EBay

Brilliant!

Is this a fake? I only have $100 to spend on a jersey and I was thinking this would be the best investment...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-w-Tags-Detroit-Red-...1QQcmdZViewItem

FYI - I've posted some nice authentics - http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZcdelo6

...feel free to message me for a complete list, thanks ;-)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=260361120946

Fake too? That's why I was wondering if size 50s existed.

I don't know about the Malkin 54, but this Crosby looks fake or atleast suspicious to me. First, the price and small picture immediately put me on guard. Secondly, the gold triangle behind the Penguin looks crinkly - like it's made out of the fake satin material the fakes normally have for numbers.

A buddy of mine bought a Crosby fake of this style off eBay last year. The numbering was fake glacier twill, so it had a criss-cross texture, very unlike the standard crinkle satin crap on most fakes. The crest and shoulder patches were the satin crap to get the gold look. The material for the body of the jersey actually didn't seem that bad - worse than airknit but not as flimsy as Edge or Premiers. Despite my attempts to educate him, he's actually happy with it even thought he knows its a fake.

Is this a fake? I only have $100 to spend on a jersey and I was thinking this would be the best investment...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-w-Tags-Detroit-Red-...1QQcmdZViewItem

:lol: Hahaha the description is hilarious!

"Things used to be so good in Carltown, when I lived by myself and had my jerseys hanging wall to wall. Then I got a girlfriend. We moved in together. Things were not so good in Carltown anymore. We got a new place together called Cathyville. The jerseys are not allowed on the walls anymore. The jerseys are not allowed in the closets anymore. We are no longer to speak of Carltown."

:lol: Hahaha the description is hilarious!

"Things used to be so good in Carltown, when I lived by myself and had my jerseys hanging wall to wall. Then I got a girlfriend. We moved in together. Things were not so good in Carltown anymore. We got a new place together called Cathyville. The jerseys are not allowed on the walls anymore. The jerseys are not allowed in the closets anymore. We are no longer to speak of Carltown."

If I moved to Carltown and saw that hideous Wings jersey on the wall, I'd pack my bags and head for Cathyville in a hurry...

Alright guys, I received the jersey, Customization is crap and I will get it redone. It's not even glacier twill...

However, I want to know if the jersey is authentic, and I need your help for that because it's not obvious. Here are the pictures:

dsc01293fw9.th.jpg

dsc01292gm2.th.jpg

dsc01294jf6.th.jpg

dsc01296ol8.th.jpg

dsc01295kx4.th.jpg

Let me know what you think

I gotta tell you dude...I don't like that fight strap. The buttons look wrong and that square that it's sewn under looks terrible.

I gotta tell you dude...I don't like that fight strap. The buttons look wrong and that square that it's sewn under looks terrible.

so you say fake?

Alright guys, I received the jersey, Customization is crap and I will get it redone. It's not even glacier twill...

However, I want to know if the jersey is authentic, and I need your help for that because it's not obvious. Here are the pictures:

dsc01293fw9.th.jpg

dsc01292gm2.th.jpg

dsc01294jf6.th.jpg

dsc01296ol8.th.jpg

dsc01295kx4.th.jpg

Let me know what you think

It's definitely a fake. Reebok does NOT sew their tags like that, and that fight strap was an obvious afterthought, amongst other subtle clues.

Just sent a message to the seller demanding a full refund. I'll try to make him pay shipping too. :angry:

Anybody has a authentic pens jersey for sale? I'd be interested :)

Anybody has a authentic pens jersey for sale? I'd be interested :)

I have an authentic version of that jersey in a size 52, Crosby with the "A". If you're still interested, send me a message. It IS authentic.

Well I got a full refund (including both shippings). Yay! :P

Well I got a full refund (including both shippings). Yay! :P

I once bought a knockoff by accident, and the seller said they would refund it for me. They didn't refund the shipping cost, then had the balls to ask me to leave them a positive feedback because they were an outstanding seller. I wish EVERYBODY played hockey so I could Billy Smith this seller to the ground like the figure skater he was.

I once bought a knockoff by accident, and the seller said they would refund it for me. They didn't refund the shipping cost, then had the balls to ask me to leave them a positive feedback because they were an outstanding seller. I wish EVERYBODY played hockey so I could Billy Smith this seller to the ground like the figure skater he was.

Ahaha nah that one was pretty cool about it. He immediately transfered the money back, before I even said I would ship the jersey back.

Could this be the long lost son of Wild Wing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330308730827

d53a_1.JPG

I can vouch for the seller - he's the one I got the 3 Nike size 58 WC jerseys from.

Could this be the long lost son of Wild Wing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330308730827

d53a_1.JPG

I can vouch for the seller - he's the one I got the 3 Nike size 58 WC jerseys from.

That is totally cool. If I were a big Might Ducks collector, I'd go nuts for this one. I wonder what it will sell for? It's one of those things that will either go cheap since it was never used, or go for a lot since it's rare. All it takes is for two people to really, really want it. But the big question is are there two people who would?

First things first:

AHAHAH!!! That KILLED me when it loaded. Absolutely hilarious.

Ok...onto the real subject at hand.

I had been scouring the 'net for the past few months to get my hands on a '92-'97 Alternate Pens jersey (with "Pittsburgh" diagonally stitched down the front). Didn't care who it was, I was going to get it renumbered to Lemieux. Well, I found this Jagr jersey and won it for $40:

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

I honestly don't know if the person knew what they had. Then I asked if they had a Lemieux jersey by chance and they said they'd sell it for another $90. I did some research before I purchased either of them, and they both seemed really legit. When I got the Jagr jersey I couldn't believe it. Seems to be totally authentic; tags, patches, fight strap, stitching, etc.

Then I got Lemieux:

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5899.jpg

Still seems to be top quality and legit, however I noticed a few issues that kinda make me uneasy about whether it's truly authentic or not. First being that the name plate and back numbers are stitched on rather low.

Next, the fight strap on the Lemieux actually got stitched over by the numbers (the actual strap, not the fabric that sews it and the jersey together):

IMG_5900.jpg

Then, I compared the sleeve numbers and the fonts are completely different:

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

I don't know that I care one way or the other, since I feel I got a kick-Arse product regardless (one that is hard as hell to find to boot), but I'm still curious. The seller was very open about everything, not hiding a thing. Hell, I was the one who requested the Lemieux jersey after purchasing the Jagr one, it's not like they were trying to sell this one specifically. Perhaps it was a blank jersey when originally purchased and then numbered after the fact? They said both were purchased at the arena years ago when they actually still lived in the city.

Thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Edited by blurryhaze312

Another question:

I am now moving on to find the '92 Cup/Badger Bob/25th Pens Anniversary jersey. Found this one, but I don't know what to think....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260363291473

Seems legit enough but then I notice a few feedbacks that mention he ships from China, some of his other listings weren't exactly up to snuff, etc.

I'm tempted to buy it just because it is yet another rare jersey that I'm having a hard time finding...but I don't want to get screwed with a piece of crap, even if it can be had for $60 (+$18 shipping....ick).

Edited by blurryhaze312

Another question:

I am now moving on to find the '92 Cup/Badger Bob/25th Pens Anniversary jersey. Found this one, but I don't know what to think....

Seems legit enough but then I notice a few feedbacks that mention he ships from China, some of his other listings weren't exactly up to snuff, etc.

I'm tempted to buy it just because it is yet another rare jersey that I'm having a hard time finding...but I don't want to get screwed with a piece of crap, even if it can be had for $60 (+$18 shipping....ick).

notice in every picture (including the strategically placed towel) it never shows the tag, I'm guessing there's a reason for that. also the whole 'pick any size' thing and the fact that he's in China...I'd stay far away from that one.

Edited by HawksFan79

notice in every picture (including the strategically placed towel) it never shows the tag, I'm guessing there's a reason for that. also the whole 'pick any size' thing and the fact that he's in China...I'd stay far away from that one.

Yea, I noticed as well and am asking people who bought from the same seller to send me pics. We'll see how that goes.

Another question:

That jersey is a fake. Looks like a "Griffenfood Special".

In this picture you can see how the different colored waist striping are sewn together.

209411093_o.jpg

The original jersey was made of a one-piece material just like your Penguins road jerseys.

That jersey is a fake. Looks like a "Griffenfood Special".

In this picture you can see how the different colored waist striping are sewn together.

209411093_o.jpg

The original jersey was made of a one-piece material just like your Penguins road jerseys.

You can trust our German friend.

I know I'll never buy another pens jersey without his approval ahaha.