Too big for me: Phantoms 6100

My link

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too big for me: Phantoms 6100

My link

I am watching this jersey I have been a big fan of the Phantoms and would love to add another one of these to my collection

Yeah but it's not just the Penguins though. It's every team and every player. And the players don't give a crap. They'll sign anything you put in front of them as long as they get their money. Just once, I'd love to see one of these guys refuse to sign one of these God-awful jerseys because it's a counterfeit. That would just make me all giddy inside.

Proof, you say?

HighandWide.jpg

It says "High and Wide: the Jeff Carter Story." My friend photoshopped a fake book cover and had him sign it at an event. We all hate Carter, for the record. Anyway, he handed it to Carter, who leaned back, scratched his head, signed it, and threw it at him. They will sign anything.

Lol. Gotta love that. I want to ask Travis Hamonic to sign this picture: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/QPkTO6ropz_/Vancouver+Canucks+v+New+York+Islanders/S4C311OEWNq/Travis+Hamonic

He signed a different picture for me with the inscription "Hammer Time". Hockey players are by far the nicest athletes.

But I digress, continue your previously scheduled eBay postings.

It says "High and Wide: the Jeff Carter Story." My friend photoshopped a fake book cover and had him sign it at an event. We all hate Carter, for the record. Anyway, he handed it to Carter, who leaned back, scratched his head, signed it, and threw it at him. They will sign anything.

Dude, you have to post a picture of that on Philly.com Flyers forum.

I dont know if you have ever been on that message board but there are "Carter Sucks" threads started daily, sometimes twice a day. And there are some HUGE Carter defenders on there. A ton of people would get a kick out of that book cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Los-Angeles-Kings-Burger-King-Jersey-1996-Gretzky-CCM-L-/170618843966?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27b9acf33e

BK jersey. Guy says free shipping if it closes for over $200, so for anyone willing to shell out a 2 spot for one of these, offer that to him!

Is $300 too much for a Whalers jersey?

Whalers authentic

I would love to find one of those in a 52-56

http://cgi.ebay.com/Los-Angeles-Kings-Burger-King-Jersey-1996-Gretzky-CCM-L-/170618843966?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27b9acf33e

BK jersey. Guy says free shipping if it closes for over $200, so for anyone willing to shell out a 2 spot for one of these, offer that to him!

###### that would be mine but i got a good feeling its going to go for ALOT ( i would go a decent amount but not going overboard).

:lol:

I once had Owen Nolan sign a Colorado Avalanche puck. A few weeks after he got traded to San Jose. Needless to say I know better than to do that again. :lol:

Proof, you say?

img

For the record, we don't all hate Jeff Carter. Also, I think someone on the HFBoards who is a Photoshop wizard was able to get this following poster signed by Arron Asham.

AshamWow.jpg

I think most hockey players have a good sense of humor about some of the random stuff they sign. I once got a warm-up puck tossed to me by Scott Hartnell for dressing as Hartnibal at a Halloween game following the Letang incident last year. Then I was able to get it signed afterward. Hartnell's lighter side is also highlighted by the Scott Fartsmell story.

For the record, we don't all hate Jeff Carter. Also, I think someone on the HFBoards who is a Photoshop wizard was able to get this following poster signed by Arron Asham.

AshamWow.jpg

HA HA. :thumbsup:

I'm not gonna bid on it cause I only get jerseys of my team but I really like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Providence-Bruins-game-worn-used-hockey-jersey-Alt-/130499408125?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e625ef0fd

That LaFontaine jersey looks suspicious. Three block CCM with no NHL shield on hem means it should be from 1989-90. The crest does not match up with these game-worns 89-90 Turgeon white and 89-90 Mogilny blue. The swords look thin and the line below the bison was still almost centered at the time. Also it would normally have a Maska paper size tag with the size written in pen. I've never seen that CCM tag sewn onto the back neck before. The size stub is unusually centered and it has the font used circa 1999-2000.

2 more jerseys.

LaFontaine Sabres jersey

Flames authentic

Would the name be able to come out of the Flames jersey?

I think that Flames jersey is pretty much ruined. the only way you may be able to get those letters off is if they are heat pressed, not screened. I'd be worried if you put a nameplate over that they would show through because of the white nameplate.

I think that Flames jersey is pretty much ruined. the only way you may be able to get those letters off is if they are heat pressed, not screened. I'd be worried if you put a nameplate over that they would show through because of the white nameplate.

How do you get heat pressed off ??

I'm guessing I'm going to avoid that jersey.