It arrived today

lafountain

It is probably from 1991-92 then. He was drafted in 1990 by the Canucks and for 92-93 they changed the color scheme. I will take a closer look when I get home to see if it has been re-attributed. There isn't a good record of when he played in the pre-season for the Canucks. I know that he never played in a regular season game in the NHL. Nobody wore #34 for the Canucks during 90-91 or 91-92. You make a good point about the lack of a shield in 1989-90.

I was worried that it would be lower quality because it is a preseason but it is really nice. It also shows some great use so I am assuming it must have been recycled. The name is sewn as well instead of screened so that is a huge bonus

I like mystery jerseys, it will be fun to try to run down the history on this. I really wanted to get this style from before they shifted the colors for the 92-93 season

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This arrived today from eBay. Its a customized replica that I found for only $59.99. I thought it was a pretty good snag for that price.

DSCF2230.jpg

DSCF2232.jpg

DSCF2236.jpg

Take that "Size Tag" off the bottom and you have yourself a pretty nice jersey. Good catch for that price.

Here is the first of a deluge of Hockey jerseys I will be getting over the next month. I am excited.

1970-71 Sabres Rene Robert Home Jersey

3405915876_c77b2cf577.jpg

3405104431_74f8aa6bdd.jpg

I know that M&N screwed up the hem stripes but SportStitch nailed the customization. Thanks again!

3405116723_1aefb06aa1_o.jpg

1997 Austria World Championships B Pool Christoph Brandner jersey. Brander was the first Austrian born player to score a goal in the NHL in 2003-04.

2157749870100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2151026600100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

It is probably from 1991-92 then. He was drafted in 1990 by the Canucks and for 92-93 they changed the color scheme. I will take a closer look when I get home to see if it has been re-attributed. There isn't a good record of when he played in the pre-season for the Canucks. I know that he never played in a regular season game in the NHL. Nobody wore #34 for the Canucks during 90-91 or 91-92. You make a good point about the lack of a shield in 1989-90.

I was worried that it would be lower quality because it is a preseason but it is really nice. It also shows some great use so I am assuming it must have been recycled. The name is sewn as well instead of screened so that is a huge bonus

I like mystery jerseys, it will be fun to try to run down the history on this. I really wanted to get this style from before they shifted the colors for the 92-93 season

I thought I noticed more of a red and yellow color on the Canucks jerseys starting in 1992. I could've sworn I've seen that Neumeier jersey somewhere in my many travels on the net. Great pickup.

maverick024, nice pickup on the Gagner jersey.

I thought I noticed more of a red and yellow color on the Canucks jerseys starting in 1992. I could've sworn I've seen that Neumeier jersey somewhere in my many travels on the net. Great pickup.

maverick024, nice pickup on the Gagner jersey.

Thanks, I got it for what I feel is a decent price on eBay. They changed from Orange / deep yellow to Red / Brighter Yellow in 1992 to stand out more. I had been looking for an authentic from this style for awhile and would've paid this price for a retail jersey. I'm lucky I got a gamer. I think I'll be holding on to this jersey for a good while so hopefully you won't see it again for sale! :D

I am still working on running down the history of this jersey but can't see any evidence of re-attribution on the jersey so that still leaves the 1990 and 1991 pre-seasons as options. Nobody else wore 34 during this period so these two options present themselves. First, he accumulates pretty good wear during the pre-season and the jersey wear is original. Second, the wear occurred after the jersey changed hands to a collector (slightly less plausible but still possible) Unfortunately, I can't find pictures of the 1990 or 1991 pre-season.

Thanks, I got it for what I feel is a decent price on eBay. They changed from Orange / deep yellow to Red / Brighter Yellow in 1992 to stand out more. I had been looking for an authentic from this style for awhile and would've paid this price for a retail jersey. I'm lucky I got a gamer. I think I'll be holding on to this jersey for a good while so hopefully you won't see it again for sale! :D

I am still working on running down the history of this jersey but can't see any evidence of re-attribution on the jersey so that still leaves the 1990 and 1991 pre-seasons as options. Nobody else wore 34 during this period so these two options present themselves. First, he accumulates pretty good wear during the pre-season and the jersey wear is original. Second, the wear occurred after the jersey changed hands to a collector (slightly less plausible but still possible) Unfortunately, I can't find pictures of the 1990 or 1991 pre-season.

That jersey made me a Canucks fan when I started following the NHL in the early 90s. I saw a picture of David Bruce wearing that jersey and then I got a Canucks team card from the 90-91 Topps set and an Igor Larionov card and thought that those jerseys were two of the coolest things I'd ever seen. Eventually I need to add another one to my collection, as my original is one of the early CCM Maskas and I've long ago grown out of it. I was browsing through my cards once and noticed that the colors had changed, but had never seen it confirmed anywhere. Good Luck on finding the information about the jersey, its a very sharp piece.

After a long search for a pre-Edge red Devils authentic, I picked up two of these bad boys at a sports memorabilia store in Warren, NJ. Apparently, these were supposed to be worn by the team in 07-08 before they switched to the Edge crap. The owner of Meigray lives in Warren, and he had about 140 of these, so he sold them at a discount to the owner of this memorabilia store last week.

This is the first authentic NHL jersey I've owned, so I don't know too much about the tags and all that stuff, but the store owner said that the sleeve tags on these are one of the things that differentiate it from the regular retail authentics. The picture of the sleeve tag is below, in case anybody here can confirm or deny this. It also doesn't have the other tags that are normally on the sleeves of jerseys you'd see in a store. The one I took a picture of is the only tag hanging from the jersey.

You can also see where it looks like the Meigray tag was removed at the bottom of the jersey in the third picture.

Devils jersey

2235214060104519994EhmeMo_fs.jpg

sleeve tag

2656525900104519994DPYCcZ_fs.jpg

removed Meigray tag

2611467920104519994TKipzD_fs.jpg

For the 1998 NHL All-Star Game, which was the first game that featured the World vs. North America format all the players wore the flag from their home country on their club team jersey for the one and only time during the Skills Competition. In some cases, it was the only patch some players ever wore on that particular style of jersey, particularly Wayne Gretzky, as his Canadian Flag patch was the only patch he ever wore as a Ranger.

The World wore whites and the North Americans wore their darks.

Here is my Mats Sundin jersey as part of my collection of various jerseys from that day.

2829148610100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2597941610100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

In a matter of good timing, David Backes scored 4 goals vs. Detroit yesterday, so in his honor I get to debut one of my new arrivals. The triple disgraceful dazzle cloth (purple dazzle cloth at that), mad purple cow face Minnesota State jersey.

What an appalling jersey! :lol:

2207800900100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2234603020100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

In a matter of good timing, David Backes scored 4 goals vs. Detroit yesterday, so in his honor I get to debut one of my new arrivals. The triple disgraceful dazzle cloth (purple dazzle cloth at that), mad purple cow face Minnesota State jersey.

What an appalling jersey! :lol:

2207800900100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2234603020100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Pure coincidence that you happened to get a Backes jersey, but wow that thing is quite "interesting". Though if you chose to have his name put on it, I can see why you chose Backes. We know you like letters and patches and your only other choices for letters were Ryan McKelvie and Chad Brownlee

thanks just picked up another one moments ago cant wait for it to come in its another Lightning alternate jersey..got it for a great price too lol..I am on a roll with these rare jersey's and good prices lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250400729402

thanks just picked up another one moments ago cant wait for it to come in its another Lightning alternate jersey..got it for a great price too lol..I am on a roll with these rare jersey's and good prices lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250400729402

But just how many of each of the ugly 3 alts do you need? :unsure:

But just how many of each of the ugly 3 alts do you need? :unsure:

Seems like he wants to monopolize the market for those jerseys so he can then jack up the prices when he sells them. Gotta make money somehow! :lol:

Seems like he wants to monopolize the market for those jerseys so he can then jack up the prices when he sells them. Gotta make money somehow! :lol:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1447

See how this thread goes. There's your answer.

Yeah I thought that was just wrong. I'm scared of saying I'm looking for a particular jersey because of this guy now.

This came on Tuesday, but I just picked it up today. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins John Curry away replica jersey. Curry is probably the best goaltending prospect in the Pens system right now and could possibly be Fleury's back up next year. I prefer Curry to Fleury, but that's another story. Anyway...here it is.

Curryfront.jpg

Curryback.jpg

Naww i am gunna keep them and get them customized and put them in my collection :thumbsup:

No i am turning that one into a Smyth #94 with a 25th ann patch on it and keep it since i am starting to collect authentics except for the rare alt jersey's..

Yeah I thought that was just wrong. I'm scared of saying I'm looking for a particular jersey because of this guy now.

Naww dude be be scared..i am not that bad of a person..you have a pm