EBay

Brilliant!

Just giving a heads up to anyone interested. An authentic mid-90s CCM Rangers jersey was just listed on eBay for cheap. It's only a size 44 though. If I didn't already have this exact jersey customized with Leetch I'd bid on it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Collection-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just giving a heads up to anyone interested. An authentic mid-90s CCM Rangers jersey was just listed on eBay for cheap. It's only a size 44 though. If I didn't already have this exact jersey customized with Leetch I'd bid on it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Collection-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

Such a gorgeous jersey, if they had the blue version in my size I'd have to consider bidding on it. I can't imagine how small a 44 is.

Such a gorgeous jersey, if they had the blue version in my size I'd have to consider bidding on it. I can't imagine how small a 44 is.

It's real small. I got the 44 last year mostly because it was so cheap (around $40 shipped). With the customization and the SC patch it looks real nice though. Mostly just use it for show or my mom/girlfriend will wear it to games.

It's real small. I got the 44 last year mostly because it was so cheap (around $40 shipped). With the customization and the SC patch it looks real nice though. Mostly just use it for show or my mom/girlfriend will wear it to games.

I think the Rangers, Red Wings, and Blackhawks are among my favorite teams EBay-wise to explore. I've seen some awesome Rangers jerseys show up on there and then some that I'd rather forget, such as the Kovalev jersey in the customization laugher thread.

Oh eBay! How I love thee. I snagged an authentic black flying skate Canucks jersey size 48 today for 62 dollars.

62 bucks.

I know. I can't believe it either. 62 bucks!

Oh eBay! How I love thee. I snagged an authentic black flying skate Canucks jersey size 48 today for 62 dollars.

62 bucks.

I know. I can't believe it either. 62 bucks!

Great catch, Brilliant! Do you have a picture?

Has anyone bought a jersey from this "Cincyguy" on eBay? Please take a look and tell me what you think. Legit?

Click here for Cincy Guy's Jerseys

Great catch, Brilliant! Do you have a picture?

Has anyone bought a jersey from this "Cincyguy" on eBay? Please take a look and tell me what you think. Legit?

Click here for Cincy Guy's Jerseys

Just look at the price and you'll have your answer!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SIDNEY-CROSBY-PENGUINS-...A1%7C240%3A1318

I've seen more and more of these jerseys pop up. Am I missing something or are these the new popular things? I've seen a vintage Ovechkin Capitals jersey and a 1989 Stanley Cup Finals Iginla 12# jersey (Hakan Loob wore that number that season, he was one of the top scorers on that team). I can understand maybe putting a #66 Lemieux on a Pens edge jersey since his number is retired, but what's with the going back in time for today's stars?

How can they be so cheap? The guy has 99.6% Positive feedback. You guys think they're chinese knock-offs or what?

How can they be so cheap? The guy has 99.6% Positive feedback. You guys think they're chinese knock-offs or what?

That seller (cincyguy284) sells knockoffs. I hadn't seen the new vintage CCM jerseys he's selling, but if they come from him, they are knockoffs. You can always spot his pictures because he takes them on a tan pool table. As for why is feedback is so high, most of the knockoff folks have high feeback ratings - the sell high volume of incredibly cheap merchandise that most people don't know or care aren't authentic. My final pet peeve with that seller is that he calls himself "Cincy" guy when he lives in Trenton - 30 miles north of Cincinnati :P

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SIDNEY-CROSBY-PENGUINS-...A1%7C240%3A1318

I've seen more and more of these jerseys pop up. Am I missing something or are these the new popular things? I've seen a vintage Ovechkin Capitals jersey and a 1989 Stanley Cup Finals Iginla 12# jersey (Hakan Loob wore that number that season, he was one of the top scorers on that team). I can understand maybe putting a #66 Lemieux on a Pens edge jersey since his number is retired, but what's with the going back in time for today's stars?

I'm not sure how long they've been popular, but I've been seeing them around for awhile on Ebay. I also saw a couple when I was in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago. Either way, I consider it a jersey don't to put a player's name on a jersey when he never wore that style. But that is just me and hey, it's not my money...

I emailed this guy before his auctions ended to find out his reserves; the cheapest were the Haseks at $325 minimum...I bid on a bunch of them, knowing I wouldn't hit the reserve price. Sweet Arse jerseys though, and he had more posted, but these were the nicest...

Without a doubt, that guy has some great jerseys. He has a LaFontaine that I have watched a good dozen or so times, but just can't bring myself to meet his reserve right now. Maybe when things settle down with a few other things, I will go for it, but for now, I just look at his jerseys and dream.

I really hate the concept of reserve prices. If there's a set amount you want for it, start the bidding at that amount or just use buy it now. I get the idea that if you have a reserve you can start the auction off at a dollar, so someone might see the auction at a dollar and want to bid, but if your reserve is as high as most I've seen (at least on jerseys) those cheap low-ball bidders aren't going to come near your reserve and you're just wasting everyones time with the reserve.

I'm pretty sure this is a legitimate jersey, but even though I'm a huge Pens fan; I'm not up on the vintage looks. Can someone look at it and make sure?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-Mario-Lemieux-Pitt...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I really hate the concept of reserve prices. If there's a set amount you want for it, start the bidding at that amount or just use buy it now. I get the idea that if you have a reserve you can start the auction off at a dollar, so someone might see the auction at a dollar and want to bid, but if your reserve is as high as most I've seen (at least on jerseys) those cheap low-ball bidders aren't going to come near your reserve and you're just wasting everyones time with the reserve.

right!.......i don´t get that reserve thing..........really stupid by ebay

An auction reserve is really just a way to encourage bidding. It allows a low starting price without risk of a low sale price. That's why it costs more to list a reserve auction. It's not just an ebay thing, it's been done in auctioning for ages.

Good call. I'm new to collecting and I'm trying to pick up all these little hints and things to look for when buying. If you're inexperienced, it does look authentic from that picture.

It does indeed, and I've noticed a few others who also take extreme close-ups and are so convincing that I was having a hard time resisting the "BUY IT NOW!!!!!!" :) But one big clue that may not be as obvious is the white RBK logo on the back of the neck -- it shouldn't be white!

An auction reserve is really just a way to encourage bidding. It allows a low starting price without risk of a low sale price. That's why it costs more to list a reserve auction. It's not just an ebay thing, it's been done in auctioning for ages.

That, and if the final bid is at least close enough, the seller has the option of accepting it but isn't required to. I've done it before on big ticket items where the final bid could be about $20 shy of the reserve, and for a $400 item, I figured it was close enough so I sold it to the highest bidder anyway.

I'm pretty sure this is a legitimate jersey, but even though I'm a huge Pens fan; I'm not up on the vintage looks. Can someone look at it and make sure?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-Mario-Lemieux-Pitt...%3A1%7C294%3A50

You're serious? That's a total knockoff. The horrible font is usually the first give away.