NHL Team Customizers

With Sportshaven, I think you'd be OK just mailing the jersey to them. I'll be sending them one within the next few days. Last time I talked to someone there about sending a jersey to them, they seemed really informal about it and didn't ask for my name or any jersey specifics; they just said go ahead and send us the jersey.

I had a Nike Wings done by EPS and the lettering was spot on in my opinion. I just really like that thick satiny twill that the Wings use on ice, and the one EPS gave me was thin and had a rather dull finish.

Edited by LAK74

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I don't have any other contact info for them besides their phone #, which you obviously have. Other than a few phone calls, I haven't really needed to contact them, but I agree it would be nice to have that e-mail address as an alternative.

Looking to get a Columbus third done. Is there anything special about how Bobcat does them that someone like EPS wouldn't get? I don't have anything else to send them, and I'd like to avoid sending out a single jersey unless there's a compelling reason to.

Did Blake's do the pre-Edge Stars jerseys? I've got a 1.0 to send to them but I've also got my eye on a really cheap (i.e., >$50) Mooterus on eBay so I'd like to make the shipping worthwhile and send more than one jersey.

Also, does CSL do the Rockford IceHogs? I'm assuming that they do since they're just rebadged Blackhawks jerseys, but if they're done elsewhere (like right down the road at EPS) I'd like to know.

Also, speaking of the Hogs, I have a bit of a conundrum. Since the Hogs confirmed via email what was already confirmed elsewhere - that their jerseys are Canadian and not Indos - should I go for the less expensive Reebok-branded version on eBay or go for the CCM-branded ones directly from their site? Hmm...

Edited by TheKevinShow

Also, speaking of the Hogs, I have a bit of a conundrum. Since the Hogs confirmed via email what was already confirmed elsewhere - that their jerseys are Canadian and not Indos - should I go for the less expensive Reebok-branded version on eBay or go for the CCM-branded ones directly from their site? Hmm...

Just depends on who you're going to put on it. There may not be a clear seasonal break in the tagging, either. I know my local team had a mix of Reebok and CCM on the ice as newer players joined the team.

Did Blake's do the pre-Edge Stars jerseys? I've got a 1.0 to send to them but I've also got my eye on a really cheap (i.e., >$50) Mooterus on eBay so I'd like to make the shipping worthwhile and send more than one jersey.

Also, does CSL do the Rockford IceHogs? I'm assuming that they do since they're just rebadged Blackhawks jerseys, but if they're done elsewhere (like right down the road at EPS) I'd like to know.

To answer your questions in order:

1.) Blake did a Mooterus for me, and it was 100%. All three Dallas Stars shirts he did for me were on the money.

2.) CSL, to my knowledge does not do the work for the IceHogs. My latest knowledge is that Exclusive does the work for them, since they're in the same town.

I knew I remembered seeing it on Twitter. The most logical answer is, in fact, the right answer.

So, that means that unless there's a significant difference between the font used by the Blackhawks and the IceHogs (I don't think there is, but correct me if I'm wrong) that EPS is a viable source for Blackhawks customization.

From what I have been told, they are being done by an individual in Orange County who used to be affiliated with Cutting Edge Sports West, and later with Monkey Sports.  But unless you know someone within the Ducks' equipment staff, you are not likely to ever find out a specific business location for this individual.

So, who is the next best option? I'm going to email the Gulls to see if I can find out who does their jerseys, but since they use the same style as the Ducks, I'm betting that I might get stonewalled. That next best option might be my only recourse when I snag a Gulls jersey.

Are you able to disclose who does the on-ice jersey customization for the team? I'm a collector and when I eventually get myself an authentic Gulls jersey, I'd like to have it  properly customized to on-ice specifications.

I just sent that to the Gulls. I await their response.

Well technically, they were done by AIS Uniform (Bobcat didn't exist then.).  Bobcat does currently have the font for that season though.

On 6/9/2016 at 11:50 PM, TheKevinShow said:

So, who is the next best option? I'm going to email the Gulls to see if I can find out who does their jerseys, but since they use the same style as the Ducks, I'm betting that I might get stonewalled. That next best option might be my only recourse when I snag a Gulls jersey.

Bobcat Athletic does the Gulls jerseys.

An addendum for the sake of accuracy- 2007/08 Thrashers lettering was layered. The switch to kiss-cut didn't occur until 2009/10, when Bobcat took over.

On 12/22/2012 at 10:57 AM, AngeloS76 said:

Team Lettering Sources (Current as of 10/19/2014)

Anaheim - Monkey Sports (2008-2012); Cutting Edge Sports West (2005-2008); AIS Custom Uniform (1994-2004)

Boston - Custom Crafted (1987-Pres); Stall and Dean (~Mid 1970s)

Buffalo – Jersey Express/Action Spot Sports (2006-2010; 2014-Pres); Big Bear Contract Embroidery (2011-2014); Exclusive Pro Sports (2000s?)

Calgary – Great Plains Cresting (2005-Pres)

Carolina – Exclusive Pro Sports (2002-Pres); Custom Crafted (1997-2006); Hartford Whalers Custom Crafted (1990-1996);

Chicago – Triple Threat Sports (2008-2014); City Sports Lettering (xx-2007; 2014-Pres) Gunzo's Sports(1980s)

Colorado – Denver Athletic (2000-Pres); Cutting Edge Sports (1996-2000)

Columbus - Bobcat Athletic (2009-Pres); John Gray (2008-2009); Cutting Edge Sports (2000-2008)

Dallas - Blake's Sports Lettering (1993-Pres); Steichen's Sports (1980's North Stars)

Detroit - East Side Team Sports (1985-1997); Sports Haven Pro Shop (1997-Pres)

Edmonton – Elite Sportswear (1998-Pres); RMC Sports Manufacturing (xx-1998)

Florida – Cutting Edge Sports (2014-Pres); Exclusive Pro Sports (2006?-2013); Cutting Edge Sports (1996-2006?)

Los Angeles – Bobcat Athletic (2008-Pres); AIS Custom Uniform (2000?-2008)

Minnesota – Heritage Embroidery and Design (2012-Pres); Cunningham's Sports (2000-2012)

Montreal - Cutting Edge Sports (1990s)

Nashville – Exclusive Pro Sports (2014-Pres); John Gray (2011-2014); Cutting Edge Sports (1998-2010)

New Jersey - Exclusive Pro Sports (2005-Pres); Custom Crafted (1990-2004); Gerry Cosby & Co. (1982?-1989?)

New York Islanders – Stitches NY (2007-Pres); Cutting Edge Sports (1995-2007)

New York Rangers – Arena Wear (xx-Pres); Gerry Cosby & Co. (1980s-1990s)

Ottawa – Cutting Edge Sports (1996-2004)

Philadelphia – Philly Express (2010-Pres); Ruberti's (~2000-2010)

Phoenix – Artcraft Sports Apparel (1996-Pres)

Pittsburgh – Pro Knitwear (2011-Pres); Cutting Edge Sports (2000-2009); Century Sports (1980s)

San Jose - Jersey Express/Action Spot Sports (?-Pres); Cutting Edge Sports (1994?-1997?); Custom Crafted (1991-1994?)

St. Louis – Liebe Athletic Lettering (2005-Pres); Custom Crafted (1990-2004)

Tampa Bay – Bobcat Athletic (2008-Pres); Cutting Edge Sports (1993-2008)

Toronto - Sports Lettering Company (2009-Pres)

Vancouver - Cutting Edge Sports & M.P. Embroidery (1997-1998)

Washington – Exclusive Pro Sports (2008-Pres); Cutting Edge Sports (1996?-2007)

Winnepeg - All Canadian Emblem (2011-Pres)

Apart from Anaheim, is this list still accurate? Also, any idea who currently does Ottawa and Montreal?

Edited by TheKevinShow

Inaccurate, unreliable, hastily put-together, sloppy formatting, just poor overall. Nobody should reference it, at any time, for any reason. They should ban the bozo who put it together too.

To actually answer your questions: Anaheim's listing is accurate, technically, since we have no f-ing idea who has done their work since 2012. As for Ottawa and Montreal, it beats me. Maybe some members from those areas have more information. I know that one member from Montreal posted earlier in this topic that the Bell Center team store used the same supplier as the team for their lettering orders. Not sure if that's still the case.

23 minutes ago, AngeloS76 said:

Inaccurate, unreliable, hastily put-together, sloppy formatting, just poor overall. Nobody should reference it, at any time, for any reason. They should ban the bozo who put it together too.

No one told me that. I have page 13 bookmarked, even!

So, who's the best alternate option for the Ducks' current uniforms?

Also, was there any significant font difference between the CCM/Koho and Reebok versions of Ottawa's 6100s? If not, I don't see why I can't just send my 6100 alt to CES.

Edited by TheKevinShow

1 hour ago, AngeloS76 said:

To actually answer your questions: Anaheim's listing is accurate, technically, since we have no f-ing idea who has done their work since 2012.

I can give you a bit more info on Anaheim's letterers.  I don't think Monkey Sports started until 2010/11.  Tags on jerseys from 2008-10 show Sublistitch as the letterer.  (I have pics if you need them.)  Some of the jerseys tagged and lettered by Monkey in 2011/12 were used during the next season- so in 2012/13 the Ducks actually used jerseys lettered by 2 different companies.  The Monkey ones were kiss-cut, and the ones lettered by the new customizer were layered.  

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic