It arrived today

lafountain

I can't stand Dustin Brown (but would love him if he played for my Avs. :D ) Those Kings thirds are pretty nice. I've liked them all along. Great pickup man.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Kings adopt this jersey as their home jersey and abandon the purple all together. It would be easy to create the white version of this 3rd jersey.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my newest addition off Ebay:

2008 Evgeni Malkin NHL ASG jersey; an authentic that I picked up for $59.99.

Sorry if the pics are not the best. I am not a pro photographer; nor do I play one on TV.

Ooo nice. What seller did you get it from? Basic link to the auction works I suppose. :)

Well, everyone, I have yet another arrival but I got lucky on this one:

This is a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Jean-Michel Daoust game worn warm up jersey from this year. I got it in a raffle sponsored by the Booster Club. They'd been raffling it off all month and I found out at tonight's game that I won. I've been trying to enter jersey raffles at the Baby Pens games for a few years and this is my first win!

This does not have a ton of wear seeing as it's only a warm up jersey, but here it is:

Daoustfront.jpg

Daoustback.jpg

ETA: In case anyone is confused, the correct pronunciation of that player's name is Dah-Woo.

IMGA0272.jpg

A little better picture.

They showed a Lake Erie game tonight on Fox Sports Ohio and they were wearing their third. I really liked the design until I saw it in a game. They wear black pants, black gloves, black helmets and mostly black socks - it really hurts what I think is a great 3rd jersey. Also it seems weird the numbers on the back are blue not maroon. The only color is the small amount of maroon on the sleeves and a small stripe on the socks - everything else is black.

They showed a Lake Erie game tonight on Fox Sports Ohio and they were wearing their third. I really liked the design until I saw it in a game. They wear black pants, black gloves, black helmets and mostly black socks - it really hurts what I think is a great 3rd jersey. Also it seems weird the numbers on the back are blue not maroon. The only color is the small amount of maroon on the sleeves and a small stripe on the socks - everything else is black.

In person, the blue, with maroon and white trim, numbers really help that jersey. I sit 4 rows behind the net and get a good look at the details on both the Monster's and the visitor's uniforms. I am not a fan of this jersey, it is way too black. When they wear those, and tonight was just the second time they have, it makes me really appreciate their standard jerseys, which I believe are far, far, superior. Some people just have an issue with the fact that the secondary "M" logo is on the chest on the home and road, and not the main logo. I don't. It makes them unique. The third jersey is just another black jersey with a lace-up collar.

BTW, they are only selling replicas of the third, no authentics.

Malkinjersey.jpg

Malkinback.jpg

Sorry if the pics are not the best. I am not a pro photographer; nor do I play one on TV.

Planning on adding a Penguins patch on the shoulder?

Planning on adding a Penguins patch on the shoulder?

Didn't even think about that. I'll have to try to find one. I can't sew though so I'm gonna have to iron it!

It is too black,but I like that logo far better than just the M they have. Just need to tweak the rest of the jersey a bit,but I'd like to grab one.

Didn't even think about that. I'll have to try to find one. I can't sew though so I'm gonna have to iron it!

Yes you have to iron it to make the patch stay in place before sewing. Just take it to you local tailor. Tell him to zig-zag- stitch it onto the jersey. It's a 2 minute job and probably costs you less than $5. Please don't make any iron experiments on that beauty, some patches would stick right away, others don't and it makes you iron the patch longer and that might lead to melting the jersey.

Nice jersey you got in the Malkin, I got a blank one myself that I plan on eventually getting customized into a Kovalchuk.

Well, everyone, I have yet another arrival but I got lucky on this one:

This is a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Jean-Michel Daoust game worn warm up jersey from this year. I got it in a raffle sponsored by the Booster Club. They'd been raffling it off all month and I found out at tonight's game that I won. I've been trying to enter jersey raffles at the Baby Pens games for a few years and this is my first win!

This does not have a ton of wear seeing as it's only a warm up jersey, but here it is:

Daoustfront.jpg

Daoustback.jpg

Congrats on winning the raffle! That's a sharp looking jersey. I entered raffles like that for years at Indianapolis Ice games as a kid and never had any luck until I went to buy a game worn jersey from the team. Those things can be so frustrating, I'm glad to see someone had luck with them!

My two latest custom jobs:

Predatorscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

redatorscirca1999bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

guinscirca1996Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

uinscirca1996bStarterauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm happy with how they came out. I may redo the Pens nameplate though. It looks slightly crooked to me.

I'm happy with how they came out. I may redo the Pens nameplate though. It looks slightly crooked to me.

That's beautiful Lemieux jersey Brilliant!

In person, the blue, with maroon and white trim, numbers really help that jersey. I sit 4 rows behind the net and get a good look at the details on both the Monster's and the visitor's uniforms. I am not a fan of this jersey, it is way too black. When they wear those, and tonight was just the second time they have, it makes me really appreciate their standard jerseys, which I believe are far, far, superior. Some people just have an issue with the fact that the secondary "M" logo is on the chest on the home and road, and not the main logo. I don't. It makes them unique. The third jersey is just another black jersey with a lace-up collar.

BTW, they are only selling replicas of the third, no authentics.

Now they are selling authentics. The team decided last week to sell all jerseys, replica and authentic "buy 1 get 1 free". The third replicas were gone by Friday. Today, Sunday, the authentic thirds finally showed up. Strange timing, on a Sunday and at the end of a 7 game in 11 day homestand.

Excellent job!

I can't wait to post my Pens WC jersey when it's done!

I love that Ronning. The Preds jerseys have really grown on me - I think part of it is their numbering. For lack of a better term, the font screams "NASCAR" to me - but I think it looks really good given their more modern jersey styles.

I love that Ronning. The Preds jerseys have really grown on me - I think part of it is their numbering. For lack of a better term, the font screams "NASCAR" to me - but I think it looks really good given their more modern jersey styles.

I never really noticed how sharp the '7' looks on preds jerseys.

Cool choice with Cliff Ronning.

He was with the Wild for a time. I went to a game on New Year's Eve and he was named the #1 star of the game. He came out with a stick and tossed it into the crowd - right to me and my wife. I was excited and wanted too see how the stick was labeled with his name, so I spun the wooden stick around only to find...

"#18 PARK" :o

A few weeks later I got to meet him at a personal appearance and asked him "Why did you throw Richard Park's stick?"

He said "Well, I use composite sticks that are $150 apiece and the team doesn't like me to give those away so I throw a wood one."

I had him sign the stick "Cliff Ronning #1 Star 12-31-02" just to connect Park's stick to him and the story.

Cool choice with Cliff Ronning.

He was with the Wild for a time. I went to a game on New Year's Eve and he was named the #1 star of the game. He came out with a stick and tossed it into the crowd - right to me and my wife. I was excited and wanted too see how the stick was labeled with his name, so I spun the wooden stick around only to find...

"#18 PARK" :o

A few weeks later I got to meet him at a personal appearance and asked him "Why did you throw Richard Park's stick?"

He said "Well, I use composite sticks that are $150 apiece and the team doesn't like me to give those away so I throw a wood one."

I had him sign the stick "Cliff Ronning #1 Star 12-31-02" just to connect Park's stick to him and the story.

That's a very nice story. :)