It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ebay.com/...8#ht_500wt_1204

This looks good to me, curve on the name looks right, and number font looks to be exact, but I'd like confirmation/thoughts from the experts here. I have a buddy who may bid. I responded that it looks to be done by a pro but I don't see a nameplate and also that the dazzle layer on the numbering looks a little muted and grey rather than silver and glittery. May be due to pics/camera, but I thought I'd ask for a few other eyes. Thanks everyone.

Is this real? I can see the indo edge collar and I'm thinking the numbers may just be a bad customization job. Thinking of getting it and stripping it. Maybe replace Dubi with Lundqvist.

Let me know if you guys think it's real. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NWT-New-York-Rangers-Hockey-Jersey-Dubinsky-REEBOK-Size-46-NHL-Embroidered-/150866067553?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2320518061#ht_500wt_922

FAKE!

I am not questioning if the following is good, but I do have a question: I am awaiting a blue CCM Rangers jersey to come back from EPS but here's something I noticed. The 'R' to start the crest which usually is right at the top of the right shoulder was a little lower and (I think)ever so slightly smaller. It is sewn on, and everything else checks out (double elbows, fight strap etc.) Has anybody else seen this?

I know this was mentioned on this board in the past, but the size tag is to the right of the CCM Maska tag.....the other one I have (with a Cosby's neck tag in addition to the CCM Maksa tag) has the size tag on the left. Does this mean anything?

I will post pics when it comes back.

I don't know what it specifically means, but here's a picture of two mesh CCM Rangers jerseys I picked up on eBay a year or so back (ignore the Edge in the middle)

rangers_trio.jpg

The left one is a 52, the right one is a 58. Notice the spacing difference on the RANGERS lettering. Also as Cygnus said, the size tags are on different sides.

I don't have any concerns that either are fake. My only concern was that both had Gretzky on them when I bought them. :noway:

On jerseys that have crests made of multiple letters, like the Rangers, I'm sure that it's normal for the letter placement to vary quite a bit from jersey to jersey. I have 2 CCM Pittsburgh diagonals that are the same size, but on one of them the "P" is placed just below the shoulder seam, and on the other the "P" starts 2 1/2" lower. Even the letters don't line up next to each other the same way in both jerseys.

that's frustrating especially if you see clips of the team wearing thier uniforms and you notice the differences. Life would be easier if I was a person who wears a Cancuks jersy that says "Gretzsky". and thought that was perfectly ok.

I just got the Darcy Hordichuk Canucks jersey like 10 minutes ago... it's awesome.

This son of a b**** has not ONE, not TWO, but THREE fight straps. I can take pics if anyone wants.

I've tried it on, the 58 works fine for me, and I think a 58+ or 58G would also do ok.

My only gripe is that I think 1.0's feel better on me, more of a 'silky' feeling, but this will do.

I just got the Darcy Hordichuk Canucks jersey like 10 minutes ago... it's awesome.

This son of a b**** has not ONE, not TWO, but THREE fight straps. I can take pics if anyone wants.

I've tried it on, the 58 works fine for me, and I think a 58+ or 58G would also do ok.

My only gripe is that I think 1.0's feel better on me, more of a 'silky' feeling, but this will do.

I wanna see.

You should post these in New Arrivals 6.0

Uhhhh ok sorry. I'll prob do that in a bit.

I'm a little bit pissed about something right now.... I just realized the PK Subban Replica I got from Hockeymonkey has no name plate. The letters are just sewn onto the jersey :-S

That's a pretty big botch isn't it? Then again, it's just a replica. I knew something was up with the lettering from the moment I saw it.

I don't even know if I should recommend Hockeymonkey anymore.

I just realized the PK Subban Replica I got from Hockeymonkey has no name plate. The letters are just sewn onto the jersey :-S

That's a pretty big botch isn't it? Then again, it's just a replica. I knew something was up with the lettering from the moment I saw it.

I don't even know if I should recommend Hockeymonkey anymore.

HockeyMonkey doesn't bother with nameplates. On their customization service page it says "namebar not available." They might do one on a Ducks jersey if you asked for it, but I think they might charge extra for it. But if you don't specify anything, or don't provide nameplate material, you won't get one.

It seems to me the general consensus here is that they do a fine job on current Ducks jerseys, but on anything else you're taking your chances. I had a Kings jersey done by them- the font was off, and they gave me kiss-cut numbers when I clearly specified layered. I wasn't impressed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Sakic-Quebec-Nordiques-19-hockey-jersey-all-stitched-FIGHT-STRAP-NWT-/190710332465?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D1054573392311258324%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D3%26#ht_500wt_1204

Just saw this listed and know absolutely nothing about CCM vintage jerseys or Nordiques jerseys/customization lineage. Any input/info from the experts is appreciated. Seems like a low price. Too good to be true?

http://www.ebay.com/...ht_500wt_1204

Just saw this listed and know absolutely nothing about CCM vintage jerseys or Nordiques jerseys/customization lineage. Any input/info from the experts is appreciated. Seems like a low price. Too good to be true?

Definite fake, I can tell straight off by how bad it's made. It claims to be an authentic but there's no NHL crest/shield by the CCM on the hem and on the neck label it is usually blue above and below where it says official licensed jersey in English and in French when it's an authentic but it's grey on that one (also, on an authentics it says: Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey).

...On the neck label it is usually blue above and below where it says official licensed jersey in English and in French when it's an authentic but it's grey on that one (also, on an authentics it says: Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey).

This is very true, but it's important to point out that it's only true for the vintage reissues (2003) that were made well after the Nordiques were no longer in existence. The more desirable (not to mention more expensive) Nords jerseys are the original ones from the first half of the 1990's and before. Not only are the logos and tags different, but they are made of a different material than the air-knit remakes. Here's a nice original (which happens to belong to a well-known member here):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Authentic-1995-Quebec-Nordiques-Peter-Forsberg-CCM-Road-Ultrafil-Jersey-NWT-/120959651607?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c29c1cf17

Of course, I should've mentioned in my first comment that that information only applies for Vintage remake authentics. God, I'd be grinning for months if I had that in my collection, but for now I shall just continue to dream...

Thanks LAK and Ultra. Good info. I thought it was too good, and after comparing to BurnabyJoeSakic's throwbacks I can see that the numbers need to be much thinner, along with the tagging issues you two pointed out. So, this has me wondering...what the hell is that Sakic Nordiques jersey? Is it a replica someone threw a fight strap into and incorrectly customized? Seems like a lot of work to flip and sell for so cheap, no? Even crappy customizers charge $40 or $50. Or if this guy did it himself, he looks to have some skills at the craft, so why not do the numbers and lettering correctly? At least then it would be easier to pass off as legit.

It wasn't even a legit replica to begin with, it's an out-and-out fake. A real replica might have a neck tag like that, but it won't have a numeric size tag. The blue color of the jersey is wrong, and if you look at the fleurs-de-lis the shape is all wrong. I'm sure the whole thing was made in China, including the crappy customization.

I'm sure the whole thing was made in China, including the crappy customization.

I second that, cheap and easy labour where you can get so many jerseys made in a short space of time - hence why they can get away with the low prices because they're making a major profit either way.