EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i also saw a jersey from vendor griffenfood...are this all fakes???

and does someone know the vendor breakaway king with his signed jerseys?

so this guy fakes enough jerseys that fake jerseys now basically are named after him?

Actually they're called "Griffenfood Specials" because he's the first, and on most of his jerseys, the only one selling them. The 80's All Star jerseys are very good examples.

Wow. How can we protect ourselves from him? I mean, I can't tell the differences between a real and his jerseys.

I have 2 authentic 90s jerseys. If those a fakes. Mine could be too :blink: .

Wow. How can we protect ourselves from him? I mean, I can't tell the differences between a real and his jerseys.

I have 2 authentic 90s jerseys. If those a fakes. Mine could be too :blink: .

When you waste enough money as we all did, and your collection hits a head count of 50 or so, you will be able to tell when you're looking at one of his jerseys. :lol:

When you waste enough money as we all did, and your collection hits a head count of 50 or so, you will be able to tell when you're looking at one of his jerseys. :lol:

I have no problems with his canucks jerseys. But the Nordiques.... I saw it once and i though it was legit...

Exept for the fact that it's sold by griffenfood. How can you tell it's a fake?

I have no problems with his canucks jerseys. But the Nordiques.... I saw it once and i though it was legit...

i like to know too...........and the canucks jersey too.....i don´t see it?

Griffenfood always chooses the wording very carefully in his auctions. The jerseys are reproductions - the base jerseys are not even true CCM jerseys from that era. He stitches the CCM hemline and neck tags on. Often his patches are wrong and reproductions. Often the striping on the jerseys are stitched on differently or not in the same style as an authentic CCM jersey of that style. Basically he creates reproductions of vintage jerseys and unsuspecting buyers think they are authentics from that era. Unlike the overseas knockoff jersey manufacturers he doesn't flood the market with tons of obvious mass produced fakes - but he does produce a good number of the same kind of jerseys, a lot of '94 Canucks - '92 Penguins - Nordiques etc.

The problem is that although he skirts around the "reproduction" issue in his sales with careful descriptions, often his jerseys get resold on eBay by folks who falsely claim it's an authentic, just because they didn't know better.

Ask to see the tags, Griffenfood's has the size tag stitched with the Maska tag...the originals have the size tag to the left of the Maska tag...but here's a real stumper for all you out there - can you tell me if this Martin Biron is a fake or not?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/VINTAGE-33-MARTIN-BARON...1QQcmdZViewItem

Griffenfood always chooses the wording very carefully in his auctions. The jerseys are reproductions - the base jerseys are not even true CCM jerseys from that era. He stitches the CCM hemline and neck tags on. Often his patches are wrong and reproductions. Often the striping on the jerseys are stitched on differently or not in the same style as an authentic CCM jersey of that style. Basically he creates reproductions of vintage jerseys and unsuspecting buyers think they are authentics from that era. Unlike the overseas knockoff jersey manufacturers he doesn't flood the market with tons of obvious mass produced fakes - but he does produce a good number of the same kind of jerseys, a lot of '94 Canucks - '92 Penguins - Nordiques etc.

The problem is that although he skirts around the "reproduction" issue in his sales with careful descriptions, often his jerseys get resold on eBay by folks who falsely claim it's an authentic, just because they didn't know better.

so he makes his own jerseys.....sort of.........i wonder if this is his day-job, or he has another scam during the day.

Ask to see the tags, Griffenfood's has the size tag stitched with the Maska tag...the originals have the size tag to the left of the Maska tag...but here's a real stumper for all you out there - can you tell me if this Martin Biron is a fake or not?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/VINTAGE-33-MARTIN-BARON...1QQcmdZViewItem

it's written Barron, not Biron and Biron wears #43, not 33.

The first line of the add says it all: "This is a reproduction of the Pro style Blue Jersey ( away jersey at the time ) ,and should not be confused with the same jersey from that era."

The first line of the add says it all: "This is a reproduction of the Pro style Blue Jersey ( away jersey at the time ) ,and should not be confused with the same jersey from that era."

Are those reproductions just as awesome as the originals?.....i mean do they look good

Is this real http://cgi.ebay.com/Edmonton-Oilers-NHL-Re...%3A1%7C294%3A50 it would look nice with a 2006 stanely cup patch

Legit jersey.

so its 100% authentic ???

oh yeah definately

For anyone who's interested, Griffenfood's jersey are actually pretty nice jerseys. I've owned a couple of them; they are decent quality and stitched well. I understand that purests will look down on them, and regard them as just another piece of crap knockoff, but they are a nice alternative to anyone looking for a good quality vintage jersey, at a resonable price. Most of us know that any original Canucks, Nordiques, All Star jersey (etc) from the late 80s, early 90s, will cost an arm and a leg. I'm sure a lot of people out there would love to own one, but don't necessarily need it to be an original, and in all honesty, don't want to pay for an original.

Just like with any purchase, the buyer has to be aware of what he/she is buying, and at least Griffenfood is honest in his item descriptions. If I found an original Sakic and bought it, I highly doubt I'd ever wear it to a game, or to play in, but I'd definately buy a griffenfood knockoff for $100 bucks to be able to wear and enjoy it. When buying any jerseys, the buyer needs to decide what he wants the jersey for, and based on that what he is willing to pay;

1) rare and authentic pro collection, never to be molested or worn (heck, you might get in trouble for looking at it the wrong way)

2) a nice quality pro jersey, at a reasonable price, to be worn or displayed, but one that doesn't necessarily have to from 1987

3) a nice quality pro jersey to be worn at the rink and beat up like a hockey jersey should be

4) a semi-pro to simply represent your team at the game, and drip beer and hotdog condiments on, to later be washed

I no longer own any Griffenfood jerseys, and have become a purest myself, but I can still say that I appreciate someone like him offering quality (albeit fake), vintage jerseys. I'd sooner see him doing a good job, then the overwhelming amount of crap being spewed out from sweatshops in asia, trying to pose as the real deal.

I highly encourage others to give their input.

Go hockey, go!!!

Yeah, I know. I was just kidding Carl ;-)

Hehe alright, we never know! Sometimes I look at jerseys so fast I don't notice spelling mistakes :P

Say, do the old rbk 6100 Penguins jerseys never show up on ebay anymore?....i am looking for a white size 56 one....think they are all gone!?

I agree with you they are very hard to find