It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one that has perplexed me a little bit.

The tagging is clearly different than retail indo-edges, but it does say that it is made in Indonesia. It was described to me as a blank supplied to Detroit that I had made into a Lidstrom. I'm not sure what to make of that claim, but it actually is a very nice jersey.

I happen to be able to compare it side by side with this one, which is a GI Zetterberg, and I have to say, I'm pretty sure the body of these two jerseys is identical. Same materials, same construction. The arms are different, as the Lidstrom lacks the double elbows of the Zetterberg 2.0.

I've handled other indo-edges and this Lidstrom definitely seems different and definitely seems to be of better quality and construction than any of those I've seen down at the NHL store. So, what do you think?

Sorry about the coloring of the photos. Red jerseys kill me to photograph well........

I have a Red Indo-Edge and a Red Game Issue from this year and I can compare them when I get home. Your post got me interested in the Indo-Edge because when I got mine I just kind of shrugged it off and didn't care too much about it (still in the bag, lol)...got it for cheap and decided to go for it.

It's a legit replica from the 1990's.

Are these sites selling legit Authentics? Or are they IndoEdge?

http://www.jerseycity.ca/store/B101M7187124T!CCM/Edmonton+Oilers+EDGE+Authentic+TC+Jersey

http://www.icehockeyjersey.com/Vancouver-Canucks-Authentic-Jersey-White--NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Rbk-EDGE_p_454.html

Besides Meigray and HockeyMonkey, what sites can you get legit Authentics?

You are correct- it's not a Premier, it's an Edge 1.0. Hard to see details, but judging by the texture of the material and the stitching in the neck area, it looks OK to me.

EDIT: I hadn't paid any attention to this before (not a Sharks expert), but the customization is somewhat off. The diagonal line on the top of the "1" is too long, and there should be some white jersey material visible through notches on the inside of the number 2 on the chest. On the nameplate, the bottom point in the center of the "M" should come all the way down to the bottom of the name.

The jersey itself still looks good, though.

Thanks. just wanted to make sure it was legit, its a pretty good deal for that price, even with getting it recustomized.

Thanks. just wanted to make sure it was legit, its a pretty good deal for that price, even with getting it recustomized.

You're welcome. If you do decide to get it and recustomize it, here are some good pictures to use as a guide. It's a gamer from this past season, but the customization should be the same as it was back in the late 2000's:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6161640&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4550&scId=4550

I'm still having a hard time believing these are proper Authentic Edge:

http://www.icehockeyjersey.com/Vancouver-Canucks-Authentic-Jersey-White--NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Rbk-EDGE_p_454.html

http://www.jerseycity.ca/store/B101M7187124T!CCM/Edmonton+Oilers+EDGE+Authentic+TC+Jersey

The ones on NHL.com sites are IndoEdge, yet they sell for the same as these. I don't see how the price tells us anything.

If they are true Authentics, then they must be remaining stock of 1.0's, yes?

What is there to believe? Old stock will be around for a long time Im sure. The Oilers even has the UPC code on it which has 7187 in it. The only thing I dont believe is the price... $ 279, please. What size do you want?

Size 56 would be good for me.... but you don't really have to help me there. I can pick that all out for myself as long as some of the stuff on there isn't IndoEdge. That's the only part that's tricky.

A big help would be if anyone could link me to more sites like HockeyMonkey which are having % off sales and are selling true Authentics.

Mainly I'm looking for a Canucks road jersey in size 56.... undecided who's name I'll use. Doesn't matter as long as it's not LOLungo or the sisters. I'm willing to look at anything from Oilers, Habs, or Canucks (would say Leafs but it's embarrassing to wear anything from them at this point).

It's cool....

I'm thinking of ordering from Meigray right now. Since I like to wear my jerseys, my options are limited. Is anyone capable of wearing a size 58? I'm a big guy, but the size 56 is a little bit big for me. I'm wondering if size 58 could work, or not.

Also, how do you use Meigray's checkout system for the summer sale? I don't get it. I'll be paying by Paypal, too.

Thx

you register for a free account with meigray and then it takes care of the rest.

is it 56 Edge or Airknit? 56-58 in CCM Authentic/gamers is pretty big and if a 56 is big on you a 58 is going to be worse.

56 and 58 edge, shouldn't be too much of a difference. Might be a little longer in length but arms should be the same.

Actually with Paypal you send payment to their e-mail address, don't use the automated system. Just contact them for a total before you send payment.

Sweet..... some of the ones I want are like $500, but you can get 50% off on them...

Better than ordering from those sites I posted, I think....... it would cost like $400 for me to get a retail Edge Jersey. Sure it would be nice to have the name of a popular player on your jersey, but with Meigray it's awesome that they're game worn + I care more about the team I wear, not the player.

For Canucks jerseys Meigray does have some popular player jerseys for sale at affordable prices, the only problem is most of them no longer play for the Canucks. Not a problem for me, I guess. I could get the Darcy Hordichuk jersey, which is perfect for me since it's Canucks, but with the name of an Oilers player on it....