customization laugher

trueblue2735

This brings up a circulating story that's been on the internet for awhile. How a father wore his Buffalo Sabre Satan jersey to Walmart and got harassed for it.

Yeah, it's one of those things that just sucks, but you can't really help. I'd honestly prefer a Hasek Sabres jersey to a Satan, for obvious reasons. It's sad, but what are you gonna do?

I feel really bad for Miroslav's fans out there. :/

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's from the Penquins organization so it must be real!

Honestly his story about winning it at a charity auction where they said it came directly from the Pens is not entirely out of this world.

For the previous 2-3 seasons at the Prudential Center, the Devils have done silent auctions for various memoribilia including signed jerseys. More than once I have seen them auction of very blantent Chinese knockoffs at these auctions and asking for $200+ for these jerseys because they are signed by that player. I wouldn't put it past that either the eBay seller or the charity auction that he got it from didn't know that it was fake and took the Pens word for it.

Or again it could be the eBay seller being completely full of it. Just saying there might be a bit of truth in his story.

Honestly his story about winning it at a charity auction where they said it came directly from the Pens is not entirely out of this world.

For the previous 2-3 seasons at the Prudential Center, the Devils have done silent auctions for various memoribilia including signed jerseys. More than once I have seen them auction of very blantent Chinese knockoffs at these auctions and asking for $200+ for these jerseys because they are signed by that player. I wouldn't put it past that either the eBay seller or the charity auction that he got it from didn't know that it was fake and took the Pens word for it.

Or again it could be the eBay seller being completely full of it. Just saying there might be a bit of truth in his story.

I was more pointing out his use of the "q" as opposed to the "g" in most of the listing. Seems too intentional.

But yes, the jersey could have come from an official auction where someone put in a fake jersey.

How laughable would you rate this?

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2060&p=134034

As a Sens fan...all Leafs jerseys look the same to me so I don't imagine too many non-Leafs would notice/care. However amongst the hardcore Leafs collecting crowd you might get ribbed. I'm really picky about my customization too but my best advice is to take your time finding someone/somewhere that can do your jersey 100% right. Takes some patience but pays off in the end. With a popular team like Toronto I can't imagine you'd have trouble finding a good customizer.

How laughable would you rate this?

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2060&p=134034

As a Sens fan...all Leafs jerseys look the same to me so I don't imagine too many non-Leafs would notice/care. However amongst the hardcore Leafs collecting crowd you might get ribbed. I'm really picky about my customization too but my best advice is to take your time finding someone/somewhere that can do your jersey 100% right. Takes some patience but pays off in the end. With a popular team like Toronto I can't imagine you'd have trouble finding a good customizer.

Yeah you're probably right.

Who knows... I'm not a die-hard Leafs fan at this point, and if the Leafs continue to do poorly this season, I might just sell this one. Honestly after waiting a certain period, which was long enough, to get it embroidered, I sort of lost interest right there. I do already have a Lupul replica in the Leafs' current style.

Would I be a total to sell this jersey?

Yeah you're probably right.

Who knows... I'm not a die-hard Leafs fan at this point, and if the Leafs continue to do poorly this season, I might just sell this one. Honestly after waiting a certain period, which was long enough, to get it embroidered, I sort of lost interest right there. I do already have a Lupul replica in the Leafs' current style.

Would I be a total ###### to sell this jersey?

Couldn't you have sent like a photo of the correct font with your original order? Unless you actually did, that is.

One thing to remember is I'm still quite a bit of a noob.

Until this Leafs jersey, I had previously had only one other jersey sent into be embroidered before, and they got it right without me needing to tell them. It was an older jersey too. And it was at the same location. I didn't realize you had to be that specific.... I thought they would know by looking at the jersey what to do. Oh well. Now I know.

This is sort of why at first I was against getting a jersey embroidered myself. There's too much that can go wrong. I prefer to buy them already customized, but that can be hard, especially if you want authentics.

I guess I should have known something was wrong at the store when I originally sent this Leafs jersey in.... the guy seemed to have not even seen a Team-issued jersey before, he wasn't familiar about it, and he was telling me all this stuff about how it might be a fake, get sent back, etc. Gosh.

I'll know to be more specific next time, but from now on I'll probably only buy up-to-date jerseys.

No worries man. I'm pretty new to jersey collecting myself but we always learn the hard way. A few times now i've blown money on horrible customizations only to get it stripped and re-done at extra cost. Just a learning process like everything else.

No worries man. I'm pretty new to jersey collecting myself but we always learn the hard way. A few times now i've blown money on horrible customizations only to get it stripped and re-done at extra cost. Just a learning process like everything else.

So true. I've been there....done research before sending shirts out etc. but there are little nuances you learn along the way by trial and error but these boards here help reduce major issues greatly!

• 2 weeks later...

check out the picture of the back... honestly,this is one of the worst Ive ever seen. Who thought this looked ok?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomas-Vokoun-Autographed-Nashville-Predators-Jersey-with-Fighting-Strap-New-/191002590308?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2c78a43c64

check out the picture of the back... honestly,this is one of the worst Ive ever seen. Who thought this looked ok?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomas-Vokoun-Autographed-Nashville-Predators-Jersey-with-Fighting-Strap-New-/191002590308?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2c78a43c64

This is hilarious, at least. I got a good chuckle out of this.

They were probably charging by the letter

They didn't make him practice. So they signed him cheap.

Edited by NordFan27

The Flyers jersey is worse.

On a side note the Cincinnati Cyclones have retired the number 14.

In honor of Pete Rose..... I laugh at that everytime I go down there.