customization laugher

trueblue2735

That one is fixable though.

You wouldn't have to change the namebar.

You actually would need to do two things. The Avs have always worn nameplates so that would need to be added. And the letters on the nameplates have always been glacier twill too. And based on the pictures, the guy that wrecked this jersey used something else besides glacier twill.

The jersey numbers could fit snugly overtop of the single layer that is currently on there.

I guess if you got lucky and the angles were just right you could go right over the top of what's there, but why take the risk?

It's too much work and it will cost money and time to fix. If I'm going to spend that much money on a jersey I'd want it done right to begin with. $70 should get me the real deal done correctly, not that junk. If this was a size 56 or 58 I'd go about $40 and that's it. Why go $70 on a jersey that the buyer is going to have to spend another $60 (just a number I'm throwing out there, kit+strip+customizing) to fix?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no pictures of this, but I ran into a kid the other day who had a Penguins 2009 Winter Classic jersey. That's right - the patch on the chest said "Winter Classic 2009." lol...

My girlfriend knows jack squat about jerseys, but even she was disgusted.

All Authentics, But all wastes

ebay store

a hand full of them are still savable, like the panthers could maybe become a Bertuzzi,

but they are definitely a shame

All Authentics, But all wastes

ebay store

a hand full of them are still savable, like the panthers could maybe become a Bertuzzi,

but they are definitely a shame

That seller has some really beautiful stuff. Because they're black and I've been looking for one of the Pens Vintage line authentics for a long time, I took my chances with this auction. I'm hoping that with some work, I can salvage both.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That seller has some really beautiful stuff. Because they're black and I've been looking for one of the Pens Vintage line authentics for a long time, I took my chances with this auction. I'm hoping that with some work, I can salvage both.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I dont know if this would be considered Salvaging...

But the 2000s pens one could become RAMZI ABID!

At least he was 34 for a season

5031610701.jpg

Abid actually scored one of the weirdest goals in WBS Penguins history that I can remember.

It was a normal goal by goal scoring standards, but it was the first goal of a game in 2005 against Philadelphia. I think the goal judge had fallen asleep b/c the puck definitely went in the net but the judge didn't turn on the light and the horn didn't go off so everyone just kinda sat there..with some people randomly applauding. Eventually someone's brain woke up and the goal celebration ensued. :thumbsup:

Apparently this piece of crap is a vintage 1961-1967 WHL San Fransisco Seals jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-San-Francisco-...id=p3286.c0.m14

imnptg.png

Yeah right... I think that jersey screams NINETIES!

It's most likely from a local inline hockey team. I mean come on, it's a Seal on wheels!

And if you search for the jersey maker you come across this. Which is obviously a custom jersey store for sports teams.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if this is quite the right thread, but can anyone tell me if this is customized correctly? It seems like the numbers are too thin.

fedorov.jpg

It's really hard to tell from the pic. I think, maybe they are just a little bit thinner than they should be. But why did you post the pic in this thread when there's nothing to laugh about. For a moment I thought the name was spelled wrong. I saw a red FEDEROV jersey a few years ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LeCavalier-2004-Tampa-...id=p3286.c0.m14

WHERE did he get the Katrina patch, and WHY in god's name did he put it on the hem? Other anachronisms include the 2004 SC patch on a RBK 6100...

The seller (SofaSurfer) is well known in some circles for his "improvements" to authentics by adding unnecessary patches etc. From what I know, his jerseys aren't fake and many/most are customized by EPS, but sometimes the little details are off.

A perfect example is this Mario Lemieux Koho authentic with the NHL 2000 patch. Mario didn't play that season, and the Penguins wore ProPlayer that year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Brian-Bradle...id=p3286.c0.m14

This isn't eggregious really, but it's a pet peeve. This is about the third time I've seen a Bradley paint brush jersey on ebay, and none of them have used a nameplate. They all have had the letters sewn directly on the jersey. If I didn't have enough jerseys needed customization it probably wouldn't bother me as much...

I Still need to get the picture off of my phone, but....

I am a hockey coach for a day camp in Calgary.

On the ice time after my kid's ice time, many Flames Players and Prospects along with other NHL players and Prospects rent the ice time immediately after ours.

It is here Theoren Fleury is doing his on ice training for his come back attempt...

A few days ago, Fleury was wearing a 2004-2006 Style of Red Flames Jersey WITH The Captains C AND Number 14.

I thought it was funny to see that Fleury had something in common with many of my kids in the camps, they put their own name on the back of jerseys.

I need to find the cable to take the pictures off my phone, but i thought it was hilarious

• 4 weeks later...
I Still need to get the picture off of my phone, but....

I am a hockey coach for a day camp in Calgary.

On the ice time after my kid's ice time, many Flames Players and Prospects along with other NHL players and Prospects rent the ice time immediately after ours.

It is here Theoren Fleury is doing his on ice training for his come back attempt...

A few days ago, Fleury was wearing a 2004-2006 Style of Red Flames Jersey WITH The Captains C AND Number 14.

I thought it was funny to see that Fleury had something in common with many of my kids in the camps, they put their own name on the back of jerseys.

I need to find the cable to take the pictures off my phone, but i thought it was hilarious

Theo Fleury's Jersey Faux Pas

0819091218.jpg

0819091227.jpg

0819091216.jpg

Cool shots FJC! Pretty great treat for the kids to see the pros working out, especially a Calgary legend. What's with the kid in the Crosby jersey? There's always one isn't there.

Yea, they loved it. Fleury, Langkow, Glencross and Kurtis Foster from Minny actually walked into our room before their icetime and signed some autographs, the kids were really excited....as was i.

There always is a Crosby, in our camp there was a 06 Rookie Class, Crosby, Phaneuf, and Ovechkin