customization laugher

trueblue2735

I sent him a message as well, basically shaming him for being a memorabilia collector/seller and selling fake jerseys (he has half a dozen other auto'd fakes). Is there any way to report counterfeit merchandise sellers on eBay? I know it's an option when leaving feedback, but there ought to be a way to report guys like this

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportItemMember&items=400228299683&seller=bobbydsautographs&active=1&state=1

Yup on the right side under the Other Item Info box.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ebay doesn't care...the more they sell, the more they make

It's pretty much an unwritten rule, but ebay welcomes anyone selling anything, fake or not

heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a good 10% of their profits comes directly from fake merchandise.

ebay doesn't care...the more they sell, the more they make

It's pretty much an unwritten rule, but ebay welcomes anyone selling anything, fake or not

Absolutely. I don't for one minute think eBay would ever try to do anything about this- it's counterproductive for them, plus how are they going to conclusively prove any allegations?

With eBay, it's caveat emptor.

I actually threw a low bid on the white 96 USA jersey in hopes of stripping it. Guess I'll have my work cut out for me if I actually win it.

The blue one has bounced around eBay a bit over the years (think this is the second or third time I've seen it) but the wear on elbow looks new. Definitely a shame as Jeff mentioned cause the blue ones are so rare.

Yeah eBay only takes action when they are directed to do so by Addidas, Reebok or various other manufacturers. If 100 of us submitted a complaint about a fake item they would do nothing.

I guess harassing the sellers will do for now >:)

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one who does that. But yeah, eBay sucks. They don't care about what you're selling (even though I could've sworn their policy had something about counterfeit items) as long as it sells and they make their profit. That's another reason why I buy replicas, I know they're legit. Not that fake hockey jerseys aren't stupid easy to spot, but baseball and football jerseys are getting harder to pick out.

Yeah eBay only takes action when they are directed to do so by Addidas, Reebok or various other manufacturers. If 100 of us submitted a complaint about a fake item they would do nothing.

Yea thats pretty much anytime ebay will do anything to people who sell counterfeits. With that being said about 2 years ago i had an item that was perfectly legal and legit that i was selling that I was accused of selling a knockoff (a lindros REPLICA) of all things so those A'holes at reebok dont know their own products (if i can help it f them i tend to find old ccm/starter jerseys) so thats another reason why it doesnt happen often and why you see knockoffs all over ebay.

Pray for a strain of virus that only targets morons?

Realistically though, there is nobody to police these kind of activities. The best we can do is harass them endlessly, and that will still be to no avail. It's frustrating to see, but there's not much we can.