It arrived today

lafountain

Yeah I thought that was just wrong. I'm scared of saying I'm looking for a particular jersey because of this guy now.

Naww dude be be scared..i am not that bad of a person..you have a pm

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This came on Tuesday, but I just picked it up today. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins John Curry away replica jersey. Curry is probably the best goaltending prospect in the Pens system right now and could possibly be Fleury's back up next year. I prefer Curry to Fleury, but that's another story. Anyway...here it is.

Curryfront.jpg

Curryback.jpg

Nice pickup - I've always liked the WBS jerseys - the red accents and "tougher" penguin logo look cool. I keep trying to get my buddy who's a huge Pens fan to pick up a baby pens jersey, but he doesn't have the jersey collecting bug like I do.

As for Fleury, he's a good young goalie, but I'd respect him more if he'd shave that stupid "soul patch" off his chin.

8470594.jpg

No i am turning that one into a Smyth #94 with a 25th ann patch on it and keep it since i am starting to collect authentics except for the rare alt jersey's..

But that wasn't your original intention. Your one post was edited from what it originally was where you wanted that guy to make you an offer after you sniped that jersey out from under him, and JeffB called you out on that. You can spin this all you want, but it really was a very poor move on your part.

But that wasn't your original intention. Your one post was edited from what it originally was where you wanted that guy to make you an offer after you sniped that jersey out from under him, and JeffB called you out on that. You can spin this all you want, but it really was a very poor move on your part.

I bought it before i knew he wanted it and i was going to give it to him for the exact same price i paid for it so it would be fair on both parts..i wouldent be gaining any money..i will admit i should have told him it was on ebay before i bought it but some other guy could have bought it..my bad <_<

This came on Tuesday, but I just picked it up today. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins John Curry away replica jersey. Curry is probably the best goaltending prospect in the Pens system right now and could possibly be Fleury's back up next year. I prefer Curry to Fleury, but that's another story. Anyway...here it is.

Curryfront.jpg

Curryback.jpg

Very cool! I also like how the red looks with the Pens colors on those.

Very cool! I also like how the red looks with the Pens colors on those.

The WBS Pens are going to have one of the most interesting, and complex, jersey histories of any team going. They have had some really, really attractive and creatively inspired jerseys. Perhaps too many, but good looking nonetheless.

Even when they started out with this beauty,

2610997360100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

they changed the numbering style for the first four years of it's use every year. :rolleyes:

The WBS Pens are going to have one of the most interesting, and complex, jersey histories of any team going. They have had some really, really attractive and creatively inspired jerseys. Perhaps too many, but good looking nonetheless.

Even when they started out with this beauty,

2610997360100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

they changed the numbering style for the first four years of it's use every year. :rolleyes:

(My 1000th post :thumbsup: )

Where on earth did you get that Blue Cross patch? I'm still looking for one to add to my Lemieux jersey.

Yowza! I got a nice one yesterday:

rscirca2008CCMVintageauthentic-vi.jpg

scirca2008bCCMVintageauthentic-vi.jpg

Worn during the banner raising ceremony and warm-ups on Adam Graves Night. Excellent!

(My 1000th post :thumbsup: )

Where on earth did you get that Blue Cross patch? I'm still looking for one to add to my Lemieux jersey.

I printed it myself. I thought you'd seen it before. It's not embroidered, it's printed onto twill and then sewn on the jersey.

2347754500100337552S600x600Q85.jpg

Brilliant, love the Sjostrom.

That's the second of those jerseys I've seen (the CCM Rangers authentics from Graves night) where did you get it?

I got it from MSG Collectibles. I had a connection that got me the jersey for about 40% off so I basically had to get it. It came in a really nice display box too. I liked these jerseys better than the ones they wore for the game anyway.

I got it from MSG Collectibles. I had a connection that got me the jersey for about 40% off so I basically had to get it. It came in a really nice display box too. I liked these jerseys better than the ones they wore for the game anyway.

Yeh I saw someone else on another board that picked up Rosival's jersey. The display box looked awesome.

Yowza! I got a nice one yesterday:

rscirca2008CCMVintageauthentic-vi.jpg

scirca2008bCCMVintageauthentic-vi.jpg

Worn during the banner raising ceremony and warm-ups on Adam Graves Night. Excellent!

Nice Sjostrom! I spy a Vintage tag in the neck of that jersey. That's a nice pickup. I miss those mid-90s Rangers styles (even though they've not changed it much...haha).

Well, it didn't arrive today, I picked it up from the guy, but I'm STOKED non the less!

After months of searching, I finally got a 1991-1992 Lemieux authentic 3-patch jersey:

EBAY067.jpg

EBAY069.jpg

EBAY083.jpg

EBAY086.jpg

Size 52 which is a tad large, but this was something I just couldn't pass up. I'm actually really surprised at how well I do fit into a 52. It's obviously made for a much larger man than I, but it doesn't look ridiculous on me, so for that I am extra happy. The old 'angry' skating Penguin is absolutely amazing to see in person. I love it more than I can even explain...the chest crest is so beautifully done. I wish they made the crests as nice today; it just has this texture to it that looks and feels so cool.

Now hoping to get it signed (which might possibly happen... :blink:)!!

*Edit*

Kinda funny how I was waiting patiently for my 25th post so that I could post a request in the Trade thread about this very jersey. Ironic how my 25th post is reporting that I got the very jersey I was looking for. I just noticed. :)

EXCELLENT! I love it. That is a beauty. Now you just need a piece of black ultrafil to put the 1992 Stanley Cup Finals patch onto and sew it over the 75th anny patch!

EXCELLENT! I love it. That is a beauty. Now you just need a piece of black ultrafil to put the 1992 Stanley Cup Finals patch onto and sew it over the 75th anny patch!

I know! The guy I bought it from is actually emailing me a scan of the ultrafil swatch he has for the Chicago jerseys so that I have an accurate pattern to follow. To get that done, touch up the name plate a bit (two letters are fading a tad) and get it signed....I couldn't even imagine what the thing would be worth.

Anyone know where I could get a swatch of black ultrafil for a decent price (ie not get ripped off)? Did a quick Google search but found absolutely nothing.

Well, it didn't arrive today, I picked it up from the guy, but I'm STOKED non the less!

After months of searching, I finally got a 1991-1992 Lemieux authentic 3-patch jersey:

EBAY067.jpg

EBAY069.jpg

EBAY083.jpg

EBAY086.jpg

Size 52 which is a tad large, but this was something I just couldn't pass up. I'm actually really surprised at how well I do fit into a 52. It's obviously made for a much larger man than I, but it doesn't look ridiculous on me, so for that I am extra happy. The old 'angry' skating Penguin is absolutely amazing to see in person. I love it more than I can even explain...the chest crest is so beautifully done. I wish they made the crests as nice today; it just has this texture to it that looks and feels so cool.

Now hoping to get it signed (which might possibly happen... :blink:)!!

*Edit*

Kinda funny how I was waiting patiently for my 25th post so that I could post a request in the Trade thread about this very jersey. Ironic how my 25th post is reporting that I got the very jersey I was looking for. I just noticed. :)

AWESOME JERSEY!!! CONGRATS!

How much did it cost you? Was it through ebay?

Anyone know where I could get a swatch of black ultrafil for a decent price (ie not get ripped off)? Did a quick Google search but found absolutely nothing.

Tough. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Maybe find a cheap jersey on eBay and harvest the material? I don't know. I'm in the same dilemma though because I want to put the Coupe Stanley patch onto my red Canadiens jersey but I need the red square of material.

AWESOME JERSEY!!! CONGRATS!

How much did it cost you? Was it through ebay?

$325. I actually stumbled upon a game-worn Jimmy Paek jersey on Ebay and happened to ask the seller (http://myworld.ebay.com/rock8411/) if he had any non-game-worn authentic jerseys from that era. He said he was literally JUST about to put it up on ebay and we worked out a private deal with local pickup since we only live about 20min from one another. I'm really stoked. Though +$300 is a price I normally would never pay for a jersey (love finding steals on ebay), I feel I made yet another steal since the thing is so ###### rare to find. It hurt the pocket book when I took the cash out of the bank, but I felt all better about 15min later when he handed me the jersey. lol :)

If you are looking for historical Penguins jerseys and/or Game-Worn Penguins jerseys, this guy is the guy to bookmark on Ebay. I got to see his game-worn Paek jersey in person (SO COOL) today when we made the exchange, as well as some game-worn jerseys from the 60-70's and a pair of game-worn pants from the 90's. This guy is serious into this stuff, so keep him in mind. He's also one of the coolest and nicest guys I've ever met and probably the most knowledgeable when it comes to Penguins history - especially jersey history.

$325. I actually stumbled upon a game-worn Jimmy Paek jersey on Ebay and happened to ask the seller (http://myworld.ebay.com/rock8411/) if he had any non-game-worn authentic jerseys from that era. He said he was literally JUST about to put it up on ebay and we worked out a private deal with local pickup since we only live about 20min from one another. I'm really stoked. Though +$300 is a price I normally would never pay for a jersey (love finding steals on ebay), I feel I made yet another steal since the thing is so ###### rare to find. It hurt the pocket book when I took the cash out of the bank, but I felt all better about 15min later when he handed me the jersey. lol :)

If you are looking for historical Penguins jerseys and/or Game-Worn Penguins jerseys, this guy is the guy to bookmark on Ebay. I got to see his game-worn Paek jersey in person (SO COOL) today when we made the exchange, as well as some game-worn jerseys from the 60-70's and a pair of game-worn pants from the 90's. This guy is serious into this stuff, so keep him in mind. He's also one of the coolest and nicest guys I've ever met and probably the most knowledgeable when it comes to Penguins history - especially jersey history.

Hey man look at it this way, you didn't spend 325, you INVESTED 325$ in this beauty. You can always resell the item for the same price.

Congrats again!

Blurry, from one Pens fan to another, congrats on fulfilling your mission!

I'd actually like to get one of those Lemieux jerseys, but I'd be fine without all the patches. A legit one is too hard to find on Ebay though!

@Carl ~ Very, very good point. I actually said that very same thing to my girlfriend when she kinda groaned when I told her the price. haha

@WBS ~ Thanks, man!! Yes, this was the very first one I found through ebay that wasn't already signed (and even those don't tend to be authentic jerseys from the same era...they are the Heroes of Hockey line) such as the 66 Limited Edition "91 & 92 Cups" jerseys. I couldn't believe that someone actually had one that they were willing to move. I will say, though...I got pretty good at scrolling down the Ebay window at lightening speed, sifting through all the fakes without even having to open the pages. :stickhndl::lol:

Thanks again, guys! If it weren't for you all, I would have bought a fake one long ago and never known the difference. Not only that, but no one I know will get as excited about this as you all will. haha

I'll keep an eye out on Ebay for another one of these, though. There's still a few more I'm looking for and if I see one, I'll pass it along (or buy it if it's a quick sale and work out a trade/sale). :)

I printed it myself. I thought you'd seen it before. It's not embroidered, it's printed onto twill and then sewn on the jersey.

2347754500100337552S600x600Q85.jpg

How did you "Make" that patch? Care to make any more for us WBS collectors out there if the price is right?