EBay

Brilliant!

I really hate the concept of reserve prices. If there's a set amount you want for it, start the bidding at that amount or just use buy it now. I get the idea that if you have a reserve you can start the auction off at a dollar, so someone might see the auction at a dollar and want to bid, but if your reserve is as high as most I've seen (at least on jerseys) those cheap low-ball bidders aren't going to come near your reserve and you're just wasting everyones time with the reserve.

Well said.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this is a legitimate jersey, but even though I'm a huge Pens fan; I'm not up on the vintage looks. Can someone look at it and make sure?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-Mario-Lemieux-Pitt...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I don't think that's legit for two reasons:

1: The price

2: The other items they have for sale.

You will see recurring players/teams sold by fake jersey makers.

Lots of Penguins, Red Wings, Capitals, etc.

Maybe there should be a thread made with general rules for identifying fakes?

So people can check that thread and see if they can answer the question themselves.

for 60k you think they would at least have the C on there...

Well, I believe you are getting 500 of them according to the auction title. You can bid on just one for $190.

Name does look a bit odd, seems to get higher as it goes along. The red border on the 2 and 7 looks a bit strange too, assuming the thickness is meant to be uniform? Over to our resident Hawks fans for that one.

Is this one any good, it looks like the letters on on the back is somehow screwed up, the "E" looks bigger, or the last four letters are higher up.....don´t it look strange?......i really want this jersey, but there is something weird..........and the "7" on the back also looks smaller then the "2" ..what do you say?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JEREMY-ROENICK-CHICAGO...%3A1%7C294%3A25

The red border on the numbers and the name looks weird to me too. I'm def not that good at spotting fakes, but as a rule buying Hawks jerseys I'm usually suspect if it looks like the indian on the crest is looking up. does that make sense? he should be looking straight to the right, and I've noticed on the majority of the fakes they sew it on so he's looking up a little because they don't know how to center it apparently. it looks like that to me in the 1st pic but it could just be how its laying.

Well, I believe you are getting 500 of them according to the auction title. You can bid on just one for $190.

It would appear that you are correct, if you look at his other auctions (which you did) you can find he sells in multiples, but he does have singles available.

Single Version of Green Blackhawks Jersey

I'm very new to the jersey thing, and I don't think they have but I'm not sure. I bet victim knows. also check out nhluniforms.com and it shows them all.

The red border on the numbers and the name looks weird to me too. I'm def not that good at spotting fakes, but as a rule buying Hawks jerseys I'm usually suspect if it looks like the indian on the crest is looking up. does that make sense? he should be looking straight to the right, and I've noticed on the majority of the fakes they sew it on so he's looking up a little because they don't know how to center it apparently. it looks like that to me in the 1st pic but it could just be how its laying.

I see the Blackhawks logo looking upwards on genuine Starter jerseys too. I even have one in my collection that I stripped off and had put on looking the proper direction. That's not a definite sign of a fake.

That jersey looks good to me. Has anyone ever seen a fake with that kind of tagging on it from back then? I think that's the sign that the jersey is good. The customizing looks a bit less than perfect. Since there doesn't appear to be a nameplate, the lettering does look like it is not level all the way across, the sleeve 2 has a much bigger outline than the 7 on the other sleeve and the black layer of the 2 on the back is not perfectly centered on the red outline layer but...

how often does an authentic size 58 come along? You can always strip the name off and have a new one done with a nameplate to cover any issues that result.

Does it have too many problems to overcome for you at that price?

I didn't say it was a definite sign of a fake, but when I see that it makes me look a little harder at everything else on the jersey.

Are all the teams gonna wear a green jersey on St. patricks day?

If they did, it would more than likely be only during the pre-game skate. I know a few teams have done this in the past, then when the game started, they were back in their normal jerseys.

If they did, it would more than likely be only during the pre-game skate. I know a few teams have done this in the past, then when the game started, they were back in their normal jerseys.

I believe the Thrasher's wore their green jerseys for warmups when they played the Caps on Monday, March 16th. It was on Versus.