EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of pens jerseys, i have two rbk 6100 pens jerseys, the penguin logo on the front on one, is softer then on the other...the one jersey i got later, have a thicker logo on..anyone know something about that?.....besides from that, are they both identical...

Look at the stitching of the fight strap for starters.

It's also how the NHL Shield is stitched on and the NHL Shield itself. It's so unclean and seems to have a thin black outline which is not the case with the original.

crosby5.JPG

I see, but it must take a lot of effort to make these jerseys, who makes them, and can it really pay off?

Probably the same folks employed by Wal-Mart. Remember the Kathie Lee Gifford clothes line made by basically indentured servants? How do you think that they can sell that stuff so cheap?

I see, but it must take a lot of effort to make these jerseys, who makes them, and can it really pay off?

With all of these cheap imitation overseas knockoffs more readily available AND cheaper than the official merch, I wonder if the NHL has thought about going back to the original jersey style. I can see in games on TV that a majority of the NHL fan base seems to purchase the knockoffs over the official merch as well.

Probably the same folks employed by Wal-Mart. Remember the Kathie Lee Gifford clothes line made by basically indentured servants? How do you think that they can sell that stuff so cheap?

So it´s more the cheap labour cost that make these knock-offs cheap, not as much the jersey material they use...could that be right?.........and they must have advanced machines and other things to make them look so real......it just puzzels me.......but i guess everything in the world are being copied

With all of these cheap imitation overseas knockoffs more readily available AND cheaper than the official merch, I wonder if the NHL has thought about going back to the original jersey style.

Boy, that'd be nice, huh? I don't really see it happening though because of the amount of money that Reebok dumped into this new 'system'. I can't see them abandoning it so quickly. I say they all go back to mesh.

I have a question about something I found on eBay today. Does anyone know if Sandow SK ever made replica jerseys available for retail? I found an old black mesh Vancouver Canucks V-style jersey for about 90 bucks earlier. It's pretty clear the guy doesn't really know what he's selling because the deescription was one line: "great looking jersey in excellent shape. mens medium. Made by Sandow SK. Jersey is mesh. sew on patches."

There's no sign of a fight strap but it's hard to tell in the crappy pictures he provided. HOWEVER, through a little research, I've found that some versions of the mesh Sandow jerseys didn't have fight straps in the early 80's. More research revealed that everything was screened on but the crests during the Canucks time wearing the Sandow jerseys. Either way, I found a pretty great jersey for cheap...I'm just wondering if I got an absolutely amazing piece of Vancouver history for an absolutely incredible price. I don't wanna wait a week to get it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s=tab%3DBidding

Just won this even though i won a blank one and had IJ customize it. I'm quite curious with this guy not having any rating whether I should have bid on it or not....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s=tab%3DBidding

Just won this even though i won a blank one and had IJ customize it. I'm quite curious with this guy not having any rating whether I should have bid on it or not....

Don't know about the seller - but I'm guessing that is one of those Nike factory customized number sized jerseys that lack a fight strap.

I see he also have a DVD-player for sale for 5$, you should have gotten that one too....... :lol: .....nah, don´t worry about it......he´s from Jersey...only honest people live there.......... ;)

LOL...that makes me feel better...

Don't know about the seller - but I'm guessing that is one of those Nike factory customized number sized jerseys that lack a fight strap.

Did any have a fight strap? I was guessing it didn't...I think I like it a bit more than the sublimated one I have although that one has the WC patch on it...

Yeah, those USA jerseys did have the strap in there. Those blank ones have been popping up a lot lately. It's still a beauty though.

nah, don´t worry about it......he´s from Jersey...only honest people live there......... ;)

Careful there...

<----------

Did any have a fight strap? I was guessing it didn't...I think I like it a bit more than the sublimated one I have although that one has the WC patch on it...

Yes they had fight straps if you bought an authentic blank. However it appears Nike also released factory customized jerseys with certain players with number sizes, but no fight strap. I have one of each in the white.

Fight strap (you can barely make it out between the bottom of the one and two)

wc_usa_guerin_b.jpg

No fight strap (factory customized)

wc_usa_leetch_b.jpg

So that factory customized don't come with a fight strap, but atleast you get the correct number font (unlike the Guerin I have to get fixed)

Yes they had fight straps if you bought an authentic blank. However it appears Nike also released factory customized jerseys with certain players with number sizes, but no fight strap. I have one of each in the white.

Fight strap (you can barely make it out between the bottom of the one and two)

wc_usa_guerin_b.jpg

No fight strap (factory customized)

wc_usa_leetch_b.jpg

So that factory customized don't come with a fight strap, but atleast you get the correct number font (unlike the Guerin I have to get fixed)

Ok...those are beauts by the way...love that 96 Cup jersey..I guess either way I shouldn't complain 100(if I get it) isn't bad.

Just a bit paranoid since he has no feedback at all...Hope I can recoup the money since I will paypal it....

Well, he only joined last October. I guess that could make sense. Maybe he was in a coma for a few months.

Well, he only joined last October. I guess that could make sense. Maybe he was in a coma for a few months.

Man you guys are not making me feel any better about this ...lol :unsure:

my thought on zero feedback sellers is that everyone has to start somewhere. if they were a scammer, I don't doubt they'd get a bunch of crap feedback buying cheap stuff or selling a bunch of small cheap stuff before trying to rip folks off on $100+ items.

My First started on Ebay in 2001 and my feedback was under 20 for the first 5 years I was a member. In 2006, I started collecting jerseys. I am now closing in on about 350. ###### this evil hobby of ours. :wacko:

Yeah, okay.....just think when you cry wolf, you should point the wolf out..... :thumbsup:

Truly. I think the point here is that while it's awesome that some of you folks can pinpoint a fake just by looking at a grainy photo, how about some explanations for the rest of us who might not be so astute? "Yeah, that's a fake." Okay, WHY?

Or are we trying to guard that knowledge closely so that the fakers who might be trolling these forums don't figure out that we're on to them?

Yeah, I agree. You're just psyching yourself out. It'll be fine.

Probably...I'm good for doing that to myself. But I won't rest easy until it arrives :blink:

Truly. I think the point here is that while it's awesome that some of you folks can pinpoint a fake just by looking at a grainy photo, how about some explanations for the rest of us who might not be so astute? "Yeah, that's a fake." Okay, WHY?

Or are we trying to guard that knowledge closely so that the fakers who might be trolling these forums don't figure out that we're on to them?

I don't think it's folks keeping secrets. I think often you get so used to seeing and spotting the fakes that at times it feels like it becomes obvious.

Here's my mental checklist when trying to quickly determine if a jersey is a fake on eBay (pretty much in order):

1.) Price - blank Edge jerseys still go for $200+ retail, so if you see a customized Edge for $30 it's probably fake.

2.) Inventory - a single jersey is one thing, but multiple jerseys in various sizes at 80%+ below of retail is suspicious

3.) Sizes - mixing the letter and number sizing and offering sizes not available in authentic jerseys are also a tip off

4.) Twill - next I look closely at the lettering/numbering on the jersey to see if its too shiny/satin-like

5.) Tags - I look at the neck tags (if possible) and/or the location of the paper tags (should be sleeve)

6.) Stitching - some over do it on the stitching doing more than the traditional zig-zag stitch

There are also other things to look at that are situational. Shipping cost can be an indicator that items will be drop shipped from Asia - shipping over $15 for US to US always seems suspicious to me, but isn't a dead give away. Also depending on the team, there are other little things to look for - nameplate, font issues, etc.