EBay

Brilliant!

Hey can anyone help me with this?

I am watching this auction

Devils CCM jersey

But the NHL shield is missing from the hemn. Why are some jerseys like this? I have seen others as well.

Not sure why as I had assumed that jerseys from the early 90's had the NHL shield with the CCM logo on the hemn

thanks in advance

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils CCM jersey

But the NHL shield is missing from the hemn. Why are some jerseys like this? I have seen others as well.

Not sure why as I had assumed that jerseys from the early 90's had the NHL shield with the CCM logo on the hemn

thanks in advance

Maybe its just me but that "Green" looks awfully dark, almost black.

IF it is from the era it claims to be from (i.e. that it's green not black), then I'm not entirely sure it is from the 90's - a check of nhluniforms.com reveals that they started wearing the CCM tag (w/o the NHL shield) in 1983-84, and didn't add the NHL shield to the "CCM" until 1990-91.

Devils CCM jersey

thanks in advance

The nhl started putting the shield on the hem in the 90-91 season when they started using the new block lettering for CCM. When the season started some teams only had the new font but no shield until about mid way through the season. That jersey is from the beginning of the 90-91 season and is 100% legit, the LA Kings did the same thing. That Devils jersey is going to sell for a big amount too.

That is a sweet jersey and given my experiences with jerseys from the 80's, I agree with TMLFAN that it is going to sell high- much as I've never really liked the team, I've always really liked that home jersey from the red and green era.

The NHL shield actually started partway through the 89-90 season; quite a few teams had it on their second set game jerseys.

It became the leaguewide standard in 90-91.

Yup your correct, I had my years mixed up. The Devils jersey is from the beginning of the 89-90 season.

is it me or is the crest tilted way to much on that one?

well I emailed the seller because I had expressed the same concern about the green looking too black on the photos, but he told me that it is indeed green (the CCM logo is green/red, etc)

Ok thanks for the clarification everyone, I didn't know about the whole thing with teams putting on the NHL shield later after the CCM logo switched to block letters.

I have a Gretzky Kings jersey like that (CCM block letters, no NHL shield)

On a related matter, does anyone have an 80's Kings home jersey for sale, with the small CCM logo (silver/black jersey) before the block lettering?

Can anyone help me out with this vintage durene Rangers jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-60S-NY-RANGERS-LAC...=item33579826ec

It looks legit to me, especially considering the seller has a bunch of old hockey memorabilia, but I have absolutely no knowledge on jerseys from this time period. Is it accurate to the time period? Is it a replica or authentic? Did they have a distinction between replicas and authentics back then? Etc. Thanks guys!

well I emailed the seller because I had expressed the same concern about the green looking too black on the photos, but he told me that it is indeed green (the CCM logo is green/red, etc)

Ok thanks for the clarification everyone, I didn't know about the whole thing with teams putting on the NHL shield later after the CCM logo switched to block letters.

On a related matter, does anyone have an 80's Kings home jersey for sale, with the small CCM logo (silver/black jersey) before the block lettering?

There is one on Ebay but the price is steep for it. If you need reference pics the Gretzky in my collection is what your looking for but unfortunately is not for sale.

There is one on Ebay but the price is steep for it. If you need reference pics the Gretzky in my collection is what your looking for but unfortunately is not for sale.

There is? I didn't see one

Do you have a link??

Does anyone know what era this was from? Is there an "AHLuniforms.com"-type site out there? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360208376420

I have a '93 one if you are interested. Pretty sure it has the block letters, but it does have the NHL shield. It is blank but I can refer you to a place that will customize it correctly.

I have a '93 one if you are interested. Pretty sure it has the block letters, but it does have the NHL shield. It is blank but I can refer you to a place that will customize it correctly.

thanks, but I'm specifically looking for that one. I already have that style (kings home) that I keep to commemorate Gretzky's 802nd goal. I also have the 89-90 jersey for the 1851st point.

Is there any way I can get you to part with that?

I have a double tagged CCM kings jersey I can trade with you or I can buy it outright. (I would prefer to buy it from you as I really don't want to part with that one but it would make a great gift for him so if I have to I will)

My cousin has been looking for that jersey as well as he is a HUGE gretzky fan.

Is there any way I can get you to part with that?

I have a double tagged CCM kings jersey I can trade with you or I can buy it outright. (I would prefer to buy it from you as I really don't want to part with that one but it would make a great gift for him so if I have to I will)

My cousin has been looking for that jersey as well as he is a HUGE gretzky fan.

Somebody picked it up for 239usd today, was it you? Wow, I thought the price tag they had on it was steep but I guess not. Lucky for me I bought mine for about $90 cdn. Sorry but I can't give it up, it signifies one of the biggest trades in NHL history and is the first jersey Gretzky wore as a LA King.

Somebody picked it up for 239usd today, was it you? Wow, I thought the price tag they had on it was steep but I guess not. Lucky for me I bought mine for about $90 cdn. Sorry but I can't give it up, it signifies one of the biggest trades in NHL history and is the first jersey Gretzky wore as a LA King.

Yes, it was.....I wasn't sure if you wanted to part with yours, so I did the best I could I guess.....

I missed out on one that ended recently.....

Two questions on that.....is it double tagged and what size?

Yes, it was.....I wasn't sure if you wanted to part with yours, so I did the best I could I guess.....

I missed out on one that ended recently.....

Right on, I didn't mean for my post to sound like the price was too high to pay, the 88-89 jersey is hard to find so if it's something you really wanted then good on you for picking it up. I guess I got really lucky when I found mine on ebay 6 months ago with a $75usd buy it now.

P.S. when you get it customized with Gretzky make the you have the A on the front sewn onto a piece of velcro and not directly to the jersey if you want a 100% authentic look. I didn't bother and sewed mine directly to the jersey but just letting you know that back in 88-89 the Kings had the A's attached with velcro and not stiched to the jersey.

Here is a rare find if anyone wants to pick it up within the next less than 24 hours. I'm surprised this has no bidders:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-PRO-MARTIN-B...=item2a02a164f2

I'd love to have this myself but I'm eyeing a few other jerseys that I could get cheaper right now.

Here is a rare find if anyone wants to pick it up within the next less than 24 hours. I'm surprised this has no bidders:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-PRO-MARTIN-B...=item2a02a164f2

I'd love to have this myself but I'm eyeing a few other jerseys that I could get cheaper right now.

I was watching that :)

Hey I found one for you , may be too small, but your sig led me to share this with you.

WBS Authentic Size 46

That seller always has the most unique and interesting items of the highest quality.

And no, it's not my auction!