customization laugher

trueblue2735

Those might just be pre-customized replicas. If so, it's interesting that the numbers look different on the 2 jerseys. Both do suck though. :noway:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how someone thought "hey, people in the US love having ugly sweater parties, lets show that to the rest of the world!!!!!"

as Guam said, no wonder people want to blow things up. It lit the rage fire of the terrorists when they saw what Nike did for the hockey uniforms for EVERYBODY!

^ I bet he's great at parties....

I need an opinion or whether or not you guys think this is a jersey foul.....I don't think so, but I'd be interested to get a second opinion.

Alfredsson wore 63 during the pre-season of his rookie year. He wore the original black and red Senators jersey during this time period. He never wore that jersey, or the number 63 during the regular season as it was the year that the Sens switched to the red, white, and black jerseys, and he switched to number 11.

Here are some hockey cards showing photos of him wearing the jersey. Obscure stuff....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-DANIEL-ALFREDSSON-SKYBOX-IMPACT-rookie-GEM-MINT-10-/111172496090?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item19e265aada

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-96-Pinnacle-Zeinth-149-Daniel-Alfredsson-Rooike-Card-Nr-Mint-Mint-/310859259937?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item4860a7e021

I wouldn't do it for the white one, as he wore that jersey with his number 11 during his rookie year. But for the black one, what do you guys think? Great obscure customization, or jersey foul?

I would think that since he actually wore it in a game (regardless it was pre season), it is not a foul.

Not a foul, but a bunch of people might think it is, if that matters to you. Probably a good conversation starter, why do you have a 63 on there, etc...

Get a chick to ask you and it might be a good way to break the ice...

Do it. I did the same thing for one of my Darroll Powe Flyers jerseys. To my knowledge he only wore #63 for one pre-season game, which I believe was his NHL debut, and then switched to #36. I made up an authentic with the #63 and then was able to buy the actual jersey from Meigray.

Someone (I think great1) suggested that I do that with my blank 1992-1994 Away....but I don't know.

If you are going for unique and obscure then I can see some merit in it but for some, myself included...it is just a bit too obscure. I'd rather have a flash-in-the-pan like Daigle over a legend like Alfie when it comes to that jersey because well...that customization epitomizes the early modern Senators, whereas Alfie really doesn't.

Alfredsson has left a legacy on pretty much every Sens jerseys out there, the original Away just happens to be one of the few that he hasn't.

Again, if you are going for unique...by all means but at the end of the day that #63 in black and red doesn't speak for Alfie's time with the Sens as much as other designs with the 11.

this is an authentic game jersey ! :wacko::angry:

This raises an interesting question...

How many here consider it a "foul" to put a personal name on an authentic, (let's up the ante and say team issued). Obviously that Penguins one is just "Wow...why would you do that?" but in terms of actual names, is it looked at as a foul if someone used their own name instead of a players? Again this is for the real deal...not replicas/premiers.

Yes it would be considered a foul if you put a personal name on an authentic.

Did Lindros play for the Bears? (I seriously don't know...)

Did Lindros play for the Bears? (I seriously don't know...)

No, he never played for Hershey.

With the amount of players the Flyers gave up for Lindros' rights in the Summer of 1992 and considering how bad they had been (had missed the playoffs 3 seasons in a row), there was no way they were sending their new prize down to the AHL. As a rook, he was better than 97% of the players on the Flyers roster (excluding Recchi and Brind'amour and that's about it)

That would be like me saying the Devils had the 3rd pick in that draft, and if he were still available, they would have drafted him, so I had a Lindros Devils jersey made up just in case.

As I recall it, Quebec and Toronto were in a race for the worst record, to see who would get the #1 pick. I was rooting for Toronto to finish last, as they had traded their 1st rounder to the Devils. Quebec ended up finishing like 10-11 points behind. Sharks got the second pick as they were an expansion team, and took Pat Falloon.

Instead, the Devils wound up picking third, and selecting Scott Niedermayer. A Hall of Famer and important part of a couple Cups. I think the Devils made out OK there.