EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha nice, I just won the Jersey for the starting price. I just found out i can wear a 48, atleast in Reebok 6100s, and it looks and feels comfortable. I havent tried any other 48s, so if this one runs big, it probably wont be that great.

Wondering whether to bother with this one - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270487939018

Also, there is one I've been watching for some time that depending on where it goes, I think it would be worth seeing how it fits me as a CCM size 54 - it would be my first CCM "number-sized" jersey and even if it goes over $200 would still be less than half the price of the other CCM 54 I'm watching- I asked the seller to post a pic of the back. Not sure if this is worthwhile either - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180434490806

http://cgi.ebay.ca/AUTHENTIC-NHL-CCM-WINNI...=item2a02c260e7

? Looks a bit suspicious to me... but I am not sure what the lettering looks like on that jersey.

That one does look a bit off. Maybe it's just the photo, but my gut reaction is that there's more wrong with it than it just being a bad photo, even though the seller does have a good rating.

Also, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the Ebay store "Hockey Jersey Outlet" (w/o quotes)- seller is mbsmall8tm0? This one seems to have a somewhat "decent" price on EDGEs (i.e. not low enough to be suspicious, but "cheaper" than retail would be) and a pretty wide selection.

Also, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the Ebay store "Hockey Jersey Outlet" (w/o quotes)- seller is mbsmall8tm0? This one seems to have a somewhat "decent" price on EDGEs (i.e. not low enough to be suspicious, but "cheaper" than retail would be) and a pretty wide selection.

I have heard nothing but good things about that seller.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/AUTHENTIC-NHL-CCM-WINNI...=item2a02c260e7

? Looks a bit suspicious to me... but I am not sure what the lettering looks like on that jersey.

FAKE. The fight strap is a dead giveaway.

FAKE. The fight strap is a dead giveaway.

I know a lot of people that use the fight strap as a telltale sign of a fake - personally I can't see much of a difference sometimes unless the pictures are really blown up. What's the key thing to look at on a fight strap to denote a fake? The snaps?

I know a lot of people that use the fight strap as a telltale sign of a fake - personally I can't see much of a difference sometimes unless the pictures are really blown up. What's the key thing to look at on a fight strap to denote a fake? The snaps?

I look at the way the strap is attached to the jersey. On real authentics there is a piece of twill that is sewn on top of the strap to the jersey to hold it in place. This piece of twill is wider then the strap by an inch on two on each side but on the fakes it is only as wide as the strap. Have a look at one of your authentics and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I look at the way the strap is attached to the jersey. On real authentics there is a piece of twill that is sewn on top of the strap to the jersey to hold it in place. This piece of twill is wider then the strap by an inch on two on each side but on the fakes it is only as wide as the strap. Have a look at one of your authentics and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ahhhh *light blub goes off* I know exactly what you're talking about now. I just never thought to look at that detail on the fakes. Thanks.

thanks a ton! Another thing to look for. Usually I can spot fakes by the quality of the crest and the numbering, but I wasn't sure what these vintage jets ones were supposed to look like...

I have seen a lot of fakes and that Jets Hawerchuck one is NO exception. It's definitely fake so yes stay away from it. It must be just that one Jets jersey that is a fake style because I have never seen the other blue Jets jersey or the white Jets jersey as fakes.

Regarding the fake fight straps, the biggest thing I notice is that, as TMLFAN pointed out, the twill piece attaching it to the jersey is usually wrong AND the snaps are usually way too close(north-south) to the edges of the strap. On the good ones, they're more centered inside the material.

If anyone's looking for a pre-edge Colorado Avalanche third size 44, here's a rare opportunity:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-COLORADO-AVA...=item5884943736

The photo says size 48, but the auction's for a 44.

i just messaged him, if its a 46 its mine!!

Its probably going to be a 44, Lakeshow is notorious for posting pictures of a size 48 when it describes and states you will get a 46. Never ordered from him though.

His "blah blah terms/conditions blah blah" is longer than the item's description :rolleyes: . I received a very unfriendly email once when I asked him WHY he doesn't ship overseas. I know he's on JC AND I would have bought a lot of jerseys from him but...

I don't like how eBay works.

Just now I put a bid down on a size 48 Penguins jersey. I was leading at only $10, I was really excited. I have a Lemieux number kit that needs a jersey, and I thought wow I might be able to make an authentic. Then with 1 second to go two bids get in there somehow beating my top bid. I knew I should have made it a little higher but I'm used to people bidding with a couple of minutes to go, not seconds. I think I have heard of people talking about software that does this sneaky bidding for you, it's kind of cheating but I guess if you put the highest amount you would pay then there shouldn't be any complaints.

Anyway I think the major online auction site in New Zealand works in a better way. If anyone makes a bid in the last two minutes the auction end time extends another two minutes. This is good for buyers but it's probably better for the sellers, as bidders will bid against each other in frustration and as a buyer you can quickly rethink your max bid and get another one in there.

So... did someone just pick up a 90's Penguins jersey for $26??? hah

I probably would have gone to $30 but didn't know how much the shipping would cost me.

Oh well.