It is good or not?

lafountain

Sakic is fake.. Autograph looks real though

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my.... i cant believe what im seeing. this jersey is a fake.. how do I know you ask? well I got it off ebay about a year and a half ago. discovered it was fake upon arrival and got a refund from the seller. he was in canada and never gave me money to send it back to him, so I never did. Just about 2-3 weeks ago I threw it in with old clothes for Goodwill and... there you have it.

Hmmm. Where do you live? The seller is based somewhere in Florida believe. Just wondering if maybe he picked it up at the Goodwill you're talking about

Sakic is fake.. Autograph looks real though

Enzo269,

What features of the jersey tell that it's a fake? I can't really tell with the stitching work and the fightstrap being that I can't see the inside of the jersey but I'm thinking it's as the seller says; just a replica. Could be that it was maybe modified by someone who thought they were being clever. If it's not even a CCM though I'd be sorta bummed

Its not your run of the mill China fake. Its a more advanced fake made by someone in North America, commonly referred to as a "Griffenfood special". Its the wrong materials (if you have a real Ultrafil you can tell right away) and the logo is not right. Otherwise its hard to tell via photos. It was the first time I was ever fooled. He definitely picked it up at Goodwill, no question.

Hi All

I'm new to the Hockey Jerseys and I'm getting a feel for what fake and what not. I've got a link which I'm pretty sure is fake however I'd like to get feedback from you guys as to why.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Boston-Bruins-81-PHIL-KESSEL-HOME-Jersey-Reebok-NEW-MIP-SIZE-52-/181158641289?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a2de57e89

Reasons I think it's fake :-

* Canada / CCM tag in the wrong spot (should be attached higher)

* Front Boston patch attached too high (patch seems poorly made)

* Stitching around collar is poor

* Shoulder patch look off (heat applied).

Anyway would be good to get some feedback to help in me learn.

Thanks

Hi All

I'm new to the Hockey Jerseys and I'm getting a feel for what fake and what not. I've got a link which I'm pretty sure is fake however I'd like to get feedback from you guys as to why.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Boston-Bruins-81-PHIL-KESSEL-HOME-Jersey-Reebok-NEW-MIP-SIZE-52-/181158641289?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a2de57e89

Thanks

Fake for sure!!!!

You can tell by the sewing and patches

Hi All

The easiest way to tell if a jersey is fake is often the fight strap. Fake jersey manufacturers often tend to struggle to make it look even remotely close for whatever reason. The fight strap on that jersey is just bad.

Here's what a fight strap attachment should look like on the inside (the rectangular piece of twill changes depending on jersey color). Notice the sewing pattern on the piece of twill and you can often tell if the jersey is fake even if you can only see the back outside of the jersey (by the bottom of the numbers) based on the stitching coming through the jersey:

SkfKTeI.jpg

Here's what that jersey's fight strap looks like:

MJS41Rr.png

Another huge warning sign with fake jerseys is bubbly/overly shiny lettering.

Also, on the picture of the inside of the jersey with the fight strap, you can see the interior stitching of the number. That white outline of backing material or whatever is often a bad sign. It's not 100% fake if you see that (nor real if you don't), but many fake jerseys seem to have that extra crud.

Hi, I'm hoping I can get some help figuring out what this jersey is...It's obviously supposed to be a 1996-97 Kings 30 Anniversary jersey, but it doesn't have the 30 year patch. Everything else looks, good, except I always thought the Starter and NHL logos looked like fakes, until I just saw this.http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=245 and mine looks just like this (as I said, minus the 30-yr patch) So what is it?..Authentic, Game Issue, or fake? A gift for Coach Robinson? I got this at a Los Angeles area thrift shop a few years ago, and have never been able to figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/befranklin3/library/96-97%20Kings%20Mystery%20Robinson

Hi All

Thanks

Everything already mentioned and also the tie-collar string. I have yet to see a real shirt with shoelace length collar ties

Everything already mentioned and also the tie-collar string. I have yet to see a real shirt with shoelace length collar ties

Very true, however the older "on ice" 6100 sweaters had considerably longer tie collar strings.

The 2.0's with very long tie collar strings is one of the dead giveaways that a jersey is fake.

Hi, I'm hoping I can get some help figuring out what this jersey is...It's obviously supposed to be a 1996-97 Kings 30 Anniversary jersey, but it doesn't have the 30 year patch. Everything else looks, good, except I always thought the Starter and NHL logos looked like fakes, until I just saw this.http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=245 and mine looks just like this (as I said, minus the 30-yr patch) So what is it?..Authentic, Game Issue, or fake? A gift for Coach Robinson? I got this at a Los Angeles area thrift shop a few years ago, and have never been able to figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/befranklin3/library/96-97%20Kings%20Mystery%20Robinson

I am guessing it is just an authentic, that is why it lacks the 30th patch found in the gamers.

I have seen several others at Staples Center, one lettered as Gene Carr stands out the most.

I have also seen one for sale on Ebay lettered as Vachon.

Great jersey none the less.

A thrift shop?????? That there is one of the rarest jerseys known to the collecting community and you find it at a goddam THRIFT SHOP??? I've been after that one for almost ten years now. ARRRRRRRGH!

A thrift shop?????? That there is one of the rarest jerseys known to the collecting community and you find it at a goddam THRIFT SHOP??? I've been after that one for almost ten years now. ARRRRRRRGH!

I guess I shouldn't mention it cost $11. So it's an authentic.. Is that the consensus? Weird that it was customized with the coaches name. Thanks for the help.

It's absolutely genuine. I believe that they non-patched jerseys were given to alumni since I have seen both a Rogie Vachon that Mike had mentioned a little higher up and now a Robinson one as well.

If you ever decide to part with it, look me up as I would GLADLY welcome it. Like I said, I've been looking for that style going on almost a decade now.

It's absolutely genuine. I believe that they non-patched jerseys were given to alumni since I have seen both a Rogie Vachon that Mike had mentioned a little higher up and now a Robinson one as well.

They must've been sold retail at one point.

I have seen a couple of them at Staples Center, the most recent lettered as Gene Carr.

I believe I have seen a blank as well.

Sorry to go off-topic, but this Forum can be very helpful.

Does anyone know where the HHOF Online store ships their orders from? Where is their warehouse located?

And for anyone with experience with them, how long did it take them to ship your order? How quickly did you receive your item?

Thanks for the feedback on the Boston jersey the more I look at real authentics the obvious it becomes.

Looks good to me. The first 2 seasons of the Edge, 2007-09, had the GW tag in the neck like that. Starting in 2009-10, the tag is only on the inside hem.

I'm thinking about purchasing a Home Authentic Indo-Edge Colorado Avalanche jersey (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161049074912&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123) as so far the price looks pretty reasonable and basically the only one in my price range at the moment. I know it's an Indo-edge but is it that much off compared to a 1.0 or 2.0?

Also, I noticed that for the 1.0 or 2.0 for the burgundy home avs jersey has two shades of red at the back of the jersey, but I got a pic from the seller of the indo-edge and the back seems to be one colour, does anyone know if that is that how it is actually supposed to be? Here is a link for comparison (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Avalanche-Authentic-Reebok-Edge-Jersey-7187A-NWT-Size-50-NHL-/171053926466?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27d39bc842) from someone on this board selling.

Here is a pic o the back of the indo-edge:

F5CpctB.jpg

Thanks

The indo edges are not the same material as the edge 1.0 or 2.0's that are made in Canada and the burgandy should be the same shade on the whole jersey. Here is a pic of a 1.0 and a 2.0 side by side. The O'Reilly is a 2.0 and the Foote is a 1.0

Hope it helps