It is good or not?

lafountain

Looks legit to me. It even has the right size (larger) crest that they switched to that season.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks legit to me. It even has the right size (larger) crest that they switched to that season.

The material does not seem mesh. Should I be concerned about it?

Also, on the neck line, it only says "52" as the jersey size. Is this all the authentic jerseys had on them? Shouldn't there be a CCM tag or something else there?

Thanks again.

Jerseys from the era were mostly ultrafil.

Nice, thanks. Last question before I pull out my card to buy this haha.

Is the red outlining of the numbers and the "A" too thick? They seem slightly off, but I may be biased looking for flaws

It's not supposed to be mesh; that jersey is made of ultrafil (smooth, very tightly knit polyester). There should be a Maska ultrafil tag in the neck, perhaps it was removed.

Nice, thanks. Last question before I pull out my card to buy this haha.

Is the red outlining of the numbers and the "A" too thick? They seem slightly off, but I may be biased looking for flaws

The red layer seems fine, at least to me. Compare with these 2 gamers from the same season:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=35&lotid=114

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=3&lotid=461

That Nords jersey is 100% legit and accurate. I know because I did it last year.

Alright sounds good. Thanks to both of you.

I'm going to try to get the jersey in blue, but if not, I think I will just settle for this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321155409143?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So to me it all looks good outside of possibly the fight strap? I am trying to find something wrong with it though since the price is so cheep haha.

It's good, and so is the fight strap.

Well, do you want me to tell you why it's authentic or do you want me to tell you what's wrong with it?

Ok so I saw this and decided to just jump on it, I am fairly sure it is real but wouldn't mind some reassurance. Lastly I tried to do some research on the pens mesh jerseys in terms of value but couldn't really find anything. Did I make a good buy? Don't be afraid to tell me to bang my head on the wall if it was a bad buy :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221252565700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

At first I thought the fight strap attachment looked weird but then I think the Starter meshes are supposed to be like that. I believe those jerseys are quite rare as well.

But please do not let that stop you from banging your head against the wall, maybe that will stop you from bad life choices like buying Penguins jerseys.

I know they are rare for sure which is the reason I decided to just go for it without being to sure, it already had 2 offers on it and had only been up for a limited time so I didn't want to chance it. Just hoping it's the real deal but it's hard to research since I can't find any real good pics to compare it to.

I'm sure it's fake and not an official replica. Despite the indicated replica 2XL size, it has authentic-style sleeve tags, a fight strap, and an old-style "Rbk" authentic type neck tag which hasn't been used for the past 4 years or so, but yet the jersey has a newer Reebok wordmark logo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Official-Reebok-Jonas-Hiller-Anaheim-Ducks-Premier-Home-Jersey-L-199-/310680444043?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4855ff5c8b

Looking at this Hiller jersey, can anyone tell if all layers of the lettering and numbering are stitched on? The seller lists it as authentic but from what I can see in the picture, the gold layer looks stitched but the white and black ones look screen-printed. I asked him about it and he insisted all layers are stitched. What do you guys think?

I agree with you; the "stitches" on the black and white parts look printed on. In fact, I'm even wondering if the gold thread was actually used to stitch the number to the jersey and the letters to the nameplate. I've seen heat-pressed numbers which had threads stitched into the border of the numbers BEFORE they were heat-pressed onto the jersey, to make it look like they were stitched on. It would be interesting to see a closeup photo of the inside of the back of the jersey. If there is a gold (or possibly black) bobbin thread visible then the number was stitched on, but if nothing is visible then the gold thread is just a sham stitch.

The factory custumized 550 replicas back in the day were stitched together layers of twill with a stitch around the edge, but then glued/pressed to the jersey. As LAK74 said you can always tell from looking at the inside of the jersey. From looking at the Hiller jersey I'm thinking that the case with this one as well (the gold stitch is just decorative and the numbers/letters are glued on).

I know they are rare for sure which is the reason I decided to just go for it without being to sure, it already had 2 offers on it and had only been up for a limited time so I didn't want to chance it. Just hoping it's the real deal but it's hard to research since I can't find any real good pics to compare it to.

I was one of the offers......good pick up there

The starter mesh penguins jerseys are hard to find.

That is a team-issued blank

When you get it, you will likely see a tag on the inside of the jersey that says it is made in Berlin, Wisconsin

Jerseys made for the team came from there

Starter authentics sold in stores either were made in El Salvador or Haiti.

The retail ones also state this on the size tag.

Just hoping it's the real deal but it's hard to research since I can't find any real good pics to compare it to.

This gamer looks like it should be just like yours.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=61&lotid=647