NHL Team Customizers

Does Blake's Sports Lettering still do the Stars' jerseys? If so, what do I need to do to place an order with them? I can't seem to find a website.

Also, did Cutting Edge Sports do the post-lockout pre-Edge Sens jerseys? I've got my eye on a decently-priced Sens alternate.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Blake's Sports Lettering still do the Stars' jerseys? If so, what do I need to do to place an order with them? I can't seem to find a website.

Also, did Cutting Edge Sports do the post-lockout pre-Edge Sens jerseys? I've got my eye on a decently-priced Sens alternate.

I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I'd assume so. I just called them, got a quote and sent in the jersey with a check. It has yet to come back though as I sent it recently. Prices vary depending on style (old, three layer or current, one layer) and 1 or 2 numbers.

Definitely agree with Angelo regarding EPS's workmanship and accuracy. They are still my general customizer of choice, but I would not use them for a 90's Hawks. I had 2 90's Hawks done by them, and their letters are too skinny, and some of the numbers have some minor issues as well.

Can't speak to EPS, but I can say CSL probably isn't the way to go, either. Unless you can catch them in a not so busy time to explain to them (and have them agree!), they'll likely just use the current font. I believe they cut their own twill in fairly small batches, though, so it may be possible. I suppose I can ask them tomorrow when I call for some other stuff and report back if y2gray wants.

I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I'd assume so. I just called them, got a quote and sent in the jersey with a check. It has yet to come back though as I sent it recently. Prices vary depending on style (old, three layer or current, one layer) and 1 or 2 numbers.

Do they take any form of payment other than checks? Paying via check isn't a problem but I want to make sure I've got other options available.

Has anyone had experience buying from the Blues' team store? I'm assuming they have all of their jerseys and it would be great to pick up a GI or gamer from a Blues goalie.

From what I've been told, Fanatics has taken over the blues gamers and added about 300% cost to them.

I keep seeing the same Carl Gunnarsson and Alex Steen gamers for auction that only get $300 (under their reserve price). I emailed them and they said they would cut me a deal and give me the Gunnarsson for $600 and Steen for $1200.

No thanks!

Do they take any form of payment other than checks? Paying via check isn't a problem but I want to make sure I've got other options available.

To be honest, I'm not sure. They mentioned cash in the mail to me, though that seems like a bad idea. Didn't ask about credit cards either.

Also, called CSL about old numbers. They said those fonts don't exist anymore because the machines they were made with also don't exist. They did acknowledge a difference, though. Also explained the letters being inconsistent in the past a bit better (short story: that's part of the reason they got rid of those machines). Any who, they said they wouldn't want to try to replicate the old stuff, as they can't guarantee it will be right.

To be honest, I'm not sure. They mentioned cash in the mail to me, though that seems like a bad idea. Didn't ask about credit cards either.

That's fine. I'd prefer to do credit but I can write a check as well.

Any idea about the 05-07 Sens?

Blake's only does checks, money orders, and cash. You can't pay by credit card.

OK, new question, and this is a stupid one which is why I'm posting it here rather than posting a new topic: do the respective customizers typically wash jerseys that are sent to them? I've got a couple of NWTs that I'd like to keep that way. I'm guessing the answer is no but I'd like to be absolutely sure.

Also, did CES do the Sens' pre-Edge jerseys?

No way the customizer would do anything like that that they weren't asked to do.

Sorry I can't answer your second question.

Also, did CES do the Sens' pre-Edge jerseys?

It seems that they did at some point, but it is unclear when they started and when they stopped.

However, I can answer your question in this way: I have had them do a few different Senators 6100 jerseys for me. One of which was a 2005-2006 white away jersey (which they did for me in 2013). Their font matched the font that the team used on the ice. Another, more recent time (last year), they did the black alternate jersey for me. The font was very close to what they used in 2006, but was not identical.

So the chances of me copping a camp or a scrub goalie jersey on the cheap are low then. Darn. They need to go all Wild Hockey Lodge and make their jerseys easily available. I don't even see a list of what they have.

Sorry I'm late on this but I was at the Blues team store today and it reminded me of this thread. Fanatics has taken over the regular season gamers. Sounds like the Blues team store will be getting the playoff gamers though. They did have quite a few jerseys from Traverse City but they were the older 2007-14 style and I'm not sure if any of them were goalies.

Does Custom Crafted still properly do that 1995-1997 Blues jerseys? That should have a vinyl layer right?

Does Custom Crafted still properly do that 1995-1997 Blues jerseys? That should have a vinyl layer right?

Vinyl yes. I had EPS do a Demitra for me and it turned out perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Who can do the Islanders 95-96 Home Jersey Properly? Did it use the same glacier twill New York Mets jerseys use?

To the best of my knowledge, that would be Cutting Edge Sports in Woburn, MA. And I do believe that those jerseys used glacier twill for their top layer.

Since the crew there has a tendency to kiss-cut their twills nowadays, be sure to specify that you want stacked twill when you place your order.

No- just since 2009. AIS/Sportsrobe did them prior to 2009, but Bob Halfacre (owner of Bobcat) worked for AIS and was in charge of lettering the Thrashers jerseys during the AIS years.

Edit: I don't think Bobcat has the pre-Edge (6100) Thrashers font on their computer, just the more recent Edge font.

Edited by LAK74

Alright, good to know. I'm on the verge of picking up an authentic Koho Thrashers alt and while I'm content to send my replica version off to EPS like all of my other replicas (once I find a good Dan Snyder memorial patch, that is) the authentic will have to get it directly from the source (once I find a second good Dan Snyder memorial patch, that is).

Just to be clear, let me just make sure I've got the customization sources right for my current and pending authentics.

Blackhawks Edge - City Sports Lettering

Senators pre-Edge alt - Cutting Edge Sports

Stars Edge and pre-Edge alt - Blake's Sports Lettering

Thrashers Koho - Bobcat Athletic

• 2 weeks later...

So, what's the process for sending an order to CSL? I just got my Hawks 2.0 from the Baron and I want to send it, along with my brother's 90s Hawks replica. Their website isn't particularly forthcoming in terms of custom order details.

I did this today, actually. I just enclosed a sheet with my contact info that said "2016 Stadium Series jersey - Seabrook/7, alternate A, Edge nameplate". They'll call you when it's done. My last order with them took about 3 weeks.

Careful with the 90's fonts, though, as evidenced by the "Should I send this back to CSL" thread this week.

My brother isn't a collector and his jersey is a replica. I won't quibble over details like that.

I will, however, want precision when it comes to my 2.0.

There's no such thing as being too specific when it comes to ordering with them.

I'd also recommend that in addition to a packing slip/cover letter, you affix a piece of paper (business card sized or so) with a paperclip to the jersey/hangtags, to further differentiate the two.

Make sure that you specify the edge nameplate.

Is there anything I need to specify to have EPS do a Sochi USA jersey properly? It's a replica, but I'd still like to get the customization right.

Speaking of EPS, has there been any word about the spring sale? I feel like it's getting a little too late in the year for a spring sale. Maybe they'll do something for the summer. I need that 20% for my Fisherman and black Caps, damnit.

I'm not looking for an NHL team customizer, but does anyone know who customizes the Halifax Mooseheads jerseys?

I will likely call the Antlers store to see if they know, but if someone knows who does it that would be great.

Did CSL do the Hawks' two WC and two SS jerseys? Also, were the numbers on the first WC/third jersey and the two SS jerseys anything other than the Hawks' standard layered twill?

I'm planning on picking up another Hawks jersey from JB and I'll be sending it and my white off to CSL.

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic