It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It helps to familiarize yourself with the texture of the legit jersey materials. An Edge 1.0 isn't quite as rough-looking as it appears on the Bruins jersey. The triangular panel where the NHL shield is stitched on should be smooth looking with very fine parallel lines- the fake one looks almost corrugated. The size tag should be stitched directly under the Reebok neck tag. And the stitching in general on the fake looks pretty sloppy.

Yup, it's a 1.0.

The jersey in the auction is good, but it's clearly marked as a size 56, and shouldn't be anywhere near that big. Is that what the seller said the measurements were? A regularly sized 1.0 in a 56 should fit something like a 54 in a 2.0, except for the sleeve length.

Doesn't sound right to me. I don't think even a 60 1.0 would be as big as that. Something is wrong.

Can he send you a pic or two with a tape measure in the picture then you would see if he is measuring correctly

Aren't 2.0's much smaller than 1.0s?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDNEY-CROSBY-87-PENGUINS-2007-08-AUTHENTIC-AWAY-JERSEY-sz-56-w-2-PATCHES-NWT-/150999925492?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item23284c02f4 <---- a real 56 that is 25 inches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDNEY-CROSBY-87-PENGUINS-2007-08-AUTHENTIC-HOCKEY-JERSEY-sz-54-w-250-patch-/151065620739?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item232c367103 <---- 54 in the same style is 26 inches.

I'm just confused. It looks authentic, but the measurements don't add up. I don't want to go for a jersey that doesn't fit. I wear 52' in NBA authentics and 54 in NFL reebok authentics.

No, 2.0's fit bigger than 1.0's, except that the sleeves are a little shorter. The measurements for the dinglebears jerseys are much more realistic. Still though, when you measure from pit to pit you can get different readings depending on what part of the pit area you measure from. The sides of the jersey in the pit area flare outward, and width measurements could vary as much as a couple of inches depending on how you measure it.

I'm tired you already knew that haha. I have the exact same jersey in a 54 and I got 25 when I measured. Like LAK74 said though sometimes it's just a matter of where you measure.

Definitely not 29"!

Yea, retail 2.0's are kinda hard to find. There a couple blanks floating around ebay if you wanted to get it customized yourself. They are supposed to be producing some retail 2.0's I have heard this season so if you wait a little while a few should be had online. NHL.com has never carried 2.0's I believe.

So a 56 in 2.0 is 29" and a XXL premier is 30 1/2" (according to NHL.com

I don't think so. A 56 2.0 is around 27" at pit level.

Yea, retail 2.0's are kinda hard to find. There a couple blanks floating around ebay if you wanted to get it customized yourself. They are supposed to be producing some retail 2.0's I have heard this season so if you wait a little while a few should be had online. NHL.com has never carried 2.0's I believe.

Why so hard to find and why doesn't NHL.com produce them? Doesn't make sense? Too much $$$$? I've seen some authentics on NHL.com floating around, granted they're probably terrible quality.

I just measured a size 56 1.0 of mine and pit to pit it measured 25" and a size 56 2.0 pit to pit was 28"