totally different. Premier is Reebok's name for replica, there's nothing below that. Well, I guess TECHNICALLY there is a third tier of Reebok jersey if you count EDGE 2.0 (see the thread here, and read the Indo-EDGE thread, I'm not gonna go into it here) but as far as what's available at retail, your options are premier or Indo-EDGE. (again, read the Indo-EDGE thread). Most replica hockey jerseys aren't stitched, but there are always exceptions. If you buy blanks and send them out to be lettered and actually pay for sewn kits, that's what you'll get. If you're ordering from NHL.com, you'll get heat sealed vinyl.

I buy most of my jerseys blank and get them lettered later, so everything is stitched. Starter replicas were factory stitched, it all depends on the manufacturer and where/how you buy your jerseys. For instance, I'm in NYC and the NHL Store sells replicas with crappy heat sealed lettering, but MSG sells Rangers replicas with sewn twill customization. But again, for retail hockey jerseys, "premier" and "replica" are the same thing. There's nothing wrong with the jersey you linked to.

I kinda figured there was a difference but wasn't sure. I appreciate the detailed explanation and am glad to know that jersey is the real deal. I just wanted to check with some people who know a thing or two about NHL jerseys before I purchased it. One more question, is it going to be difficult to trade or sell a current players jersey on here? (Malkin) I see a lot of users on here are real jersey enthusiasts and are looking for older gems. Just wondering If I should even bother posting in the Trade section on the forums. Thanks again for your help and insight, TBP.

If he were trying to scam people, I don't know that he'd post the messages and his responses in the listing...it's somewhat counterproductive, no?

He's either not the brightest kid on the block -

2885036810105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

or he's fresh off the boat and needs some english classes -

"...i dont know whats your position,it seems to me almost that you are playing (GOD)at this point."

"im sorry i couldnt answer your question sooner.but do to some unfortunate circumstances delayed me."

LOL! That guy has to be a child. Go look at the listing again, he replied to somebody with a yo mama joke. AND he posted it on the listing. What a tool.

I kinda figured there was a difference but wasn't sure. I appreciate the detailed explanation and am glad to know that jersey is the real deal. I just wanted to check with some people who know a thing or two about NHL jerseys before I purchased it. One more question, is it going to be difficult to trade or sell a current players jersey on here? (Malkin) I see a lot of users on here are real jersey enthusiasts and are looking for older gems. Just wondering If I should even bother posting in the Trade section on the forums. Thanks again for your help and insight, TBP.

If it's a replica, most people on here won't even look at it. There's only a few of us who buy replicas (I'm one of them) but most people on here only collect authentics. You're probably better off listing it on eBay, somebody will buy it there.

LOL! That guy has to be a child. Go look at the listing again, he replied to somebody with a yo mama joke. AND he posted it on the listing. What a tool.

This guy's a riot -

"i have a regular xl that i had from the beginning of the 90"s and im a 4 to 5x and can still fit the xl.explain that."

This guy's a riot -

"i have a regular xl that i had from the beginning of the 90"s and im a 4 to 5x and can still fit the xl.explain that."

Does it still count as an XL if you sew two bed sheets together and put a Blackhawks crest on it?

If it's a replica, most people on here won't even look at it. There's only a few of us who buy replicas (I'm one of them) but most people on here only collect authentics. You're probably better off listing it on eBay, somebody will buy it there.

Will do. Thanks again, it's definitely appreciated.

This guy's a riot -

That guy is the best thing to come out of Chicago since Rod Blagojevich.