customization laugher

trueblue2735

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that one's not pretty..

The sad thing is, we all know how much customizing costs. Someone paid at least $50 and probably more to ruin that jersey.

^ I see crap like that on fans at every game...

Seller: "The item in the pictures will be exactly what you receive."

Me: Oh, ok, never mind then.

I can't believe they were actually selling these at the United Center. :noway:

This is real! When did this occur?

Seller: "The item in the pictures will be exactly what you receive."

Me: Oh, ok, never mind then.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anze-Kopitar-Official-Jersey-Reebok-size-52-/181296834307?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a36222703

Deceiv'st thou me, mine eye? Or is that seriously a 1.0 that someone murdered in a backalley customization shop?

Deceiv'st thou me, mine eye? Or is that seriously a 1.0 that someone murdered in a backalley customization shop?

It's a horrible fake. If the customization didn't tip you off, look at the crest and the horrible neck tagging (mixing vector and wordmark).

It's a horrible fake. If the customization didn't tip you off, look at the crest and the horrible neck tagging (mixing vector and wordmark).

You know what... now that I look at it more I see it. I knew the customization was horrible but I think I focused on that more than the jersey itself.

I never noticed until now, (clearly I have a lot too still learn), that the neck tagging being mixed is a give away. But I thought that the inside RBK and Vector was common on the "real" ones too? Or am I looking at something different. I didn't know they're actually coping the inside tags that say 7187 A on them etc now. And I see the stiching on the Reebok wordmark on the back too more closely now...

The RBK and the Vector were always used together.

Reebok%2BLogo.jpg

The new Reebok wordmark should never be seen with either the RBK or the Vector:

Reebok-Logo-Black.jpg

Also for fakes, look at the quality of the NHL logo (either the neck patch or on the tagging) as well as the CCM logo on the size tag. The fakes will often clip off the serifs on the left side of the C's or squish the logo horizontally.

ccmlogosmall.jpg

In the end, just remember that companies are obsessive about their logos so if a brand logo on a jersey seems off (like a sloppy Nike swoosh) it's yet another sign it could be a fake.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this...much appreciated.

One other obvious thing is that they are mixing the mostly silver replica Reebok neck tag (found only on Premiers) with an "authentic" numeric size tag (only found on Edges). This does not happen on legit jerseys. The legit retail authentics have neck tags which are mostly black.

Someone tweeted this to @icethetics. Found at the NHL Store

post-4472-0-89040600-1390517577_thumb.jp