customization laugher

trueblue2735

By far at Verizon we have many fans that think they are clever. I think the dumbest thing I've seen had to be the "Crosby Sucks" and "Mrs. Semin" jerseys. Though a cool one sometimes shows up like a replica Presidents #7 jersey like the one Bruce Boudreau wore in the movie Slapshot. Otherwise, Verizon is full of jersey fouls and cheap asian knockoff OV jerseys. I remember when I wore my authentic OV Edge 1.0 to a game and this guy and his girlfriend kept staring at my jersey because they realized just then the one he was wearing was a fake he bought off of Ebay.

Read the Pittsburgh Pens boards sometime and they seem to LOVE the idea of buying Asian knockoffs. Why are my teams' fans so dumb? It's bad enough 95% of them are bandwagoners and now they are in love with jerseys from questionable websites. I tried to warn them, especially since counterfeits were seized and confiscated in the Burgh last year, but they don't seem to care. They think it's nice now, but we'll see.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puckdaddy is based in DC which is why his jersey fouls are usually DC-heavy. The huge number of bandwagon fans that only showed up since the team started winning again only began with current generation of jerseys, which is also why you never see jersey fouls from the blue/black/bronze generation.

Read the Pittsburgh Pens boards sometime and they seem to LOVE the idea of buying Asian knockoffs. Why are my teams' fans so dumb? It's bad enough 95% of them are bandwagoners and now they are in love with jerseys from questionable websites. I tried to warn them, especially since counterfeits were seized and confiscated in the Burgh last year, but they don't seem to care. They think it's nice now, but we'll see.

Seized? Really? How did they go about that? And what were people doing/saying?

I tried to warn them, especially since counterfeits were seized and confiscated in the Burgh last year, but they don't seem to care.

I wish that would happen everywhere

I believe she means seized in the sense that importers/local re-sellers had their supplies seized - as opposed to jerseys being ripped off peoples' backs

Yeah, that's what I mean.

I really dont have a problem with people selling fakes, as long as they dont sell them for the price of a real one. I cringe everytime i am on ebay and there is someone selling a fake for more than $60 Even worse, There is a guy who has a shop a few blocks away from my apartment who sells fakes, but he wants $249 for them!! How would i go about ratting him out?

My biggest beef with fakes is that it's annoying when your ebay searches are riddled with them,

Seized? Really? How did they go about that? And what were people doing/saying?

Here is the story I found on the topic. I don't live in Pittsburgh, so I don't know anyone affected by this personally. This happened last June around the time the Pens were in the Finals.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_570699.html

Also, a poster on LetsGoPens.com was one of the ones who had jerseys taken/confiscated. He placed an order for himself and some friends and all the jerseys were confiscated (5th post down, along with replies from others):

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...13&start=75

Also, a poster on LetsGoPens.com was one of the ones who had jerseys taken/confiscated. He placed an order for himself and some friends and all the jerseys were confiscated (5th post down, along with replies from others):

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...13&start=75

That was a fun read. Those typical bandwagoners have such a sense of entitlement that they are expecting to get great customer service and complaining about not getting it when they are paying less money to buy counterfeit jerseys from a foreign country that couldn't give a ###### about how customer service goes here.

The people on the official Pens boards where I post told me that they don't care about a perfect jersey, they just want a "close" one.

Actually, someone on LGP put it in words I agree with: if these people think RBK jerseys are such crap, what do they think they are going to get when they purchase something for cheap from overseas? OK, so the lettering and logos are close, but what about the fabric and how well the lettering will hold over time? I wonder if it would peel off?

I really wish all those fake shops would get shut down, but too many people are dumb enough to purchase from them.

Ultimate Waste

Kathy's Jersey

I've seen other jerseys like that on Ebay where people think they can actually sell one with their own name on the back. Why would they think anyone not sharing a name with them would want that?

For what it's worth, that Syracuse jersey is pretty ugly to boot. In my opinion of course.

I've seen other jerseys like that on Ebay where people think they can actually sell one with their own name on the back. Why would they think anyone not sharing a name with them would want that?

For what it's worth, that Syracuse jersey is pretty ugly to boot. In my opinion of course.

I kind of have this thing for hideously ugly jerseys

Ultimate Waste

Kathy's Jersey

Based on the timeframe of the jersey, if someone were a collector of the Syracuse Crunch, that would be worth getting and stripping it. From that 94/95 season it could be turned into a Michael Peca, Adrian Aucoin, or Scott Walker.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0005081995.html

Ultimate Waste

Kathy's Jersey

wonder if Linda is friends with Kathy

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-Chicago-Blackhawks...93%3A1|294%3A50

Aww darnit...

I had a picture of a guy who i am assuming was named Dave at a LA Kings game a few years back, but it was on my other lap top...

I thought this guy was wearing a Kopitar jersey, but no, he was just Dave.

I was planning on continuing the trend with friends of linda and kathy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120434532829

I totally forgot Gretzky won a cup in 1994. <_<

oh but he did.....!......he was wearing a steve larmer mask, it was kinda like when luke skywalker was disguised as a stormtrooper.....shame on you for not remembering................ :lol:

s***.......what was i smoking when i wrote that...?......... :thumbsup::stickhndl:<_<

• 2 weeks later...
Based on the timeframe of the jersey, if someone were a collector of the Syracuse Crunch, that would be worth getting and stripping it. From that 94/95 season it could be turned into a Michael Peca, Adrian Aucoin, or Scott Walker.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0005081995.html

Kathy was obviously a John Badduke fan. He was a fan-favorite enforcer, who wore number 14. Love those Crunch jerseys and those minor-league patches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-warn-Signed-Domi-...id=p3286.c0.m14

hey guys its game WARN. in case you missed it, it game warn.

On 18-Jul-09 at 13:37:18 EDT, seller added the following information:

GAME WARN

This may look stupid to the rest of you, but I was actually thinking of doing it a few years ago. Instead of the "C" on the front, I was going to "CFH". This is obviously one for the Pantera fans, not the hockey enthusiast. Instead of "Dimebag", I was going to have "Darrell" and #13.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reebok-Hockey-Jersey-D...id=p3286.c0.m14

It makes me sad when people do something like this to a perfectly good authentic jersey. They are hard enough to find already without people butchering them like this.

Ray Bourque Avs Customization Trainwreck

As stated in the seller's description, "The jersey is authentic although the lettering is not..."

+1 point for the honesty.

"...but it is stitched on and looks very good as you can see."

-3 points for that comment. I don't even know where to start on that one.

It makes me sad when people do something like this to a perfectly good authentic jersey. They are hard enough to find already without people butchering them like this.

Ray Bourque Avs Customization Trainwreck

As stated in the seller's description, "The jersey is authentic although the lettering is not..."

+1 point for the honesty.

"...but it is stitched on and looks very good as you can see."

-3 points for that comment. I don't even know where to start on that one.

That one is fixable though.

You wouldn't have to change the namebar.

The jersey numbers could fit snugly overtop of the single layer that is currently on there.