It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Coyotes jersey. Easily one of the best of the new era.

look at the top of the nhl section in our forum. Wolf put up a CAW sale, basically 30% off an authentic. Not bad, not the best but still decent. Better bang for your buck probably is customized replica because of the dollar difference between 20% and 30% off deal.

EDIT - it's at the top of the main page for our forum.

Thanks man! I just ordered a customized Blues 3rd. With the 30% coupon, I saved 114$, pretty good eh? Total: 303$CAD. I also save on shipping because I always go get the jerseys myself (being in Montreal). I couldn't even find a better deal on ebay! :P

Man those coupons came at a bad time for me. I put myself on a restraining order to not buy a jersey for awhile. I'd ask who's going to make sure I restrain myself, but I'm afraid I may only be encouraged. LOL. :thumbsup:

Man those coupons came at a bad time for me. I put myself on a restraining order to not buy a jersey for awhile. I'd ask who's going to make sure I restrain myself, but I'm afraid I may only be encouraged. LOL. :thumbsup:

Awwww come on! Just one!! :lol:

Is the lettering really single colored on the gamers? I never took a real look at it.

Yep, it is.

Really nice jersey that Desert, and seriously quick work too :lol:

I've already used the CAW coupon, got it in the email at work today and I don't take much persuading. Get quite a good exchange rate on the Canadian dollar at the moment too.

Prime opportunity to get that Malkin jersey your sig says you want WBS (I'm hoping for some commission from IJs ;))

Or a Colby Armstrong Thrashers...but he's a UFA after this year so probably not.

Matthew hasn't even worn the third jersey yet, so I could be the first ever with one. 3rd jerseys are worn during Saturday home games; this Saturday will be the first time it will be on the ice. We share last names and birthdays, so it had to be done. B)

lombardi15.jpg

VERY NICE! Like I told ya, it was fate they'd end up with a Lombardi on the team. ;)

Or a Colby Armstrong Thrashers...but he's a UFA after this year so probably not.

He'll go back to Pittsburgh to be with his friend Sidney!

Yes, I do. :thumbsup:

Allright!.......seems there are many different ways the letters for the penguin jerseys to look, with or without holes in the letters, where do you get the correct ones from? if that is even possible...?......just curious......

Got this jersey recently

dsc02486.jpg

w1280.png

dsc02488x.jpg

w1280.png

I have to admit I really prefer the pre edge version of the pens jersey. I like the "triangle" theme and I like that their former logo is used as a shoulder patch.

I'm happy with that jersey because we rarely see the correct skinnier 'A' on pens jerseys.

Do you know if the place where you got this one from, has them in size 56.....?

Allright!.......seems there are many different ways the letters for the penguin jerseys to look, with or without holes in the letters, where do you get the correct ones from? if that is even possible...?......just curious......

I'd try EPS. They do pretty good work and they also do reverse kiss cut style kits

I'd try EPS. They do pretty good work and they also do reverse kiss cut style kits

That's good to know - I know that BurnabyJoeSakic was inquiring on another board about trying to find someone who could do kiss cut work. I think he tried Triple Threat and then tried calling the place that does the Avs jerseys in Colorado and had no luck.

Do you know if the place where you got this one from, has them in size 56.....?

No no I bought it from thebiggoalie, on the forum :)

reverse kiss ?????....i only know the one from Spider-man..... :stickhndl:

Wasn't that more of "reverse lick"?

But I really wonder why it's called reverse kiss cut. Who came up with that label (http://www.dict.cc/?s=bezeichnung) ?

They reverse the layering of the twill for teams with double and triple-layer lettering(for triple-layers it only works with two layers being the same color). For the double-layering, instead of sewing the smaller size on top of the larger one, both colors are cut to fit the same exact size but the bottom color is cut thin to form an edge around the bottom color giving the illusion of layering without using as much twill. For the triple-layering though, the top layer is cut to size and then the 'middle layer' is to fit inside of the top but is shrunk to the exact size that it is removed from the outer layer. It's hard to explain but it really does looks cool when you see it up close. I'll try to make a picture to describe it better. I guess they're trying to cut back on the weight of the custom kits by eliminating twill.

They reverse the layering of the twill for teams with double and triple-layer lettering(for triple-layers it only works with two layers being the same color). For the double-layering, instead of sewing the smaller size on top of the larger one, both colors are cut to fit the same exact size but the bottom color is cut thin to form an edge around the bottom color giving the illusion of layering without using as much twill. For the triple-layering though, the top layer is cut to size and then the 'middle layer' is to fit inside of the top but is shrunk to the exact size that it is removed from the outer layer. It's hard to explain but it really does looks cool when you see it up close. I'll try to make a picture to describe it better. I guess they're trying to cut back on the weight of the custom kits by eliminating twill.

My Nike Kariya Ducks 3rd from the year 98-99 is like that! I really prefer the other way though.

As for the term "kiss cut" I first heard it when I was working a printing company. The best example is a sheet of stickers. You want to cut the top layer, but not the bottom layer (so you can peel the top sticker layer off). So it's a "kiss" cut - it doesn't cut all the way through both layers.