DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

just snagged this north stars for 150. North Stars what do you guys think? Good deal? Plan is to be a Modano.

It should be seeing most North Stars jerseys are super high prices from the ones I've seen.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the number font is wrong, but I'm no expert on Jackets stuff.

Font wise its right I believe but I know its not kiss cut.

The fonts are good and the jersey looks good. However, it looks as if the customization was done directly by Stahl's, in which case the numbers may be embroidered in instead of the zig-zag stitching. I'd ask for a pic of the inside of the numbers to make sure, unless you'd plan on keeping it as a Nash and wouldn't be concerned about stripping it down the road.

just snagged this north stars for 150. North Stars what do you guys think? Good deal? Plan is to be a Modano.

I saw that too. My only problem was the "well worn" description, and the price. I hope it works out.

I've been wanting a Lidstrom for awhile, but I'm a 52 and this is a 56. Probably won't do much other than hang on my wall though, is this a good enough deal to buy 2 sizes to big?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250882529733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

41 bids? That's a really nice jersey, but it's not nice enough to have 41 bids. Shill bidding. And for some reason I remember that seller's name from the past. And I usually remember them if they have sweet jerseys or they're shill bidders.

41 bids? That's a really nice jersey, but it's not nice enough to have 41 bids. Shill bidding. And for some reason I remember that seller's name from the past. And I usually remember them if they have sweet jerseys or they're shill bidders.

I don't know, but I think the guy selling the jersey is a member here.

Thanks for the input guys.

Your going for the size 50 right? Im gonna do my best to snag the size 54 he has listed...does everyone think that 54 Nash looks good as well? As far as i can tell they are identical.

I don't think that's shill bidding; it only sold for $103.50 (a deal IMO).

Shill bidding is normally something arranged by a user with fake accounts to push the price up much higher.

If you look at the bids, someone with (235) feedback (probably not a shill bidder) bid starting at $20, then got overtaken at $30 (after some $2 increments), so he bid higher and then only got overtaken at $89 (and the whole way along it's only $2 increments again)

The next person who got a bid in has (7) feeback (total ebay rookie). I would bet 235 bid up to $88 (not too high), and Mr. (7) just kept increasing the bid by $2 bucks until he eventually beat it.

Then, at the last minute, we naturally see those who're trying to snipe.

If Mr. (7) was a shill bidder, he's not very good at it, lol.

I got that Lidstrom jersey.

I lost out on a Jagr jersey at the last minute, so I decided to wait and bit with only a couple minutes left. Placed my bid and found out I wasn't the highest bidder, so I increased it only slightly and took the lead. I think there was 12 mins left or so, but I told myself if I get beat out I won't go any higher.

I was actually surprised no one came out and beat me in those last 12 mins.

I was actually surprised no one came out and beat me in those last 12 mins.

^ So was I. But hey, you got yourself a sweet jersey for a good price. I'll be mailing it out today.

And no, there wasn't any shill bidding. Almost all of the auctions I put up had obnoxiously large amounts of bids at $1 and $2 increments. <_<

And no, there wasn't any shill bidding. Almost all of the auctions I put up had obnoxiously large amounts of bids at $1 and $2 increments. <_<

I've never understood why some people bid that way. You're basically telegraphing what your max bid is to all other bidders.

I've never understood why some people bid that way. You're basically telegraphing what your max bid is to all other bidders.

Some people do that to sniff out what a user's max is without beating them....then snipe that at the last second.

Some people do that to sniff out what a user's max is without beating them....then snipe that at the last second.

That makes sense, I guess. But usually it seems those who do that have little or no user feedback, so I figure they're just noobs. I just end up sniping them at the end- works every time...

It may be a useful tool for buyers, but from a seller's perspective, it can be a real buzzkill to see 30 bids and the item stuck at $40.

Yeah it can be....always puzzles me.....but some people do it for whatever their reasoning is.....

Patches look too high, but that may be camera angle.

Don't know how easy it is to move patches.

Name is incorrectly on a plate.

Relatively easy fix.

Its about time for some more places to start clearing out old stock Edge jerseys. Where the deals at?

Ive been looking around and cant find anything, i know its gotta be soon. And Brandon let me know about that Bears jersey.

I don't know how often these jerseys come along, but it should be a good deal, but the nameplate might be of wrong material.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAUL-KARIYA-AUTHENTIC-NIKE-TEAM-CANADA-GAME-JERSEY-52-/250889913525?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a6a3444b5

I don't know how often these jerseys come along, but it should be a good deal, but the nameplate might be of wrong material.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAUL-KARIYA-AUTHENTIC-NIKE-TEAM-CANADA-GAME-JERSEY-52-/250889913525?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a6a3444b5

I'm watching his Selanne Finland jersey. I most likely won't buy it, since I really have no use for it other than it being a beautiful jersey, but I have a habit and I like to watch things.

I've been looking at this one for awhile, it's the same seller who sold that nice white Roy jersey a few weeks ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300588850708?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm hoping not to spend that much on a St Louis Joseph though, as I also plan on getting an Oilers Jospeh. Can anyone tell me the difference between that one and this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350484476050?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Obviously lots of noticeable differences between the two, is the cheap just a replica and the 250 is legit? That's what I'm leaning towards. Thanks for any help.